RemedySpot.com

About Goiterogens - was - Why Cauliflower Should Be On Your Grocery List

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

There is a link on our links page titled, "What are Goiterogens" There is some good information in that article.I am untreated hypothyroid. My last two labs show that I have the wrong balance of RT3 to Free T3. I know that for me, I can tell if I've over done it on the goiterogens (cooked or raw) by how I feel. If I really over do the green juice (have had to back off of my pound a day of greens) my heart starts pounding, my fatigue kicks back in, and my hair falls out more. But even cooked cabbage (which I LOVE) can make me REALLY tired - I hate that…Had steamed cauliflower and grass-fed-beef-liver sautéed in coconut oil for lunch. Took a nap for the first time in a long time - sigh. But I still will eat the other half of the cauliflower and then just stay away from the goiterogens for a couple of days... all things in moderation :-)If it doesn't go on for too long :-) we can leave this one here because it can be "on topic" because we are discussing foods that go into the Vitamix - some people may want to know more about this class of foods and how they might affect their health/energy levels.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 12, 2012, at 9:19 PM, wrote:

Honestly, it is typical, and irresponsible for your endo to say that, but they all do. That is the same as telling someone on cholesterol meds that they can have all the cholesterol rich foods they want (which most people do believe) or someone on diabetes meds that they can eat all the sugar they want. Pills really just mask the symptoms or replace what is missing-they don't address the underlying issue. Sad, but most doctors aren't well educated in how nutrition effects the underlying ailment, whic is why I think we all need to do our own research and determine what is best for us.

>

> Im confused, my endocrinologist has always told me that goitrogen foods are

> safe to eat as long as you are on thyroid medication.

>

> Any comments?

>

>

>

> In HIs Grace....

>

> Robbie

>

>

>

>