RemedySpot.com

Re: Attempted to make almond butter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Name? :-)Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible to make raw almond butter in a Vitamix machine. By the time you process the Almonds into nut butter they are VERY, VERY HOT - far above 118° (the temperature things are considered "raw" at).Attempting to make Almond Butter from unroasted Almonds WITHOUT any oil is THE HARDEST form of Nut Butter that you could have attempted. I can do it, but I'm pretty handy with the Vitamix machine HOWEVER, when I am done it is HOT!!!The only way I think you could make "creamy" would be to add oil. I've done it both ways. It is very, very firm and pasty without oil. Personally, I've started roasting my own almonds (or at my last show, I bought roasted almonds) and the Almond Butter comes out much smoother and creamier than from natural almonds.I believe that the only way to get TRULY raw almond butter would be to use a "cold press" method - I'm really not sure that even a "cold press" method keeps all of the ingredients under 118°.Is it important for you that the almond butter be considered "raw"? If not, I highly recommend using roasted almonds. If yes, then IMO you can't get a "raw" almond butter from a Vitamix machine (stick the thermometer in the almond butter after making it, and you'll see it exceeds 118°)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 29, 2012, at 4:40 PM, aj0524 wrote:

I wanted to make almond butter with my new Vitamix machine. I used raw almonds, the machine was on variable and I went from 1-10 then to high and used the tamper. I guess I was getting impatient and worried it would get hot and turned it off and it was like powder. Waited several minutes and tried again. I again got worried it was getting hot and turned it off and the almonds were like a paste and hot. Should I have kept going? I'm assuming it should take several minutes to get it to the creamy consistency that you want and it's normal for the almonds to get hot? I don't want to add oil to get that creamy consistency. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Guest guest

Well that makes sense! I will get roasted almonds and try again. I think i'll

try making peanut butter too. Thanks!

Amy :)

>

> I wanted to make almond butter with my new Vitamix machine. I used raw

almonds, the machine was on variable and I went from 1-10 then to high and used

the tamper. I guess I was getting impatient and worried it would get hot and

turned it off and it was like powder. Waited several minutes and tried again. I

again got worried it was getting hot and turned it off and the almonds were like

a paste and hot. Should I have kept going? I'm assuming it should take several

minutes to get it to the creamy consistency that you want and it's normal for

the almonds to get hot? I don't want to add oil to get that creamy consistency.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

>

Guest guest

Peanut butter will be a BREEZE compared to Almond Butter.Did you check out the Links page on Nut Butters?/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Nut_Butters_001327151680/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 31, 2012, at 6:00 AM, aj0524 wrote:

Well that makes sense! I will get roasted almonds and try again. I think i'll try making peanut butter too. Thanks!

>

> I wanted to make almond butter with my new Vitamix machine. I used raw almonds, the machine was on variable and I went from 1-10 then to high and used the tamper. I guess I was getting impatient and worried it would get hot and turned it off and it was like powder. Waited several minutes and tried again. I again got worried it was getting hot and turned it off and the almonds were like a paste and hot. Should I have kept going? I'm assuming it should take several minutes to get it to the creamy consistency that you want and it's normal for the almonds to get hot? I don't want to add oil to get that creamy consistency. Any suggestions? Thanks!

>

Guest guest

A good point to remember about the raw or not thing is that anything you can make yourself in the vita mix is going to be better then anything you buy in a bottle from the store by far!thanks for writing this, Leeanne I I just did a batch a few days agao and couldn't keep it in the house!CaitlynOn Mar 31, 2012, at 6:00 AM, aj0524 wrote:

Well that makes sense! I will get roasted almonds and try again. I think i'll try making peanut butter too. Thanks!

>

> I wanted to make almond butter with my new Vitamix machine. I used raw almonds, the machine was on variable and I went from 1-10 then to high and used the tamper. I guess I was getting impatient and worried it would get hot and turned it off and it was like powder. Waited several minutes and tried again. I again got worried it was getting hot and turned it off and the almonds were like a paste and hot. Should I have kept going? I'm assuming it should take several minutes to get it to the creamy consistency that you want and it's normal for the almonds to get hot? I don't want to add oil to get that creamy consistency. Any suggestions? Thanks!

>