RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes, I use the Rumfort BP and get it at Whole Foods - aluminum free! I should make my own, too, I suppose.Ginny From: <berrywell@...> Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2012 1:59 PM Subject: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.

I agree with Lea Ann-anyone wanting a "healthier" recipe will not want to use canola oil (it is genetically modified) Coconut oil actually works BETTER than canola oil anyway, since it is more like a shortening. You can pulse chunks of coconut oil into your flour blend by "pulsing" it in the Vitamix (flipping the switch on high, then quickly off again, using half of your flour mixture, which "cuts" in the shortening-then blend it in with the rest of your flour blend (you can put the "cut" flour in a baggie, then add the rest and give it all a good shake. You will also want to avoid commercial baking powder that contains aluminum (I make my own baking powder, but I think Rumford brand is aluminum free) I make my mixes gluten free, but you can use soft white winter wheat berries for the right consistency. If you want a more intense wheat flavor, add some hard red winter wheat (you can grind any type of wheat berry into flour in the Vitamix)

>

> I looking for some healthy substitutes ..

>

> One is a Healthy version of a Biquick like mix..

> I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to make but in a more healthy way..

>

> 2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want to begin to make my own vs using that canned stuff.in some recipes

> that suggest it.

>

> Any suggestions for either would be appreciated..

>

Guest guest

, what goes in your baking powder recipe, the aluminum free is

hard to find.

Thanks

Velda

On 5/5/2012 1:59 PM, wrote:

> I agree with Lea Ann-anyone wanting a " healthier " recipe will not want to use

canola oil (it is genetically modified) Coconut oil actually works BETTER than

canola oil anyway, since it is more like a shortening. You can pulse chunks of

coconut oil into your flour blend by " pulsing " it in the Vitamix (flipping the

switch on high, then quickly off again, using half of your flour mixture, which

" cuts " in the shortening-then blend it in with the rest of your flour blend (you

can put the " cut " flour in a baggie, then add the rest and give it all a good

shake. You will also want to avoid commercial baking powder that contains

aluminum (I make my own baking powder, but I think Rumford brand is aluminum

free) I make my mixes gluten free, but you can use soft white winter wheat

berries for the right consistency. If you want a more intense wheat flavor, add

some hard red winter wheat (you can grind any type of wheat berry into flour in

the Vitamix)

>

>

>

>

>>

>> I looking for some healthy substitutes ..

>>

>> One is a Healthy version of a Biquick like mix..

>> I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to

make but in a more healthy way..

>>

>> 2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want

to begin to make my own vs using that canned stuff.in some recipes

>> that suggest it.

>>

>> Any suggestions for either would be appreciated..

>>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Guest guest

It is easy-just two parts baking soda to one part cream of tartar (I use

McCormicks in the glass bottle) I just put it in a mason jar and give it a good

shake. If you plan to keep it on hand for a long time, you can add one part of

cornstarch or tapioca starch to keep it from clumping, but I find if it will be

used within a month or so, it doesn't need the starch. In the summer when it is

more humid, I add a little, but usually not.

Sent from my iPad

On May 7, 2012, at 7:36 PM, Velda <solomon@...> wrote:

> , what goes in your baking powder recipe, the aluminum free is

> hard to find.

> Thanks

> Velda

>

>

Guest guest

You may want to look into using the coconut oil with caution. A

Homeopath friend told us that it is very dangerous after it has been

heated. (I LOVE the taste of coconut oil, but only use it raw now.)

I've not researched it further. TBH, I am struggling with knowing what

oils are safe to use anymore. I do add whole flax and chia seeds to

almost every shake/smoothie (the VM liquifies them completely) and I add

the milled seeds to almost every bread type item just to get omegas.

On 5/7/2012 7:36 PM, Velda wrote:

> , what goes in your baking powder recipe, the aluminum free is

> hard to find.

