RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Substituting bananas in smoothies & ice cream for kids 

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I agree. My 3-year old granddaughter gets to put all the ingredients into the VM container...including the spinach and any other greens, and of course, the fruit selected...and she loves it and asks for it. For her, the color if it is green, is pretty and not a turn off, and being involved in the making of it makes it taste special to her!Ginny From: gotgreensrevolutions <gotgreensrevolution@...> Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:44 AM Subject: Re: Substituting bananas in smoothies & ice cream for kids

It's true that bananas make smoothies creamy and also do a good job of balancing greens flavor but they are not necessary. Do you put any other fruit in your smoothies? If so, first try making the same smoothie without banana and and more of the other fruit.

If he like pumpkin, make pumpkin green smoothies. Some other fruits very popular with kids to try in green smoothies is pineapple, blueberry, mango, peach, and fresh dates. Things that specifically add more creaminess include avocado, romaine lettuce, mango, papaya, and hemp seed.

Keep experimenting and trying different things. Also, if you don't already, have him help make the smoothies. We have found that kids who help make, or even make on their own, green smoothies are much more likely to enjoy drinking them.

>

> I have a 6 year old son who doesn't like one veggie & only a few fruits. Do you see why I felt I needed a Vitamix, lol Anyway I've tried making him green smoothies & the minute he tastes them he can tell there is banana. This is one fruit he can taste in anything. I know adding bananas create a smooth texture. Any suggestions on what I could use instead of the bananas? On a positive note I can get my son to eat veggies in breads or cakes. His favorite is Pumpin pie or pumpkin cookies along with carrot cake. The fruits I can get him to eat are oranges, apples (red) & recently grapes. Any suggestions on getting some green smoothies in my baby boy :)

> Thanks- le

>