RemedySpot.com

Re: VM 5200 Lid question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

my lid has a square hole & round lid... only time mine "leaks" is when I'm cleaning it. You might have too much stuff in it, try cutting it in 1/2 & see what happens Patti From: cork2win <cork2win@...> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:41 PM Subject: VM 5200 Lid question

The lid on my new vitamix leaks. The black rubber-like part fits fine into the container, I'm talking about the plastic stopper that goes into the hole in the lid. The hole is somewhat square, yet the lid is round, leaving gaps. I've had several things bubble out and through the lid recently making quite a mess.

Is the stopper supposed to be round, leaving these gaps? Is there a reason for it?

Guest guest

Thanks for the response. At least I know this is how it's supposed to be (round

plug, square hole).

Actually I have more problems when there's very little in the machine than I do

when it's full. When it's close to empty, the stuff in it seems to shoot up

more than when it's full.

For example, I made hot chocolate yesterday using only a cup of milk and a

handful of milk chocolate. I ran it for 4 minutes to make it hot and by the

time it was done I had milk foam all over the place, even though the container

only had a cup of liquid in it.

I'm just wondering why they've done it like this? I'm guessing there is a

reason, otherwise it just seems like bad engineering.

>

> my lid has a square hole & round lid... only time mine " leaks " is when I'm

cleaning it.  You might have too much stuff in it, try cutting it in 1/2 & see

what happens

>

>

>  

> Patti 

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: cork2win <cork2win@...>

>

> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:41 PM

> Subject: VM 5200 Lid question

>

>

>  

> The lid on my new vitamix leaks. The black rubber-like part fits fine into

the container, I'm talking about the plastic stopper that goes into the hole in

the lid. The hole is somewhat square, yet the lid is round, leaving gaps. I've

had several things bubble out and through the lid recently making quite a mess.

>

> Is the stopper supposed to be round, leaving these gaps? Is there a reason

for it?

>

Guest guest

I'm not sure why they do it (to release steam pressure maybe?) but if I'm making hot chocolate or something like that, I always leave a cloth on top just in caseDebbieOn 10 Apr 2012, at 07:49 PM, "cork2win" <cork2win@...> wrote:

Thanks for the response. At least I know this is how it's supposed to be (round plug, square hole).

Actually I have more problems when there's very little in the machine than I do when it's full. When it's close to empty, the stuff in it seems to shoot up more than when it's full.

For example, I made hot chocolate yesterday using only a cup of milk and a handful of milk chocolate. I ran it for 4 minutes to make it hot and by the time it was done I had milk foam all over the place, even though the container only had a cup of liquid in it.

I'm just wondering why they've done it like this? I'm guessing there is a reason, otherwise it just seems like bad engineering.

>

> my lid has a square hole & round lid... only time mine "leaks" is when I'm cleaning it. You might have too much stuff in it, try cutting it in 1/2 & see what happens

>

>

> Â

> PattiÂ

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

> The lid on my new vitamix leaks. The black rubber-like part fits fine into the container, I'm talking about the plastic stopper that goes into the hole in the lid. The hole is somewhat square, yet the lid is round, leaving gaps. I've had several things bubble out and through the lid recently making quite a mess.

>

> Is the stopper supposed to be round, leaving these gaps? Is there a reason for it?

>

Guest guest

yes usually if its just liquid it does shoot up, like when I clean mine. When making smoothies, it doesnt leak out or when i make soups or sauces or dressings. Patti From: cork2win <cork2win@...> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:49 PM Subject: Re: VM 5200 Lid question

Thanks for the response. At least I know this is how it's supposed to be (round plug, square hole).

Actually I have more problems when there's very little in the machine than I do when it's full. When it's close to empty, the stuff in it seems to shoot up more than when it's full.

For example, I made hot chocolate yesterday using only a cup of milk and a handful of milk chocolate. I ran it for 4 minutes to make it hot and by the time it was done I had milk foam all over the place, even though the container only had a cup of liquid in it.

I'm just wondering why they've done it like this? I'm guessing there is a reason, otherwise it just seems like bad engineering.

>

> my lid has a square hole & round lid... only time mine "leaks" is when I'm cleaning it. You might have too much stuff in it, try cutting it in 1/2 & see what happens

>

>

> Â

> PattiÂ

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

> The lid on my new vitamix leaks. The black rubber-like part fits fine into the container, I'm talking about the plastic stopper that goes into the hole in the lid. The hole is somewhat square, yet the lid is round, leaving gaps. I've had several things bubble out and through the lid recently making quite a mess.

>

> Is the stopper supposed to be round, leaving these gaps? Is there a reason for it?

>

Guest guest

Hello,The gaps are vents for steam release. You can twist the lid cap so that it is not locked into place, but gives better coverage over the top of the gaps.Filling the container a little bit lower might help too.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Apr 10, 2012, at 2:41 PM, cork2win wrote:

The lid on my new vitamix leaks. The black rubber-like part fits fine into the container, I'm talking about the plastic stopper that goes into the hole in the lid. The hole is somewhat square, yet the lid is round, leaving gaps. I've had several things bubble out and through the lid recently making quite a mess.

Is the stopper supposed to be round, leaving these gaps? Is there a reason for it?

Guest guest

I often don't even bother with the cap while washing, I just put my hand over it. Sent from my iPadHDOn Apr 10, 2012, at 6:49 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello,The gaps are vents for steam release. You can twist the lid cap so that it is not locked into place, but gives better coverage over the top of the gaps.Filling the container a little bit lower might help too.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Apr 10, 2012, at 2:41 PM, cork2win wrote:

Guest guest

Since we are the topic of the VM lid - should I be concerned my center lid

section doesn't lock? It never has, the center pretty much just spins. My small

and dry container centers do lock, but my large main container doesn't.

>

> The lid on my new vitamix leaks. The black rubber-like part fits fine into the

container, I'm talking about the plastic stopper that goes into the hole in the

lid. The hole is somewhat square, yet the lid is round, leaving gaps. I've had

several things bubble out and through the lid recently making quite a mess.

>

> Is the stopper supposed to be round, leaving these gaps? Is there a reason for

it?

>

Guest guest

Same with mine. I don't have a problem with it, but don't understand why they

claim it locks when it surely does not!

> >

> > The lid on my new vitamix leaks. The black rubber-like part fits fine into

the container, I'm talking about the plastic stopper that goes into the hole in

the lid. The hole is somewhat square, yet the lid is round, leaving gaps. I've

had several things bubble out and through the lid recently making quite a mess.

> >

> > Is the stopper supposed to be round, leaving these gaps? Is there a reason

for it?

> >

>