RemedySpot.com

Coconut Butter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Hello Sherry,You are in luck! There is a lot of information here:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Coconut Butter Info. and Recipes/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 16, 2012, at 5:38 PM, Sherry wrote:

I'm just full of questions. lol.

I'm wondering if anyone has made coconut butter in their vitamix. I have tried in my regular blender and food processor and the results were not good.

How does the vitamix do with it?

Sherry

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Terry, here is a yummy raw cookie recipe from the paleomg.com blog (http://paleomg.com/leftovers-chocolate-coconut-stacks/#comment-16212)...(I used coconut butter instead of coconut cream concentrate - these little balls of delight were scrumptious!! Oh, and I didn't have any almonds on hand - GASP! - but I did have some walnut halves, which I pulsed in the VM on a low variable speed a few times to chop them up, then added them to the mixture.)FrannyLeftovers: Chocolate Coconut Stacks5.0 from 3 reviewsPrep time: 10 minsTotal time: 10 minsServes: 10-12Ingredients1/2 cup canned coconut milk1/2 cup Coconut Cream Concentrate or 1/2 cup homemade coconut butter1/2 cup maple syrup1/3 cup cocoa powder3/4 cup almond butter1 tsp vanilla2 cups shredded coconut1 cup sliced almondspinch of saltInstructionsIn a small saucepan add the coconut milk, coconut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and almond butter. Stir all the ingredients together until smooth and warmed through. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.In a medium bowl add the coconut and sliced almonds. Pour the chocolate mixture over the coconut and almonds and stir to thoroughly combine. Drop on a parchment lined cookie sheet and cool in the fridge until set.Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/leftovers-chocolate-coconut-stacks/On Jul 17, 2012, at 10:08 AM, Terry Pogue wrote:

Several weeks ago I tried making coconut butter and it didn't work. I decided it must be because the oil had been removed, you know desiccated coconut? So I just got my order from Bob's red Mill of 4 one pound packages of organic flaked full fat coconut. I thought I might try it again today or tomorrow. But you have to remind me what I do with it after I make it? <smile> spread OT on toast like peanut butter? How do you use it in your baking?

Terry

 Sent from my iPadHD

Guest guest

I could NEVER make that recipe because I would eat the ENTIRE batch in one sitting - seriously - I would do that…;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 17, 2012, at 12:13 PM, Franny Lesniak wrote:

Terry, here is a yummy raw cookie recipe from the paleomg.com blog (http://paleomg.com/leftovers-chocolate-coconut-stacks/#comment-16212)...(I used coconut butter instead of coconut cream concentrate - these little balls of delight were scrumptious!! Oh, and I didn't have any almonds on hand - GASP! - but I did have some walnut halves, which I pulsed in the VM on a low variable speed a few times to chop them up, then added them to the mixture.)FrannyLeftovers: Chocolate Coconut Stacks5.0 from 3 reviewsPrep time: 10 minsTotal time: 10 minsServes: 10-12Ingredients1/2 cup canned coconut milk1/2 cup Coconut Cream Concentrate or 1/2 cup homemade coconut butter1/2 cup maple syrup1/3 cup cocoa powder3/4 cup almond butter1 tsp vanilla2 cups shredded coconut1 cup sliced almondspinch of saltInstructionsIn a small saucepan add the coconut milk, coconut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and almond butter. Stir all the ingredients together until smooth and warmed through. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.In a medium bowl add the coconut and sliced almonds. Pour the chocolate mixture over the coconut and almonds and stir to thoroughly combine. Drop on a parchment lined cookie sheet and cool in the fridge until set.Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/leftovers-chocolate-coconut-stacks/On Jul 17, 2012, at 10:08 AM, Terry Pogue wrote:

Several weeks ago I tried making coconut butter and it didn't work. I decided it must be because the oil had been removed, you know desiccated coconut? So I just got my order from Bob's red Mill of 4 one pound packages of organic flaked full fat coconut. I thought I might try it again today or tomorrow. But you have to remind me what I do with it after I make it? <smile> spread OT on toast like peanut butter? How do you use it in your baking?

Terry

 Sent from my iPadHD

Guest guest

Hmmm, I don't think husband would be to thrilled if I gave him a spoonful. I'll go looking for some coconut recipes since I now have four 1 pound bags of the coconut. I do have a good coconut cake and I haven't make one in years. Oh and a coconut cream pie...maybe put bananas in that. Lots to explore. I'm anxious to see what happens when I VitaMix this stuff up. I want to see what you are seeing. I'm the curious cook ya know. I have to try every new technique I come across.Terry Sent from my iPadHDOn Jul 17, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Terry,I've come to the conclusion that it is easier to just add coconut oil to whatever coconut flakes I am using - enough to get it to blend (circulate) freely through the blades. Since it is the coconut oil I'm after, it doesn't matter if I get too much (within reason).I first just ate it off of a spoon for dessert after a meal, then I started making "coconut bits" (pouring some in mini muffin tins and hardening them in the fridge) as an easier way to grab a portion of coconut butter. With the spoon in the jar method I was eating too much as I have little self control :-)Recipes for different flavors of coconut bits are in the Links archives.

On Jul 17, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Terry Pogue wrote:

Terry

 Sent from my iPadHD