RemedySpot.com

Re: Wheatgrass ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello la-la ;-)You sure can put wheat grass in a smoothie! There is a post in our Links archive titled, "Can You Put Wheat Grass In A Smoothie?"/linksI think the taste is a unique sweet/bitter, but when mixed with fruit it "mellows".A lot of people will tell you that you can't get the nutrients out of wheat grass (or that you will damage them) in a Vitamix, but this isn't true (see the link I mentioned above). Sure you can get more nutrients in one day if you juice the wheat grass, but as you said, you aren't going to do that, so some nutrients every day (if you put a little in all or most of your green smoothies) is WAY better than a lot of nutrients once or twice a week! JMNSHO (just my not so humble opinion ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 6, 2012, at 9:08 AM, la-la-land.rm wrote:

I'd like to grow wheatgrass indoors in the winter once our fresh garden greens are gone. Does anyone use wheatgrass in their smoothies? What's the taste like? Do you have to juice it first? I don't have a juicer, and I'm not planning on buying one. I just wondered if I could throw a handful of wheat grass in with our smoothies.

Thanks for your thoughts! :)

Guest guest

I was doing this, but switched over to Amazing Grass. I figured it would be less expensive in the long run. For some reason it gives me energy - something the fresh didn't seem to do. I'm guessing it's more bio available...Chryste

Guest guest

Thanks Lea Ann! :)

I buy tons of organic wheat berries for milling, and I thought . . . why not

sprout some for drinking? ;)

I will try throwing it in their smoothies and seeing what happens! :)

>

> I'd like to grow wheatgrass indoors in the winter once our fresh garden greens

are gone. Does anyone use wheatgrass in their smoothies? What's the taste like?

Do you have to juice it first? I don't have a juicer, and I'm not planning on

buying one. I just wondered if I could throw a handful of wheat grass in with

our smoothies.

>

> Thanks for your thoughts! :)

>