> Thanks

> Velda

>

> On 5/5/2012 1:59 PM, wrote:

>> I agree with Lea Ann-anyone wanting a " healthier " recipe will not want to use

canola oil (it is genetically modified) Coconut oil actually works BETTER than

canola oil anyway, since it is more like a shortening. You can pulse chunks of

coconut oil into your flour blend by " pulsing " it in the Vitamix (flipping the

switch on high, then quickly off again, using half of your flour mixture, which

" cuts " in the shortening-then blend it in with the rest of your flour blend (you

can put the " cut " flour in a baggie, then add the rest and give it all a good

shake. You will also want to avoid commercial baking powder that contains

aluminum (I make my own baking powder, but I think Rumford brand is aluminum

free) I make my mixes gluten free, but you can use soft white winter wheat

berries for the right consistency. If you want a more intense wheat flavor, add

some hard red winter wheat (you can grind any type of wheat berry into flour in

the Vitamix)

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>>

>>> I looking for some healthy substitutes ..

>>>

>>> One is a Healthy version of a Biquick like mix..

>>> I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to

>>>

>>> 2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want

>>> that suggest it.

>>>

>>> Any suggestions for either would be appreciated..

>>>

>>

>>

>> ------------------------------------

>>

>> Please bookmark these pages:

>>

>> /links/

>> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers,

Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added

to)

>>

>>

>> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

Guest guest

I just googled " Is coconut oil dangerous when heated " and all the links

that I glanced at seemed to indicate it is safe for cooking, except at

very high heat. But let us know if you find anything different.

Velda

On 5/7/2012 4:43 PM, wrote:

> You may want to look into using the coconut oil with caution. A

> Homeopath friend told us that it is very dangerous after it has been

> heated. (I LOVE the taste of coconut oil, but only use it raw now.)

> I've not researched it further. TBH, I am struggling with knowing what

> oils are safe to use anymore. I do add whole flax and chia seeds to

> almost every shake/smoothie (the VM liquifies them completely) and I add

> the milled seeds to almost every bread type item just to get omegas.

>

>

> On 5/7/2012 7:36 PM, Velda wrote:

>> , what goes in your baking powder recipe, the aluminum free is

>> hard to find.

>> Thanks

>> Velda

>>

>> On 5/5/2012 1:59 PM, wrote:

>>> I agree with Lea Ann-anyone wanting a " healthier " recipe will not want to

use canola oil (it is genetically modified) Coconut oil actually works BETTER

than canola oil anyway, since it is more like a shortening. You can pulse

chunks of coconut oil into your flour blend by " pulsing " it in the Vitamix

(flipping the switch on high, then quickly off again, using half of your flour

mixture, which " cuts " in the shortening-then blend it in with the rest of your

flour blend (you can put the " cut " flour in a baggie, then add the rest and give

it all a good shake. You will also want to avoid commercial baking powder that

contains aluminum (I make my own baking powder, but I think Rumford brand is

aluminum free) I make my mixes gluten free, but you can use soft white winter

wheat berries for the right consistency. If you want a more intense wheat

flavor, add some hard red winter wheat (you can grind any type of wheat berry

into flour in the Vitamix)

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>>

>>>> I looking for some healthy substitutes ..

>>>>

>>>> One is a Healthy version of a Biquick like mix..

>>>> I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to

>>>>

>>>> 2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want

>>>> that suggest it.

>>>>

>>>> Any suggestions for either would be appreciated..

>>>>

>>>

>>> ------------------------------------

>>>

>>> Please bookmark these pages:

>>>

>>> /links/

>>> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers,

Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added

to)

>>>

>>>

>>> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

Guest guest

Actually coconut oil is probably one of the safest oils to use for heating or frying along with butterand to some degree olive oil.Never use any oil sitting on grocery store shelves except the cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Keep away from all margarine even if it says "non hydrogenated" including becel andshortenings.I would rather eat a pound of butter than a teaspoon of margarine.(butter is a natural fat )Coconut, butter,olive and hempseed oil are the only ones our family uses. Get yourself a copy ofFats that heal, Fats that kill by Udo Erasmus Essential Fatty Acids, > Articles by Udo Erasmus > Fats, Oils, EFA's, Nutrition, Health, Omega3...!!

