RemedySpot.com

Quick and easy quiche

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I made this the other day with stinging nettles that are coming up in my garden and it was awesome, I used regular milk in the recipe. You could substitute any green for the nettles. It was fabulous.Bonnie Quick and easy stinging nettle and onion quicheHere’s a simple and tasty crustless quiche recipe using stinging nettle, which is also dairy-free.For tips on picking and preparing stinging nettle, as well as other easy recipes using this wild edible plant, see my earlier postCooking with stinging nettles. Ingredients:100g stinging nettle 2 onions, chopped 1 zucchini, cubed 4 eggs, beaten 2 tablespoons softened butter 1 1/2 cups soy or rice milk 1/2 cup flour (can be gluten-free flour) Salt and pepper1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. 2. Fry chopped onions and zucchini for a couple of minutes. Add stinging nettle, turn down heat and let greens reduce and wilt. Stir often. 3. When onion, zucchini and stinging nettle mixture is cooked through, turn off heat. 4. Mix butter, flour, eggs and milk in bowl until well-combined. 5. Pour veggie mixture into quiche baking pan and spread evenly. Pour egg mixture over and bake for approx 30 minutes, until quiche is golden on top. Bonnie The Busy Person's Wellness ExpertRadiant Health For Life In Less Than 10 Minutes A Daywww.bonniesherbals.comGet instant access to my FREE report:5 STEPS TO Boost Your ENERGY, Reduce Your Stress and Heal Your Bodyand at the same time you will be subscribed to my newsletter. – I promise to never share your information with anyone else.Coming soon: we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Terry PogueSent: Monday, April 02, 2012 8:08 PMTerry PogueSubject: Apple Ice Cream This was very good tonight. I'm freezing another bag of cut apples to do it with apple juice. I'm sure it will be lovely, probably more of a sorbet with the juice. Apple Ice Cream - Serves 2Recipe By: Terry PogueIngredients2 large Apples -- cored and cubed FROZENjuice of 1/4 lemon1/4 cup sugar1/4 cup cream or apple juice1/2 teaspoon Xanthan GumInstructionsCore the apples but no need to peel. Cut into pieces approximately 2 " x 2 " . Put into a ziplock bag and squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the apples. Mix around. Then put the bag of apple pieces in the freezer spread out so the apple cubes freeze individually and not in a clump.In the Vitamix put the sugar (I used confectioners' sugar), Xanthan Gum, and cream. Add the frozen apple cubes and turn the Vitamix on high. Using the tamper to push the apples down onto the blades being sure to reach into all four corners until the ice cream is smooth.Recipe NotesLeave the skins on. They will not be visible in the finished ice cream.Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh