RemedySpot.com

Amount of ingredients

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,I am an new member of this group and was thrilled to have found it.

I have had my machine for a few days ( yes, QVC <g>) and have been having a great time with it.

I,too, wish I had done so years ago...

We have mostly had successes with what we have tried. Yea!

I have one, pretty simplistic question....

Is their a minimum amount of ingredients that can be processed at one time?

I wanted to cut down the size of a recipe but wasn't sure if this would negatively affect the performance.

Any guidelines appreciated..

Sally R

Guest guest

Hello Sally, In my experience thin liquids (like salad dressings, smoothies, etc.) can be processed at one cup or even as little as 3/4 cup. 1/2 cup is pushing it. One cup of liquid "just" covers the blades. However, thick things like hummus, nut butter, ice creams and thick batters are harder at the smaller quantities because air pockets form preventing easy blending.This is why ice creams are best made at the 4 cup line (to get the 4 "perfect" mounds) and nut butters in the 3 to 4 cup range.Air pockets in thick mixes wouldn't form as easily at the lower variable speeds, but with the 5200 machine, there is no fan to cool the motor on the lower variable speeds so now we are back to needing to process on high (which forms air pockets).So the trick to guestimating how little you can make is to take the consistency of your ingredients into account / along with the speed.I hope that this makes sense :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 9, 2012, at 2:35 PM, Sally R wrote:

Hi,I am an new member of this group and was thrilled to have found it.

I have had my machine for a few days ( yes, QVC <g>) and have been having a great time with it.

I,too, wish I had done so years ago...

We have mostly had successes with what we have tried. Yea!

I have one, pretty simplistic question....

Is their a minimum amount of ingredients that can be processed at one time?

I wanted to cut down the size of a recipe but wasn't sure if this would negatively affect the performance.

Any guidelines appreciated..

Sally R