This is an excellent book and probably the best book for health information - because with the wrong oils we would neverbe healthy.Dennis> > CC: solomon@...> From: areed77@...> Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 19:43:18 -0400> Subject: Re: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.> > You may want to look into using the coconut oil with caution. A > Homeopath friend told us that it is very dangerous after it has been > heated. (I LOVE the taste of coconut oil, but only use it raw now.) > I've not researched it further. TBH, I am struggling with knowing what > oils are safe to use anymore. I do add whole flax and chia seeds to > almost every shake/smoothie (the VM liquifies them completely) and I add > the milled seeds to almost every bread type item just to get omegas.> > > On 5/7/2012 7:36 PM, Velda wrote:> > , what goes in your baking powder recipe, the aluminum free is> > hard to find.> > Thanks> > Velda> >> > On 5/5/2012 1:59 PM, wrote:> >> I agree with Lea Ann-anyone wanting a "healthier" recipe will not want to use canola oil (it is genetically modified) Coconut oil actually works BETTER than canola oil anyway, since it is more like a shortening. You can pulse chunks of coconut oil into your flour blend by "pulsing" it in the Vitamix (flipping the switch on high, then quickly off again, using half of your flour mixture, which "cuts" in the shortening-then blend it in with the rest of your flour blend (you can put the "cut" flour in a baggie, then add the rest and give it all a good shake. You will also want to avoid commercial baking powder that contains aluminum (I make my own baking powder, but I think Rumford brand is aluminum free) I make my mixes gluten free, but you can use soft white winter wheat berries for the right consistency. If you want a more intense wheat flavor, add some hard red winter wheat (you can grind any type of wheat berry into flour in the Vitamix)> >>> >> > >>> >> > >>>> >>> I looking for some healthy substitutes ..> >>>> >>> One is a Healthy version of a Biquick like mix..> >>> I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to make but in a more healthy way..> >>>> >>> 2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want to begin to make my own vs using that canned stuff.in some recipes> >>> that suggest it.> >>>> >>> Any suggestions for either would be appreciated..> >>>> >>> >>> >> ------------------------------------> >>> >> Please bookmark these pages:> >>> >> /links/> >> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> >>> >> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> >> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Where do you get the hempseed oil and coconut oil if not from the grocery store? I can understand butter as some are lucky enough to have their own cow, but where do you suggest we buy these things from?Sent from my iPadOn May 7, 2012, at 19:22, <dgulenchin@...> wrote:

Actually coconut oil is probably one of the safest oils to use for heating or frying along with butterand to some degree olive oil.Never use any oil sitting on grocery store shelves except the cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Keep away from all margarine even if it says "non hydrogenated" including becel andshortenings.I would rather eat a pound of butter than a teaspoon of margarine.(butter is a natural fat )Coconut, butter,olive and hempseed oil are the only ones our family uses. Get yourself a copy ofFats that heal, Fats that kill by Udo Erasmus Essential Fatty Acids, > Articles by Udo Erasmus > Fats, Oils, EFA's, Nutrition, Health, Omega3...!!

