RemedySpot.com

Re: Vitamix wins exclusive contract with Costco

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I guess this must be going forward, because I have 2 costco stores by me and one was showing the vitamix and the other the blendtecSent from my iPhoneOn May 1, 2012, at 3:37 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

FYI - Vitamix will be the only blender demonstrated in Costco stores. There was a conference call about it last Thursday, but I missed the call because my cell phone got wet at my show, and hadn't dried out yet. I only got this information from my boss after the fact so didn't get to hear the details.Both companies have been in negotiations with Costco to be the exclusive "high powered blender" for over a year. Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

=

Guest guest

Yes I am sure this is true. I missed the conference call, and I am sure there will be a cut off date for Blendtec. There had to be shows that were already scheduled on the books that had to be completed.I'll have to ask my boss what the cut off date will be…Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 1, 2012, at 9:13 AM, Mimi wrote:

I guess this must be going forward, because I have 2 costco stores by me and one was showing the vitamix and the other the blendtecSent from my iPhoneOn May 1, 2012, at 3:37 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

FYI - Vitamix will be the only blender demonstrated in Costco stores. There was a conference call about it last Thursday, but I missed the call because my cell phone got wet at my show, and hadn't dried out yet. I only got this information from my boss after the fact so didn't get to hear the details.Both companies have been in negotiations with Costco to be the exclusive "high powered blender" for over a year. Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

=

Guest guest

This may be great for Vitamix, but I don't think it's such a great policy. Costco, like anywhere else, should make a variety of products available. To exclude others is considered a monopoly for the other and if I remember correctly, that's not considered a good idea for free enterprise. Vitamix shouldn't be concerned about the competition-- there will always be those who prefer the VM and others who prefer the BT. It should be VM job to make theirs the best without having to strong arm the others out of the way.

Just my opinion.Barb T.  :-)On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Yes I am sure this is true.  I missed the conference call, and I am sure there will be a cut off date for Blendtec.  There had to be shows that were already scheduled on the books that had to be completed.

I'll have to ask my boss what the cut off date will be…Blessings,

Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

FYI - Vitamix will be the only blender demonstrated in Costco stores.  There was a conference call about it last Thursday, but I missed the call because my cell phone got wet at my show, and hadn't dried out yet.  I only got this information from my boss after the fact so didn't get to hear the details.

Both companies have been in negotiations with Costco to be the exclusive " high powered blender " for over a year. 

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

=

-- Barbara

Guest guest

I agree 100%.It just smacks of a " If you can't beat them out in the open, do it under the table " type of mentality.On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Barbara <crystll222@...> wrote:

This may be great for Vitamix, but I don't think it's such a great policy. Costco, like anywhere else, should make a variety of products available. To exclude others is considered a monopoly for the other and if I remember correctly, that's not considered a good idea for free enterprise. Vitamix shouldn't be concerned about the competition-- there will always be those who prefer the VM and others who prefer the BT. It should be VM job to make theirs the best without having to strong arm the others out of the way.

Just my opinion.Barb T.  :-)

Guest guest

I agree. I never worried at all that Blendtec was there - I feel 100% confident that Vitamix is the best machine (I would not be a good demonstrator if I didn't 100% believe in my product), but I also tell people that ONLY Vitamix and Blendtec are in the same category.I tell people that "regular" blenders are like weed eaters, the Ninja and the Magic Bullet are like lawn mowers, and the Blendtec and the Vitamix are like tractors.Sure there is a commercial waring and some other high powered blenders out there that are somewhat comparable, but for all intents and purposes, the Blendtec and the Vitamix are the only well known power blenders. They are simply in a category of their own.By the way - we did not strong arm Blendtec out of the way. It was a business decision that Costco made.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 1, 2012, at 11:35 AM, Barbara wrote:

Just my opinion.Barb T. :-)On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Yes I am sure this is true. I missed the conference call, and I am sure there will be a cut off date for Blendtec. There had to be shows that were already scheduled on the books that had to be completed.

FYI - Vitamix will be the only blender demonstrated in Costco stores. There was a conference call about it last Thursday, but I missed the call because my cell phone got wet at my show, and hadn't dried out yet. I only got this information from my boss after the fact so didn't get to hear the details.

Both companies have been in negotiations with Costco to be the exclusive "high powered blender" for over a year.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

=

-- Barbara

Guest guest

I'm sure it was a business decision that Costco made, it's their store, they're the ones that have to make a decision like that. However, someone  had to have been negotiating w/ them over this. I don't think they would have decided all by themselves to cut out BlendTec if there wasn't someone putting that option on the table. Maybe it was internal and within Costco, and  had nothing to do w/ Vitamix, but it's still not a good policy. Of course, good for Vitamix if they had nothing to do w/ " helping " to make this decision.  Costco should know better though.....

Barb T.  :-)On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

I agree.  I never worried at all that Blendtec was there - I feel 100% confident that Vitamix is the best machine (I would not be a good demonstrator if I didn't 100% believe in my product), but I also tell people that ONLY Vitamix and Blendtec are in the same category.

I tell people that " regular " blenders are like weed eaters, the Ninja and the Magic Bullet are like lawn mowers, and the Blendtec and the Vitamix are like tractors.Sure there is a commercial waring and some other high powered blenders out there that are somewhat comparable, but for all intents and purposes, the Blendtec and the Vitamix are the only well known power blenders.  They are simply in a category of their own.

By the way - we did not strong arm Blendtec out of the way.  It was a business decision that Costco made.

On May 1, 2012, at 11:35 AM, Barbara wrote:

Just my opinion.Barb T.  :-)On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Yes I am sure this is true.  I missed the conference call, and I am sure there will be a cut off date for Blendtec.  There had to be shows that were already scheduled on the books that had to be completed.

FYI - Vitamix will be the only blender demonstrated in Costco stores.  There was a conference call about it last Thursday, but I missed the call because my cell phone got wet at my show, and hadn't dried out yet.  I only got this information from my boss after the fact so didn't get to hear the details.

Both companies have been in negotiations with Costco to be the exclusive " high powered blender " for over a year. 

=

-- Barbara

-- Barbara

Guest guest

I never cared for the Blendtec rep that was in our store. VERY dishonest. Badmouthing the competetion etc.

Vitamix reps were like their machines. A higher quality.

Tony

Guest guest

But that's not the point.......On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:23 PM, <tszpara@...> wrote:

I never cared for the Blendtec rep that was in our store.  VERY dishonest.  Badmouthing the competetion etc.

Vitamix reps were like their machines.  A higher quality.

Tony

-- Barbara

Guest guest

Bravo Costco. That is where I got mine (ordered it online and got

the dry and wet 32 oz and the 64 oz plus a stainless steel saucepan

as a gift, along with all the books and the base VM itself). It is

because good people like Lea Ann gave such a good impression I am

sure.

Velda

On 5/1/2012 3:37 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

FYI - Vitamix will be the only blender demonstrated in Costco

stores. There was a conference call about it last Thursday, but I

missed the call because my cell phone got wet at my show, and

hadn't dried out yet. I only got this information from my boss

after the fact so didn't get to hear the details.

Both companies have been in negotiations with Costco to be

the exclusive "high powered blender" for over a year.

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com

(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)

<:)))><