RemedySpot.com

green smoothies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, and to the Vitamix. I thought I'd share my experience and

ask a question.

The first few green smoothie recipes that I tried with my new VM were so gagging

awful that I almost gave up on the whole idea of the thing. Instead I began to

analyze the thing, and I concluded that they contained too much of a mix of

veggies and fruits, at least for my tastes.

So I came up with a recipe that I not only can stomach, but that I actually

like.

In the VM I place 1cup of original flavor soy milk, one banana frozen or

unfrozen, a couple of handfuls of frozen baby spinach or frozen kale with stems

removed, and juice from 1/4 of a lime. Blend and drink.

My question is about the use of soy milk - is it not a good thing?

Guest guest

I have switched over to Almond Breeze almond milk. I love it.

>

> Hi,

>

> I'm a newbie here, and to the Vitamix. I thought I'd share my experience and

ask a question.

>

> The first few green smoothie recipes that I tried with my new VM were so

gagging awful that I almost gave up on the whole idea of the thing. Instead I

began to analyze the thing, and I concluded that they contained too much of a

mix of veggies and fruits, at least for my tastes.

> So I came up with a recipe that I not only can stomach, but that I actually

like.

>

> In the VM I place 1cup of original flavor soy milk, one banana frozen or

unfrozen, a couple of handfuls of frozen baby spinach or frozen kale with stems

removed, and juice from 1/4 of a lime. Blend and drink.

>

> My question is about the use of soy milk - is it not a good thing?

>

Guest guest

Sounds good. I'll try thatDebbieOn 28 Apr 2012, at 11:30 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Debbie,Try it again with a whole lemon. I think it is the lemon that "makes" this drink. I used to use 1/2 of a lemon, but gave it a try because this is how the lady makes hers. I'm glad that I tried it! I've used limes before in my green drinks and have come to discover that I prefer lemons.Next time I'm going to add about 2 drops of Stevia. This won't be enough to detect as "sweet", but just enough to slightly balance the salty flavor. I've learned that in my savory concoctions if I can have a balance of salty, sweet, and tart, they have a better depth of flavor. I can't wait to try this with the plain yogurt she recommended.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Apr 28, 2012, at 5:47 AM, drunkendebbieninjamaster@... wrote:

I tried this today as my smoothies are usually too fruit heavy and I'm trying to avoid too much fructose. Very tasty. I used juice of half a lime. Still slightly too 'green' for me but very palatable. I think I could get used to this. Thanks for the suggestion. DebbieM

>

> Hi,

>

> I'm a newbie here, and to the Vitamix. I thought I'd share my experience and ask a question.

>

> The first few green smoothie recipes that I tried with my new VM were so gagging awful that I almost gave up on the whole idea of the thing. Instead I began to analyze the thing, and I concluded that they contained too much of a mix of veggies and fruits, at least for my tastes.

> So I came up with a recipe that I not only can stomach, but that I actually like.

>

> In the VM I place 1cup of original flavor soy milk, one banana frozen or unfrozen, a couple of handfuls of frozen baby spinach or frozen kale with stems removed, and juice from 1/4 of a lime. Blend and drink.

>

> My question is about the use of soy milk - is it not a good thing?

>

Guest guest

Hi Kris,In the links section under Recipes > Green Smoothies > Tips for making Great Tasting Green Smoothies... that post includes a video link to How to make a green smoothie tasty every time which addresses this and I found super helpful. Basically it's the combo/ratio of what you are putting in that causes the foam layer of chlorophyll. Additionally, there are ways to help take out air bubbles by running the VM at a lower speed, but I've found if I haven't gotten the ratio of contents correct I can't overcome the foam with just lowering the speed for air bubble removal.>> Hello everyone I'm trying to like green smoothies but when I make them there is a huge layer of foam on top and I don't know what to do any suggestions?>