This is an excellent book and probably the best book for health information - because with the wrong oils we would neverbe healthy.Dennis> > CC: solomon@...> From: areed77@...> Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 19:43:18 -0400> Subject: Re: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.> > You may want to look into using the coconut oil with caution. A > Homeopath friend told us that it is very dangerous after it has been > heated. (I LOVE the taste of coconut oil, but only use it raw now.) > I've not researched it further. TBH, I am struggling with knowing what > oils are safe to use anymore. I do add whole flax and chia seeds to > almost every shake/smoothie (the VM liquifies them completely) and I add > the milled seeds to almost every bread type item just to get omegas.> > > On 5/7/2012 7:36 PM, Velda wrote:> > , what goes in your baking powder recipe, the aluminum free is> > hard to find.> > Thanks> > Velda> >> > On 5/5/2012 1:59 PM, wrote:> >> I agree with Lea Ann-anyone wanting a "healthier" recipe will not want to use canola oil (it is genetically modified) Coconut oil actually works BETTER than canola oil anyway, since it is more like a shortening. You can pulse chunks of coconut oil into your flour blend by "pulsing" it in the Vitamix (flipping the switch on high, then quickly off again, using half of your flour mixture, which "cuts" in the shortening-then blend it in with the rest of your flour blend (you can put the "cut" flour in a baggie, then add the rest and give it all a good shake. You will also want to avoid commercial baking powder that contains aluminum (I make my own baking powder, but I think Rumford brand is aluminum free) I make my mixes gluten free, but you can use soft white winter wheat berries for the right consistency. If you want a more intense wheat flavor, add some hard red winter wheat (you can grind any type of wheat berry into flour in the Vitamix)> >>> >> > >>> >> > >>>> >>> I looking for some healthy substitutes ..> >>>> >>> One is a Healthy version of a Biquick like mix..> >>> I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to make but in a more healthy way..> >>>> >>> 2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want to begin to make my own vs using that canned stuff.in some recipes> >>> that suggest it.> >>>> >>> Any suggestions for either would be appreciated..> >>>> >>> >>> >> ------------------------------------> >>> >> Please bookmark these pages:> >>> >> /links/> >> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> >>> >> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> >> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

there is a lot of information on the web and it doesn't mean it is all correct.  As you see with these two posts people have a different prospective on the same subject.  Do a little looking around yourself to see if what others are proposing is in your best interest.  Personally I limit all oils especially those high in saturated and trans fats. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of EnglandSent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:45 AM Subject: Re: Re: Looking for 2 recipes. I'm sorry, I don't understand. Where do you get the hempseed oil and coconut oil if not from the grocery store? I can understand butter as some are lucky enough to have their own cow, but where do you suggest we buy these things from?Sent from my iPadOn May 7, 2012, at 19:22, <dgulenchin@...> wrote: Actually coconut oil is probably one of the safest oils to use for heating or frying along with butterand to some degree olive oil.Never use any oil sitting on grocery store shelves except the cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Keep away from all margarine even if it says " non hydrogenated " including becel andshortenings.I would rather eat a pound of butter than a teaspoon of margarine.(butter is a natural fat )Coconut, butter,olive and hempseed oil are the only ones our family uses. Get yourself a copy ofFats that heal, Fats that kill by Udo Erasmus Essential Fatty Acids, > Articles by Udo Erasmus > Fats, Oils, EFA's, Nutrition, Health, Omega3...!! This is an excellent book and probably the best book for health information - because with the wrong oils we would neverbe healthy.Dennis> > CC: solomon@...> From: areed77@...> Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 19:43:18 -0400> Subject: Re: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.> > You may want to look into using the coconut oil with caution. A > Homeopath friend told us that it is very dangerous after it has been > heated. (I LOVE the taste of coconut oil, but only use it raw now.) > I've not researched it further. TBH, I am struggling with knowing what > oils are safe to use anymore. I do add whole flax and chia seeds to > almost every shake/smoothie (the VM liquifies them completely) and I add > the milled seeds to almost every bread type item just to get omegas.> > > On 5/7/2012 7:36 PM, Velda wrote:> > , what goes in your baking powder recipe, the aluminum free is> > hard to find.> > Thanks> > Velda> >> > On 5/5/2012 1:59 PM, wrote:> >> I agree with Lea Ann-anyone wanting a " healthier " recipe will not want to use canola oil (it is genetically modified) Coconut oil actually works BETTER than canola oil anyway, since it is more like a shortening. You can pulse chunks of coconut oil into your flour blend by " pulsing " it in the Vitamix (flipping the switch on high, then quickly off again, using half of your flour mixture, which " cuts " in the shortening-then blend it in with the rest of your flour blend (you can put the " cut " flour in a baggie, then add the rest and give it all a good shake. You will also want to avoid commercial baking powder that contains aluminum (I make my own baking powder, but I think Rumford brand is aluminum free) I make my mixes gluten free, but you can use soft white winter wheat berries for the right consistency. If you want a more intense wheat flavor, add some hard red winter wheat (you can grind any type of wheat berry into flour in the Vitamix)> >>> >> > >>> >> > >>>> >>> I looking for some healthy substitutes ..> >>>> >>> One is a Healthy version of a Biquick like mix..> >>> I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to make but in a more healthy way..> >>>> >>> 2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want to begin to make my own vs using that canned stuff.in some recipes> >>> that suggest it.> >>>> >>> Any suggestions for either would be appreciated..> >>>> >>> >>> >> ------------------------------------> >>> >> Please bookmark these pages:> >>> >> /links/> >> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> >>> >> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> >> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

