RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Spirooli to make raw vegetable noodles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This might sound simple as I know it's intended for raw diets, but how do you use the sweet potato 'noodles'? Or any other veg noodles. Very curious. Trying to branch out in my food styles :)DebbieOn 4 Apr 2012, at 05:06 AM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote:

GREAT price on this deal! I got mine from QVC years ago, made by Fuller Brush, but it is the same product-I paid about 40 for mine. GREAT machine-we use ours often...good fun to turn a sweet potato in to "spagetti". We use it for soft squashes, hard squash, pumpkins, etc-works a charm, works effortlessly-you will be well pleased with it, I am sure!

>

> There is a offer on Groupon right now for a Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable

> Slicer for $ 24 plus shipping for $5, Amazon has it for $39, the regular

> price is $49.88. The Groupon is good for 6 days unless they sell out, since

> they've sold over 1,000 that may happen.

>

> http://www.groupon.com/r/uu2318967 Go to the top tab that says "Goods"

> and scroll down a ways, it's in the right hand column. Yes, I'll get

> credit if you order it from this link but I could really use it being

> unemployed :-)

>

> This seems to be the best tool to make raw noodles out of vegetables. It

> has three different cutting blades that store in the machine itself (like

> that !). I just ordered one and haven't tried it yet but the reviews on

> Amazon are most favorable and I've wanted something like this for a while

> to avoid the carbs from pasta.

>

> Here is a video on the difference between a spiraliser and a Spirooli,

> another name for this machine.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2slQTjjzMaE & feature=related

>

> --

> Jabbara

> Portland, Oregon

>

Guest guest

That is a new brand name to me. I googled it and it's what I have known as a

Potato Threader. Or a Veg Threader. I've used one for a good 20 years. Mine is

Japanese so I can't even read the brand name. <g> I thread potato and wrap the

long threads around fish, usually salmon. I sauté that until the potato is

brown and crisp. At that point the fish is nicely done. I serve this salmon over

spinach. It makes a beautiful plate and quite delicious as well.

Terry

Sent from my iPadHD

On Apr 4, 2012, at 9:33 AM, " " <berrywell@...> wrote:

> I just steam them and toss with a little raw butter (or sunflower oil) fresh

herbs and sea salt,, or if you wan't an interesting breakfast, toss them with a

little raw yogurt and cinnamon-yummy!

>

>

>

>

>

>>>>

>>>> There is a offer on Groupon right now for a Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable

>>>> Slicer for $ 24 plus shipping for $5, Amazon has it for $39, the regular

>>>> price is $49.88. The Groupon is good for 6 days unless they sell out, since

>>>> they've sold over 1,000 that may happen.

>>>>

>>>> http://www.groupon.com/r/uu2318967 Go to the top tab that says " Goods "

>>>> and scroll down a ways, it's in the right hand column. Yes, I'll get

>>>> credit if you order it from this link but I could really use it being

>>>> unemployed :-)

>>>>

>>>> This seems to be the best tool to make raw noodles out of vegetables. It

>>>> has three different cutting blades that store in the machine itself (like

>>>> that !). I just ordered one and haven't tried it yet but the reviews on

>>>> Amazon are most favorable and I've wanted something like this for a while

>>>> to avoid the carbs from pasta.

>>>>

>>>> Here is a video on the difference between a spiraliser and a Spirooli,

>>>> another name for this machine.

>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2slQTjjzMaE & feature=related

