RemedySpot.com

160 calorie Apple Spice Muffins w apple chunks in them.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am scouting out the competitions recipes.. and this looks GOOODDDDD..( I don't think they would mind if we tried it..)).. I think I might chop up some of the apples first and put on the side.. and then follow the recipe at the end add in the chopped apples without blending.. so you get apple CHUNKS in the muffins... and BEST OF ALL.. only 160 calories per MUFFIN>

Delicious Apple Spice Muffins

By Blendtec

Apple Spice Muffin

Enjoy these fresh muffins made with warming spices and cooked apple bits.

1 C low fat buttermilk

2 medium apples, peeled, quartered and cored, divided

3/4 C sucanat or other natural sugar

2 eggs

2 Tbsp coconut oil, butter or other light flavored oil

1 tsp vanilla extract

¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice

½ tsp kosher or sea salt

1 Tbsp baking powder

2 C whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour, divided

Preheat oven to 375°F. Add buttermilk, ½ an apple, sucanat, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt to pitcher and secure lid. Press "Batters". Add baking powder, 1 cup of flour, remaining apples and last cup of flour and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3-5 times or until dry ingredients are barely incorporated and apples are chopped in bits. Allow batter to sit 5 minutes. Pour batter into greased muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes or until done.

For an extra special treat, sprinkle your favorite streusel on top of the muffins before baking.

Total Calories 160

Total Fat 3.5 g

Sat Fat 2.5 g

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 30 mg

Sodium 180 mg

Total CHO 30 g

Dietary Fiber 3 g

Sugars 14 g

Protein 4 g

Variations :

You can try a variation of this recipe. (which I like best w/one green tart apple and one milder red apple...and if you leave the skins on you get the nutrition along w/the colors of Christmas!)

You can use this as a basic recipe and do variations on it.. I.e Cranberry Orange or Banana Chocolate Chip.