RemedySpot.com

Re: damn new container -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Return it to Amazon and buy one from Lea Ann!

Fran

In a message dated 4/24/2012 4:08:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, eilisalana@... writes:

I bought a dry container - the one listed here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001949USO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00I put it on my base - a white 5000 something I bought in the early 90s- and shortly after it was turned on I could smell rubber, got a bit of smoke and saw bits off the piece that surrounds wehre the container connects with the base and seems some comes off the container too.all I can say is WTF???? I waited a few days - and just tried it again - and it did the same thingI am too tired from other things stressing me here to think -- need help/suggestions!Thanks all!!!!!

Guest guest

The base where my dry container meets the base is clear plastic. No rubber.Sent from my iPadHDOn Apr 24, 2012, at 4:46 PM, fradal@... wrote:

Return it to Amazon and buy one from Lea Ann!

Fran

In a message dated 4/24/2012 4:08:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, eilisalana@... writes:

I bought a dry container - the one listed here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001949USO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00I put it on my base - a white 5000 something I bought in the early 90s- and shortly after it was turned on I could smell rubber, got a bit of smoke and saw bits off the piece that surrounds wehre the container connects with the base and seems some comes off the container too.all I can say is WTF???? I waited a few days - and just tried it again - and it did the same thingI am too tired from other things stressing me here to think -- need help/suggestions!Thanks all!!!!!

Guest guest

I am so sorry that I don't know how to advise you with an Amazon.com purchase. I'd try calling Vitamix customer service first (the 800 number is on the back of your machine). Need to make sure the base (motor) of your machine wasn't damaged.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Apr 24, 2012, at 4:08 PM, eilismaura wrote:

I bought a dry container - the one listed here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001949USO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I put it on my base - a white 5000 something I bought in the early 90s- and shortly after it was turned on I could smell rubber, got a bit of smoke and saw bits off the piece that surrounds wehre the container connects with the base and seems some comes off the container too.

all I can say is WTF????

I waited a few days - and just tried it again - and it did the same thing

I am too tired from other things stressing me here to think -- need help/suggestions!

Thanks all!!!!!