I buy my hemp seed oil 4 gallons at a time from a hemp seed processor Hemp Oil Canada Inc.

It is cold pressed and containers sealed with nitrogen and kept in coolers. I keep it frozen and this will lastme approximately six to eight months. The extra virgin coconut oil - I buy from a health food store. I do not buy any oil from a grocery store except occasionally a bottle of cold pressed-EV olive oil and butter as I don't have accessto buy direct from a farmer.When we were in L-Vegas I saw the hemp seed oil from Canada at a Whole Foods store so I would think any Whole foods store may have it.Dennis From: deaconsabbey@...Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 07:45:20 -0500Subject: Re: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Where do you get the hempseed oil and coconut oil if not from the grocery store? I can understand butter as some are lucky enough to have their own cow, but where do you suggest we buy these things from?Sent from my iPadOn May 7, 2012, at 19:22, <dgulenchin@...> wrote:

This is an excellent book and probably the best book for health information - because with the wrong oils we would neverbe healthy.Dennis> > CC: solomon@...> From: areed77@...> Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 19:43:18 -0400> Subject: Re: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.> > You may want to look into using the coconut oil with caution. A > Homeopath friend told us that it is very dangerous after it has been > heated. (I LOVE the taste of coconut oil, but only use it raw now.) > I've not researched it further. TBH, I am struggling with knowing what > oils are safe to use anymore. I do add whole flax and chia seeds to > almost every shake/smoothie (the VM liquifies them completely) and I add > the milled seeds to almost every bread type item just to get omegas.> > > >>> >>> >> ------------------------------------> >>> >> Please bookmark these pages:> >>> >> /links/> >> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> >>> >> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> >> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Tom is right, you have to do your own research - that way you will build up a library of information in your own mind to keep you healthy.Before 1997 I ate anything (all kinds of fast food)- after all this stuff contained all the food groups so it must be healthy according to doctorsand nutritionists.We were told to eat nothing but margarine because it was heart smart. I found out with a heart attack that year that everything we were taught in school and doctors was BS. Being stuck in bed for three months all I did was read everything that was opposite what we were all taughtbecause that knowledge obviously did me no good.I became vegan and only used the oils I mentioned before. Your body cannot function without some saturated fats but cannot process trans fats so some of it gets deposited in arteries. My doctor then wanted me to takeaspirin and a few other prescription pills as a precaution. I refused it all and have not gone back to see a doctor in the last 15 years.Today I'm a vegetarian,juice every morning, working and have never felt better. Can't wait to get my VM so I can get more greensand "RAW" in my diet.Dennis From: pmatus@...Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 16:21:30 -0400Subject: RE: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.

