RemedySpot.com

Flaxseeds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, I was just wondering about using flaxseeds in a smoothie. My question is,

since ground flaxseeds only last a short time, if I grind them in a smoothie and

don't drink it all the same day, will they go rancid and spoil the rest that's

left?

Thanks,

graylady

Guest guest

I've never had any problem. I usually have some smoothie leftover and drink it

the next day. I've never measured how much flax I add but it's probably 2 or 3

tablespoons.

Sent from my iPadHD

On Mar 30, 2012, at 3:15 PM, " graylady7 " <sanreid@...> wrote:

> Hi, I was just wondering about using flaxseeds in a smoothie. My question is,

since ground flaxseeds only last a short time, if I grind them in a smoothie and

don't drink it all the same day, will they go rancid and spoil the rest that's

left?

>

> Thanks,

> graylady

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Guest guest

I just toss in the whole seeds and never see them again. <g>Sent from my iPadHDOn Mar 30, 2012, at 4:36 PM, "sanr" <sanreid@...> wrote:

Hi, yeah it tastes okay. I used both the ground up seeds and the flax oil. Thx, gl

I've never had any problem. I usually have some smoothie leftover and drink it the next day. I've never measured how much flax I add but it's probably 2 or 3 tablespoons.Sent from my iPadHDOn Mar 30, 2012, at 3:15 PM, "graylady7" <sanreid@...> wrote:> Hi, I was just wondering about using flaxseeds in a smoothie. My question is, since ground flaxseeds only last a short time, if I grind them in a smoothie and don't drink it all the same day, will they go rancid and spoil the rest that's left?> > Thanks,> graylady> > > > ------------------------------------> > Please bookmark these pages:> > /links/ > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Me too, just grind them first while the vm dry and empty. Will they work the other way? Never tried it.

I just toss in the whole seeds and never see them again. <g>Sent from my iPadHD

On Mar 30, 2012, at 4:36 PM, "sanr" <sanreid@...> wrote:

Hi, yeah it tastes okay. I used both the ground up seeds and the flax oil. Thx, gl

I've never had any problem. I usually have some smoothie leftover and drink it the next day. I've never measured how much flax I add but it's probably 2 or 3 tablespoons.Sent from my iPadHDOn Mar 30, 2012, at 3:15 PM, "graylady7" <sanreid@...> wrote:> Hi, I was just wondering about using flaxseeds in a smoothie. My question is, since ground flaxseeds only last a short time, if I grind them in a smoothie and don't drink it all the same day, will they go rancid and spoil the rest that's left?> > Thanks,> graylady> > > > ------------------------------------> > Please bookmark these pages:> > /links/ > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

I just throw the seeds in with the other things. They get ground up with everything else. TerrySent from my iPadHDOn Mar 30, 2012, at 4:47 PM, "sanr" <sanreid@...> wrote:

Me too, just grind them first while the vm dry and empty. Will they work the other way? Never tried it.

Guest guest

Thanks, I will do it that way next time. gl

I just throw the seeds in with the other things. They get ground up with everything else.

TerrySent from my iPadHD

On Mar 30, 2012, at 4:47 PM, "sanr" <sanreid@...> wrote: