RemedySpot.com

Savory Cheese Cauliflower Chive Waffles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

http://yourlighterside.com/savory-cheese-chive-waffles/?utm_source=feedburner & utm_medium=feed & utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheLighterSideOfLow-carb+%28The+Lighter+Side+of+Low-Carb%29 & utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher Get your waffle Iron out for this one....... I made the riced cauliflower in the VM( per direction in the FILES ) and shredded the parm in there as well, to make these... another one the grownups liked but not so the kids. they wanted the sugar coated version.. but this is a nice alternative to use veggies in other foods... The Author said you could make these w zucchini if cauliflower doesn't do it for you.. but this is Gluten free for those that follow that as well.. and for the rest it is LOW CARB I want to re-try this when I make Chicken and do CHICKEN AND WAFFLES.. perhaps that will go with the younger crowd better than as a breakfast item. But the Adults this a thumbs UP.. served it w some over easy eggs and fresh sliced Tomatoes... Nutritional Information per waffle: Calories: 135, Carbohydrates:

3g, Fiber: .8g, Net Carbohydrates: 2.2g, Protein: 11.7g, Fat: 8.5g

Waffles! Savory, wonderful, gluten free waffles! Made from… cauliflower!

This time I'm serious. Cauliflower and cheese team up for this beautiful, savory pairing perfect for breakfast, brunch, dinner or lunch. Any time you have a hankering for some cheesy goodness, reach for

your favorite veggie, shred, and heat up those waffle irons.

Pictured above, I really enjoy these waffles with bacon and eggs. I tossed in some fresh parsley and some sun-dried tomatoes, along with some added Parmesan cheese for added kick. You can seriously play up these flavors with sour cream, tomato sauce, basically anything you're hankering for!

These waffles are nice and crispy since the cheese brings its magic to the table.

Look at those bits of fresh parsley and sun-dried tomato.

With an easy, fun dish like this, the question becomes, what will you put in your waffles?

As always, a few thoughts, notes and tips:

I used egg, but you might be able to omit this ingredient if you're egg intolerant. I haven't tried this recipe without it because I wanted to make sure the cheese didn't cook and stick to the waffle iron.Don't like cauliflower? Use well drained, shredded zucchini instead!You can save some fat by using skim Mozzarella. The waffle maker should essentially be non-stick when heated properly, so you shouldn't need any added fat there.Be sure to allow the waffle iron to do its thing. In other words, stop checking the thing every 30 seconds while it's cooking. If you mess

with its perfection while it's trying to do it's job, you're going to have a mess. Set the timer and walk away. Go on. Away. I see you hovering over there…Always make sure to allow your iron to fully heat before you add batter. Cold waffle irons take time to heat, so if you add the `dough' while it's still heating, you'll end up with either an overcooked hockey

puck, or the blob from outer space.The waffles stick ever so slightly, but that's only because they've stringently adhered to the waffle iron. Just gently coax with a fork (careful to not scratch your non-stick surface or hurt yourself) and loosen.This recipe is Atkins induction friendly, gluten free, sugar free, vegetarian friendly and 2.2 net carbs per ample waffle.

Crispy waffles also make for the perfect addition to sunny side up eggs.

Savory Cheese Chive Waffles

1 cup processed, raw cauliflower (should resemble coarse crumbs)

1 cup processed mozzarella shredded cheese

1/3 cup Parmesan cheese/shredded

2 eggs

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp pepper

1 Tbsp chives

fresh parsley, optional

sun-dried tomatoes, optional

Heat waffle maker until ready. Add scant 1/4 cups filled with batter on the griddle. Set the timer for 4-6 minutes, peeking after minute four. If the waffle maker sticks, let cook slightly longer. Remove once cooked. allow to cool on a plate. Refrigerate remaining.

Makes 6 waffles.

Nutritional Information per waffle: Calories: 135, Carbohydrates:

3g, Fiber: .8g, Net Carbohydrates: 2.2g, Protein: 11.7g, Fat: 8.5g