RemedySpot.com

one more and I promise to stop...Salad with Hummus Dressing, Olives, Capers, and

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2007/03/mediterranean-salad-with-hummus.htmlnow she used premade Hummus but WE would make our own.. and that is what I did.. I used some I had made for Movie night the other night..Another BIG HIT at this house..that we will be making again and again.

Mediterranean Salad with Hummus Dressing, Olives, Capers, and Feta

(Combination created by Kalyn with dressing adapted from Fiber Boost by Amy Snider.)

Dressing Ingredients:

(enough for several salads)

2/3 cup prepared or homemade hummus

5 T extra virgin olive oil

3 T fresh squeezed lemon juice

salt, fresh ground black pepper to taste

(I used only a bare pinch of salt)

Salad Ingredients (for each salad):

2 handfuls washed romaine lettuce

1 oz. crumbled feta cheese

5-6 kalamata olives

1 T capers

Instructions:

Combine hummus, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in food processor or the bowl of an immersion blender and buzz a few times to mix well. (This could also be mixed by hand.)

Chop romaine lettuce and wash in salad spinner and spin dry (or wash and

dry with paper towels.) Crumble the Feta, cut olives in half, and measure out the capers.

Put lettuce in a bowl, add about 3 T dressing, and stir to coat lettuce with dressing. Add capers, Kalamata olives, and crumbled Feta and toss again.

In the book, Amy's salad had toasted whole wheat pita croutons, grape tomatoes, and red onion rings. Other things you could add include diced

cucumber, chopped red bell peppers, boiled eggs, shrimp, cooked asparagus, or canned tuna.

The dressing keeps well in the refrigerator for more than a week.

Guest guest

Another good looking Recipe. Dud you grab the Zhug recipe I posted. That us great with a little mixed Into hummus. And the Zhug is so easy in the VitaMix. Just make Zhug first and don't clean the VitaMix, then make hummus. Sent from my iPadHDOn Apr 23, 2012, at 11:52 AM, "crenita2" <crenita@...> wrote:

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2007/03/mediterranean-salad-with-hummus.htmlnow she used premade Hummus but WE would make our own.. and that is what I did.. I used some I had made for Movie night the other night..Another BIG HIT at this house..that we will be making again and again.

Mediterranean Salad with Hummus Dressing, Olives, Capers, and Feta

(Combination created by Kalyn with dressing adapted from Fiber Boost by Amy Snider.)

Dressing Ingredients:

(enough for several salads)

2/3 cup prepared or homemade hummus

5 T extra virgin olive oil

3 T fresh squeezed lemon juice

salt, fresh ground black pepper to taste

(I used only a bare pinch of salt)

Salad Ingredients (for each salad):

2 handfuls washed romaine lettuce

1 oz. crumbled feta cheese

5-6 kalamata olives

1 T capers

Instructions:

Combine hummus, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in food processor or the bowl of an immersion blender and buzz a few times to mix well. (This could also be mixed by hand.)

Chop romaine lettuce and wash in salad spinner and spin dry (or wash and

dry with paper towels.) Crumble the Feta, cut olives in half, and measure out the capers.

Put lettuce in a bowl, add about 3 T dressing, and stir to coat lettuce with dressing. Add capers, Kalamata olives, and crumbled Feta and toss again.

In the book, Amy's salad had toasted whole wheat pita croutons, grape tomatoes, and red onion rings. Other things you could add include diced

cucumber, chopped red bell peppers, boiled eggs, shrimp, cooked asparagus, or canned tuna.

The dressing keeps well in the refrigerator for more than a week.