>>>>

>>>> --

>>>> Jabbara

>>>> Portland, Oregon

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Guest guest

The things you learn in this group! J   I’ve would have never thought to spirooli the potatos and wrap the strings around fish.  I might try that today with salmon patties.  Marsha From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Terry PogueSent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:50 AM Subject: Re: Re: Spirooli to make raw vegetable noodles That is a new brand name to me. I googled it and it's what I have known as a Potato Threader. Or a Veg Threader. I've used one for a good 20 years. Mine is Japanese so I can't even read the brand name. <g> I thread potato and wrap the long threads around fish, usually salmon. I sauté that until the potato is brown and crisp. At that point the fish is nicely done. I serve this salmon over spinach. It makes a beautiful plate and quite delicious as well.TerrySent from my iPadHDOn Apr 4, 2012, at 9:33 AM, " " <berrywell@...> wrote:> I just steam them and toss with a little raw butter (or sunflower oil) fresh herbs and sea salt,, or if you wan't an interesting breakfast, toss them with a little raw yogurt and cinnamon-yummy!> > > > > >>>> >>>> There is a offer on Groupon right now for a Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable>>>> Slicer for $ 24 plus shipping for $5, Amazon has it for $39, the regular>>>> price is $49.88. The Groupon is good for 6 days unless they sell out, since>>>> they've sold over 1,000 that may happen.>>>> >>>> http://www.groupon.com/r/uu2318967 Go to the top tab that says " Goods " >>>> and scroll down a ways, it's in the right hand column. Yes, I'll get>>>> credit if you order it from this link but I could really use it being>>>> unemployed :-)>>>> >>>> This seems to be the best tool to make raw noodles out of vegetables. It>>>> has three different cutting blades that store in the machine itself (like>>>> that !). I just ordered one and haven't tried it yet but the reviews on>>>> Amazon are most favorable and I've wanted something like this for a while>>>> to avoid the carbs from pasta.>>>> >>>> Here is a video on the difference between a spiraliser and a Spirooli,>>>> another name for this machine.>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2slQTjjzMaE & feature=related>>>> >>>> -- >>>> Jabbara>>>> Portland, Oregon>>>> >>> >>> >> > > > > > ------------------------------------> > Please bookmark these pages:> > /links/ > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Keep your heat on a medium to give the heat enough time it get into the fish without burning your potato, it's a nice dish I hope you enjoy it. You can wrap lots of things. That's the beauty part. <g>Terry Sent from my iPadHDOn Apr 4, 2012, at 11:15 AM, "Marsha" <werus@...> wrote:

The things you learn in this group! J I’ve would have never thought to spirooli the potatos and wrap the strings around fish. I might try that today with salmon patties. Marsha From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Terry PogueSent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:50 AM Subject: Re: Re: Spirooli to make raw vegetable noodles That is a new brand name to me. I googled it and it's what I have known as a Potato Threader. Or a Veg Threader. I've used one for a good 20 years. Mine is Japanese so I can't even read the brand name. <g> I thread potato and wrap the long threads around fish, usually salmon. I sauté that until the potato is brown and crisp. At that point the fish is nicely done. I serve this salmon over spinach. It makes a beautiful plate and quite delicious as well.TerrySent from my iPadHDOn Apr 4, 2012, at 9:33 AM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote:> I just steam them and toss with a little raw butter (or sunflower oil) fresh herbs and sea salt,, or if you wan't an interesting breakfast, toss them with a little raw yogurt and cinnamon-yummy!> > > > > >>>> >>>> There is a offer on Groupon right now for a Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable>>>> Slicer for $ 24 plus shipping for $5, Amazon has it for $39, the regular>>>> price is $49.88. The Groupon is good for 6 days unless they sell out, since>>>> they've sold over 1,000 that may happen.>>>> >>>> http://www.groupon.com/r/uu2318967 Go to the top tab that says "Goods">>>> and scroll down a ways, it's in the right hand column. Yes, I'll get>>>> credit if you order it from this link but I could really use it being>>>> unemployed :-)>>>> >>>> This seems to be the best tool to make raw noodles out of vegetables. It>>>> has three different cutting blades that store in the machine itself (like>>>> that !). I just ordered one and haven't tried it yet but the reviews on>>>> Amazon are most favorable and I've wanted something like this for a while>>>> to avoid the carbs from pasta.>>>> >>>> Here is a video on the difference between a spiraliser and a Spirooli,>>>> another name for this machine.>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2slQTjjzMaE & feature=related>>>> >>>> -- >>>> Jabbara>>>> Portland, Oregon>>>> >>> >>> >> > > > > > ------------------------------------> > Please bookmark these pages:> > /links/ > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Here's a recipe for the fish with the potato spirals.Ginnyhttp://www.gourmetsleuth.com/Articles/Unique-Cooking-Tools-641/potato-threader-upright.aspx From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:50

AM Subject: Re: Re: Spirooli to make raw vegetable noodles

That is a new brand name to me. I googled it and it's what I have known as a Potato Threader. Or a Veg Threader. I've used one for a good 20 years. Mine is Japanese so I can't even read the brand name. <g> I thread potato and wrap the long threads around fish, usually salmon. I sauté that until the potato is brown and crisp. At that point the fish is nicely done. I serve this salmon over spinach. It makes a beautiful plate and quite delicious as well.

Terry

Sent from my iPadHD

On Apr 4, 2012, at 9:33 AM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote:

> I just steam them and toss with a little raw butter (or sunflower oil) fresh herbs and sea salt,, or if you wan't an interesting breakfast, toss them with a little raw yogurt and cinnamon-yummy!