there is a lot of information on the web and it doesn't mean it is all correct. As you see with these two posts people have a different prospective on the same subject. Do a little looking around yourself to see if what others are proposing is in your best interest. Personally I limit all oils especially those high in saturated and trans fats. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of EnglandSent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:45 AM Subject: Re: Re: Looking for 2 recipes. I'm sorry, I don't understand. Where do you get the hempseed oil and coconut oil if not from the grocery store? I can understand butter as some are lucky enough to have their own cow, but where do you suggest we buy these things from?Sent from my iPadOn May 7, 2012, at 19:22, <dgulenchin@...> wrote: Actually coconut oil is probably one of the safest oils to use for heating or frying along with butterand to some degree olive oil.Never use any oil sitting on grocery store shelves except the cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Keep away from all margarine even if it says "non hydrogenated" including becel andshortenings.I would rather eat a pound of butter than a teaspoon of margarine.(butter is a natural fat )Coconut, butter,olive and hempseed oil are the only ones our family uses. Get yourself a copy ofFats that heal, Fats that kill by Udo Erasmus Essential Fatty Acids, > Articles by Udo Erasmus > Fats, Oils, EFA's, Nutrition, Health, Omega3...!! This is an excellent book and probably the best book for health information - because with the wrong oils we would neverbe healthy.Dennis> > CC: solomon@...> From: areed77@...> Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 19:43:18 -0400> Subject: Re: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.> > You may want to look into using the coconut oil with caution. A > Homeopath friend told us that it is very dangerous after it has been > heated. (I LOVE the taste of coconut oil, but only use it raw now.) > I've not researched it further. TBH, I am struggling with knowing what > oils are safe to use anymore. I do add whole flax and chia seeds to > almost every shake/smoothie (the VM liquifies them completely) and I add > the milled seeds to almost every bread type item just to get omegas.> > > On 5/7/2012 7:36 PM, Velda wrote:> > , what goes in your baking powder recipe, the aluminum free is> > hard to find.> > Thanks> > Velda> >> > On 5/5/2012 1:59 PM, wrote:> >> I agree with Lea Ann-anyone wanting a "healthier" recipe will not want to use canola oil (it is genetically modified) Coconut oil actually works BETTER than canola oil anyway, since it is more like a shortening. You can pulse chunks of coconut oil into your flour blend by "pulsing" it in the Vitamix (flipping the switch on high, then quickly off again, using half of your flour mixture, which "cuts" in the shortening-then blend it in with the rest of your flour blend (you can put the "cut" flour in a baggie, then add the rest and give it all a good shake. You will also want to avoid commercial baking powder that contains aluminum (I make my own baking powder, but I think Rumford brand is aluminum free) I make my mixes gluten free, but you can use soft white winter wheat berries for the right consistency. If you want a more intense wheat flavor, add some hard red winter wheat (you can grind any type of wheat berry into flour in the Vitamix)> >>> >> > >>> >> > >>>> >>> I looking for some healthy substitutes ..> >>>> >>> One is a Healthy version of a Biquick like mix..> >>> I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to make but in a more healthy way..> >>>> >>> 2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want to begin to make my own vs using that canned stuff.in some recipes> >>> that suggest it.> >>>> >>> Any suggestions for either would be appreciated..> >>>> >>> >>> >> ------------------------------------> >>> >> Please bookmark these pages:> >>> >> /links/> >> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> >>> >> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> >> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Dennis, you are an inspiration.

Velda

On 5/8/2012 9:10 PM, dgulenchin@... wrote:

Tom is right, you have to do your own research - that way you

will build up a library of information in your own mind to keep

you healthy.

