RemedySpot.com

Re: Looking for 2 recipes.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Biquick is a Monsanto Company which means that Bisquick uses GMOs (genetically modified organism) or genetically modified plants/ corn) would never use any products listed in the attached file.Dennis --------------------------------------------------------------------- From: crenita2 <crenita@...> Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2012 1:28 PM Subject: Looking for 2 recipes.

I looking for some healthy substitutes ..

One is a Healthy version of a Biquick like mix..

I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to make but in a more healthy way..

2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want to begin to make my own vs using that canned stuff.in some recipes

that suggest it.

Any suggestions for either would be appreciated..

Guest guest

Looks like he's looking for an alternative. Maybe a google search, as I've had recipes for cookies that you mix the same ingredients, and then just add whatever you want to make the cookie the type you want (peanut butter, chocolate chips, oatmeal, etc.)Ginny From: Dennis <dilberthtml@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2012 1:38 PM Subject: Re: Looking for 2 recipes.

Biquick is a Monsanto Company which means that Bisquick uses GMOs (genetically modified organism) or genetically modified plants/ corn) would never use any products listed in the attached file.Dennis --------------------------------------------------------------------- From: crenita2

<crenita@...> Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2012 1:28 PM Subject: Looking for 2 recipes.

I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to make but in a more healthy way..

2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want to begin to make my own vs using that canned stuff.in some recipes

that suggest it.

Guest guest

Found this copycat recipe:http://www.food.com/recipe/original-bisquick-baking-mix-copycat-357101About This Recipe"Use as an exact substitute for Original Bisquick Baking Mix in recipes. Original Bisquick does not contain powdered milk. Neither does this copycat recipe. This recipe also uses canola oil as a healthy substitute for solid shortening."Ingredients6 cups all-purpose flour3 tablespoons baking powder2 tablespoons powdered sugar1 1/2 teaspoons table salt3/4 teaspoon baking soda9 tablespoons canola oilDirectionsWhisk dry ingredients together. Mix well.Using an electric mixer, slowly stir in canola oil.Mix until all lumps are gone and mixture is a uniform texture, about 1 minute.Store in an airtight container.I'm not a big fan of canola oil, so would sub coconut oil (though I know that it would turn solid at 76° or less…) Of course, I would also use whole wheat ground fresh in my Vitamix :-) will know if this would work - I know that whole wheat and all-purpose flour have different consistencies. I'm not a baker :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 5, 2012, at 1:28 PM, crenita2 wrote:

that suggest it.

Guest guest

I agree with Lea Ann-anyone wanting a " healthier " recipe will not want to use

canola oil (it is genetically modified) Coconut oil actually works BETTER than

canola oil anyway, since it is more like a shortening. You can pulse chunks of

coconut oil into your flour blend by " pulsing " it in the Vitamix (flipping the

switch on high, then quickly off again, using half of your flour mixture, which

" cuts " in the shortening-then blend it in with the rest of your flour blend (you

can put the " cut " flour in a baggie, then add the rest and give it all a good

shake. You will also want to avoid commercial baking powder that contains

aluminum (I make my own baking powder, but I think Rumford brand is aluminum

free) I make my mixes gluten free, but you can use soft white winter wheat

berries for the right consistency. If you want a more intense wheat flavor, add

some hard red winter wheat (you can grind any type of wheat berry into flour in

the Vitamix)

>

> I looking for some healthy substitutes ..

>

> One is a Healthy version of a Biquick like mix..

> I have several family favorite Impossible Pie recipes that I would like to

make but in a more healthy way..

>

> 2nd Do you have a Mushroom soup recipe that doesn't use nuts ? again I want to

begin to make my own vs using that canned stuff.in some recipes

> that suggest it.

>

> Any suggestions for either would be appreciated..

>

Guest guest

This sounds like I could make it with the appropriate subs... There are just

some family favorites that need Bisquick.. doesnt' seem to come out right

without it.. hehehe...

thanks for your help