RemedySpot.com

Re: Blender Lemon Curd From Deb Murray

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh I must try this - thank you. I have a blender that heats just to make

curd/sauces. Been wanting to try on in the VM! Thank you!

>

>

>

> ok this not necessarily a HEALTHY item..

> but OH MY is it GOOD

> for those that love Lemon Curd.. super easy

>

>

>

> Blender Lemon Curd

> From Deb Murray

>

> ¾ cup fresh lemon juice

> 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest

> ¾ cup sugar

> 3 eggs

> ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed

> Put all ingredients in blender jar of commercial blender (like VitaMix)

> with lid and blend for 4 to 5 minutes on high until cooked.

>

Guest guest

Wow, , you outdid yourself with this one!  Who knew you could find a recipe for the VM that’s this easy!  The easiest recipe I had is for the crockpot from a gal who used to live England.  Thank you for this…I suppose it won’t be so sinful if we have half a teaspoon a month! J Hugs, Marsha From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of mariadnocaSent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 12:53 PM Subject: Re: Blender Lemon Curd From Deb Murray Oh I must try this - thank you. I have a blender that heats just to make curd/sauces. Been wanting to try on in the VM! Thank you!>> > > ok this not necessarily a HEALTHY item..> but OH MY is it GOOD> for those that love Lemon Curd.. super easy> > > > Blender Lemon Curd> From Deb Murray> > ¾ cup fresh lemon juice> 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest> ¾ cup sugar> 3 eggs> ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed> Put all ingredients in blender jar of commercial blender (like VitaMix)> with lid and blend for 4 to 5 minutes on high until cooked.>

Guest guest

Sorry for the mixup for me crediting this to !  Thank you, Crenita2 for this!!! Blessings and Hugs, Marsha From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of crenita2Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 12:45 PM Subject: Blender Lemon Curd From Deb Murray ok this not necessarily a HEALTHY item.. but OH MY is it GOOD for those that love Lemon Curd.. super easyBlender Lemon Curd From Deb Murray¾ cup fresh lemon juice1 tablespoon grated lemon zest¾ cup sugar3 eggs½ cup unsalted butter, cubedPut all ingredients in blender jar of commercial blender (like VitaMix) with lid and blend for 4 to 5 minutes on high until cooked.

Guest guest

Could the amounts be put in in plain text? If you note below there are

symbols instead of numbers.

(This list, because it allows attachments, will create havoc between mail

programs at times. It sees some html as an attachment and goes wonky!)

Thanks for the help, it sounds wonderful!

W

> ¾ cup fresh lemon juice

> 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest

> ¾ cup sugar

> 3 eggs

> ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed

> Put all ingredients in blender jar of commercial blender (like VitaMix)

> with lid and blend for 4 to 5 minutes on high until cooked.

Guest guest

I've made both lemon and orange curd in the Vitamix. There are picture hereHttp://www.flicker.com/terrypogue Sent from my iPadHDOn May 9, 2012, at 12:44 PM, "crenita2" <crenita@...> wrote:

ok this not necessarily a HEALTHY item.. but OH MY is it GOOD for those that love Lemon Curd.. super easyBlender Lemon Curd From Deb Murray¾ cup fresh lemon juice1 tablespoon grated lemon zest¾ cup sugar3 eggs½ cup unsalted butter, cubedPut all ingredients in blender jar of commercial blender (like VitaMix) with lid and blend for 4 to 5 minutes on high until cooked.

Guest guest

Here'e what you do with lemon curd, and you'll love it:

First....you want a pie shell--store-bought or home made--the bottom crust

only--and when you bake it, by itself, you need to put a layer of foil and some

weights--they sell fancy pie weights in places like -Sonoma but hey, do

what smart chefs do---use dry kidney beans. This keeps the shell from bubbling

and cracking without the weight of pie filling in it, but you want it unfilled

because the lemon curd doesn't need cooking that way.

SO...now you have a pie shell, so how do you keep it crispy/flakey when you add

the lemon curd to it? Simple: Take some marmalade or peach or apricot preserves

and a shot of brandy or Grand Marnier and melt them together in a small pan on

your stove, then use a pastry or paint brush and paint a coating of the mix onto

the baked empty shell and let it dry/harden. It makes a tasty seal to the shell

to keep it from getting soggy.

NOW...put in the Lemon Curd, swirling it attractively on top...and now get

BLUEBERRIES, wash them, and " pave " the top with blueberries, dust it all with

some powdered sugar....and you have the most amazingly delicious lemon-blueberry

tart to serve at your next summer picnic.

I used to make this to take to the Hollywood Bowl for concerts. It's a wonderful

dessert. Enjoy!

>

> Long time lurker. What do you do with lemon curd?

>

Guest guest

Terry do you just chg the ingredient to orange .. and use the same meaurements

????

the ORANGE looks Amazing !!!!!!!!!

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ok this not necessarily a HEALTHY item..

> > but OH MY is it GOOD

> > for those that love Lemon Curd.. super easy

> >

> >

> >

> > Blender Lemon Curd

> > From Deb Murray

> >

> > ¾ cup fresh lemon juice

> > 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest

> > ¾ cup sugar

> > 3 eggs

> > ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed

> > Put all ingredients in blender jar of commercial blender (like VitaMix) with

lid and blend for 4 to 5 minutes on high until cooked.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

OK you guys - unless I try to make this with Stevia - I can't have any of this Lemon Curd business, and you're making me drool… (wink ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 9, 2012, at 7:25 PM, Leanne Spiller wrote:

My favorite lemon recipe is 1/2 lemon curd folded with 1/2 whipped cream and rolled into crepes. Leanne

Guest guest

I don't do sugar either, so I sub xylitol and stevia in my baked goods etc. I wonder how much the xylitol would affect the consistency?? I might just have to try it and let you know.

From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:29 PMSubject: Re: Blender Lemon Curd From Deb Murray

OK you guys - unless I try to make this with Stevia - I can't have any of this Lemon Curd business, and you're making me drool… (wink ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 9, 2012, at 7:25 PM, Leanne Spiller wrote:

My favorite lemon recipe is 1/2 lemon curd folded with 1/2 whipped cream and rolled into crepes. Leanne

Guest guest

I suppose you could try, but you'd get a different texture and to me the smooth mouth feel of the curd adds to the yummy factor. This is the recipe I've been using to make my curd http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/lemon_curd.aspx with meyer lemons off my tree (I haven't tried the VM but I do make it in another blender thingy I have that includes heat). The zest really adds to the taste IMHO. I want to try making it with limes too., besides a tart/pie curd is great on biscuits/toast, as a filling for cake, added to strawberry short cake, use in a parfait, top pancakes/french toast w/berries, fill crepes, on pavlovas, swirl in yogurt... pairs well with blueberries. Makes a great gift. However, I often cannot keep myself from eating right out of the jar with a spoon!>> I wonder if you could zest the lemon, peel off the white pith and use the> whole lemon instead of juicing?> > Leanne>