Before 1997 I ate anything (all kinds of fast food)- after all

this stuff contained all the food groups so it must be healthy

according to doctors

and nutritionists.We were told to eat nothing but margarine

because it was heart smart.  I found out with a heart attack

that year that everything we

were taught in school and doctors was BS. Being stuck in bed for

three months all I did was read everything that was opposite

what we were all taught

because that knowledge obviously did me no good.I became vegan

and only used the oils I mentioned before. Your body cannot

function without some

saturated fats but cannot process trans fats so some of

it gets deposited in arteries. My doctor then wanted me to take

aspirin and a few other prescription pills as a precaution. I

refused it all and have not gone back to see a doctor in the

last 15 years.

Today I'm a vegetarian,juice every morning, working and have

never felt better. Can't wait to get my VM so I can get more

greens

and "RAW"  in my diet.

Dennis

Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 16:21:30 -0400

Subject: RE: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.

there is a lot of information on the web and it doesn't

mean it is all correct.  As you see with these two posts

people have a different prospective on the same

subject.  Do a little looking around yourself to see if

what others are proposing is in your best interest. 

Personally I limit all oils especially those high in

saturated and trans fats.

Tom

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of England

Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:45 AM

Subject: Re: Re: Looking

for 2 recipes.

I'm sorry, I don't

understand.  Where do you get the hempseed oil and

coconut oil if not from the grocery store?  I can

understand butter as some are lucky enough to have

their own cow, but where do you suggest we buy

these things from?

Sent from my iPad

On May 7, 2012, at 19:22, <dgulenchin@...>

wrote:

Actually coconut oil is probably one of the

safest oils to use for heating or frying

along with butter

and to some degree olive oil.Never use any

oil sitting on grocery store shelves except

the cold pressed

extra virgin olive oil. Keep away from all

margarine even if it says "non hydrogenated"

including becel and

shortenings.I would rather eat a pound of

butter than a teaspoon of margarine.(butter

is a natural fat )

Coconut, butter,olive

and hempseed oil are the only ones our

family uses. Get yourself a copy of

Fats that heal,

Fats that kill by Udo Erasmus Essential Fatty Acids,

> Articles by Udo Erasmus > Fats,

Oils, EFA's, Nutrition, Health,

Omega3...!!

This is an excellent book and probably the

best book for health information - because

with the wrong oils we would never

be healthy.

Dennis

>

> CC: solomon@...

> From: areed77@...

> Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 19:43:18 -0400

> Subject: Re: Re:

Looking for 2 recipes.

>

> You may want to look into using the

coconut oil with caution. A

> Homeopath friend told us that it is

very dangerous after it has been

> heated. (I LOVE the taste of coconut

oil, but only use it raw now.)

> I've not researched it further. TBH,

I am struggling with knowing what

> oils are safe to use anymore. I do

add whole flax and chia seeds to

> almost every shake/smoothie (the VM

liquifies them completely) and I add

> the milled seeds to almost every

bread type item just to get omegas.

>

>

> On 5/7/2012 7:36 PM, Velda

wrote:

> > , what goes in your baking

powder recipe, the aluminum free is

> > hard to find.

> > Thanks

> > Velda

> >

> > On 5/5/2012 1:59 PM,

wrote:

> >> I agree with Lea Ann-anyone

wanting a "healthier" recipe will not want

to use canola oil (it is genetically

modified) Coconut oil actually works

BETTER than canola oil anyway, since it is

more like a shortening. You can pulse

chunks of coconut oil into your flour

blend by "pulsing" it in the Vitamix

(flipping the switch on high, then quickly

off again, using half of your flour

mixture, which "cuts" in the

shortening-then blend it in with the rest

of your flour blend (you can put the "cut"

flour in a baggie, then add the rest and

give it all a good shake. You will also

want to avoid commercial baking powder

that contains aluminum (I make my own

baking powder, but I think Rumford brand

is aluminum free) I make my mixes gluten

free, but you can use soft white winter

wheat berries for the right consistency.

If you want a more intense wheat flavor,

add some hard red winter wheat (you can

grind any type of wheat berry into flour

in the Vitamix)

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>>

> >>> I looking for some

healthy substitutes ..

> >>>