RemedySpot.com

TOPIC MOVED to OFF TOPIC Vitamix Enthusiasts List - OT: TFal Actifry

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am ALL (100%) IN FAVOR OF Off Topic Posts - I think we learn LOADS from them - that is why I created the Off Topic Vitamix Enthusiasts List NOT as a way to shut down the discussion, but to make it MORE FREE so no one ever has to "worry" that maybe they shouldn't reply.I think that in general, the OT discussions should start on the Vitamix list, and putting OT in the subject line is PERFECT! I am happy for this discussion!IF the discussion goes past 6-8 posts or so, I think there is enough interest in the topic that we should take it over to the Off Topic Vitamix Enthusiasts list so we can explore all aspects of the topic including off-shoot discussions!EVERYONE can EASILY join the OFF TOPIC Vitamix Enthusiasts list (because there is NO Membership Approval process - you are instantly approved!)Let's move this discussion over to the OT list.(I've copied this note to the OT list, so we can just pick up from there (reply to This message from That list)…OffTopic/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 26, 2012, at 11:56 AM, <dgulenchin@...> <dgulenchin@...> wrote:

Saw an infomercial on TV about flavorstone cookware - does anyone have these or tried them?Flavorstone™ | Thane Canada

Dennis From: lschacht@...Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:35:15 -0500Subject: Re: Re: OT: TFal Actifry

Some of the new pans on QVC and HSN are non stick ceramic made with sand.

Lucille

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:08 AM

Subject: Re: Re: OT: TFal Actifry

It depends on what they use for non stick, I have a cuisinart ceramic based non stick surface (which are very pricey) and it performs great.. Not sure what they use in the actifry though

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 6:18 AM, <berrywell@...> wrote:

I was somewhat intrigued with the Actifry when it first came out, but I am leary of the non stick coating in it (ift comes with a warning not to use in homes with pet birds as it is toxic to them-if it is for them, it must be for humans too!) i had a neat little pot called a "cook and stir" that had a similar stirring paddle and was great for making sauces, but the non stick coating on it quickly peeled and chipped, so I figured the Actifry would do the same thing. I avoid non stick coatings on cookware after not only reacting to them, burt doing research on how toxic they are. Just my two cents worth, of course.

>> Was at costco today, saw a machine called Actifry, it claims to make crispy> french fries and other things with just a tablespoon of oil, wondering if> anyone has one, or knows how well it really works? seems almost too good to> be true, fried food taste and still fairly healthy???>