>

>

>

>

>

>>>>

>>>> price is $49.88. The Groupon is good for 6 days unless they sell out, since

>>>>

>>>> http://www.groupon.com/r/uu2318967 Go to the top tab that says "Goods"

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> --

>>>> Jabbara

>>>> Portland, Oregon

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

I'm drooling already :)On 4 Apr 2012, at 02:33 PM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote:

I just steam them and toss with a little raw butter (or sunflower oil) fresh herbs and sea salt,, or if you wan't an interesting breakfast, toss them with a little raw yogurt and cinnamon-yummy!

> > >

> > > There is a offer on Groupon right now for a Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable

> > > Slicer for $ 24 plus shipping for $5, Amazon has it for $39, the regular

> > > price is $49.88. The Groupon is good for 6 days unless they sell out, since

> > > they've sold over 1,000 that may happen.

> > >

> > > http://www.groupon.com/r/uu2318967 Go to the top tab that says "Goods"

> > > and scroll down a ways, it's in the right hand column. Yes, I'll get

> > > credit if you order it from this link but I could really use it being

> > > unemployed :-)

> > >

> > > This seems to be the best tool to make raw noodles out of vegetables. It

> > > has three different cutting blades that store in the machine itself (like

> > > that !). I just ordered one and haven't tried it yet but the reviews on

> > > Amazon are most favorable and I've wanted something like this for a while

> > > to avoid the carbs from pasta.

> > >

> > > Here is a video on the difference between a spiraliser and a Spirooli,

> > > another name for this machine.

> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2slQTjjzMaE & feature=related

> > >

> > > --

> > > Jabbara

> > > Portland, Oregon

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Just ordered from Groupon...Thanks!! From: "drunkendebbieninjamaster@..." <drunkendebbieninjamaster@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:08

PM Subject: Re: Re: Spirooli to make raw vegetable noodles

I'm drooling already :)On 4 Apr 2012, at 02:33 PM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote:

I just steam them and toss with a little raw butter (or sunflower oil) fresh herbs and sea salt,, or if you wan't an interesting breakfast, toss them with a little raw yogurt and cinnamon-yummy!

> > >

> > > There is a offer on Groupon right now for a Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable

> > > Slicer for $ 24 plus shipping for $5, Amazon has it for $39, the regular

> > > price is $49.88. The Groupon is good for 6 days unless they sell out, since

> > > they've sold over 1,000 that may happen.

> > >

> > > http://www.groupon.com/r/uu2318967 Go to the top tab that says "Goods"

> > > and scroll down a ways, it's in the right hand column. Yes, I'll get

> > > credit if you order it from this link but I could really use it being

> > > unemployed :-)

> > >

> > > This seems to be the best tool to make raw noodles out of vegetables. It

> > > has three different cutting blades that store in the machine itself (like

> > > that !). I just ordered one and haven't tried it yet but the reviews on

> > > Amazon are most favorable and I've wanted something like this for a while

> > > to avoid the carbs from pasta.

> > >

> > > Here is a video on the difference between a spiraliser and a Spirooli,

> > > another name for this machine.

> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2slQTjjzMaE & feature=related

> > >

> > > --

> > > Jabbara

> > > Portland, Oregon

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

How about that! I've never seen a recipe written down for that technique. I had the dish in a restaurant many many years ago. I had no idea what they used to cut the potato or what the device might be called. It took me several years before I bumped into a Threader and knew That was it. This was all before I was on the Internet so it was prior to 1980. TerrySent from my iPadHDOn Apr 4, 2012, at 12:29 PM, Ginny Welton <ginbit@...> wrote:

Here's a recipe for the fish with the potato spirals.Ginnyhttp://www.gourmetsleuth.com/Articles/Unique-Cooking-Tools-641/potato-threader-upright.aspx From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:50

AM Subject: Re: Re: Spirooli to make raw vegetable noodles

That is a new brand name to me. I googled it and it's what I have known as a Potato Threader. Or a Veg Threader. I've used one for a good 20 years. Mine is Japanese so I can't even read the brand name. <g> I thread potato and wrap the long threads around fish, usually salmon. I sauté that until the potato is brown and crisp. At that point the fish is nicely done. I serve this salmon over spinach. It makes a beautiful plate and quite delicious as well.

Terry

Sent from my iPadHD

On Apr 4, 2012, at 9:33 AM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote:

> I just steam them and toss with a little raw butter (or sunflower oil) fresh herbs and sea salt,, or if you wan't an interesting breakfast, toss them with a little raw yogurt and cinnamon-yummy!

>

>

>

>

>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> http://www.groupon.com/r/uu2318967 Go to the top tab that says "Goods"

>>>>

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> --

>>>> Jabbara

>>>> Portland, Oregon

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!