RemedySpot.com

Re: Help with Frozen items not mixing thoroughly

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Koffeekam,Great question - lucky for you it isn't the machine, it is the technique (which can easily be fixed ;-). You have to use 1 cup of non-frozen ingredients and 3 cups of frozen. You tried 1/2 of a recipe and you can't do that with ice cream in a Vitamix. Too little and the Vitamix forms repeated air pockets and prevents thorough blending. Too much and you: 1) won't be able to get the entire batch to circulate (which gets the top and the bottom all blending evenly and forms the four "pillows" that indicates that you did it right :-), and 2) could possibly over heat the motor.If you make too much you can freeze the left overs into ice cubes and use them in future smoothies or a new batch of ice cream, but to make ice cream in the Vitamix it has to be 1 cup non-frozen to 3 cups frozen. There is more information here:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Ice Creams and Sorbets/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Ice_Creams_001327151538/Look for the first link titled, "Ice Cream Making Technique"

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 26, 2012, at 3:14 PM, koffeekam wrote:

I have just gotten my Vitamix and joined this great group. My goal this weekend is to find time to read through all the wonderful topics/advice on here. I LOVE the vitamix and have been using it every day!

This may have been covered (sorry)...but I am nearing the 30-day mark and need to determine if something if wrong with my machine...so I am reaching out for help.

When I try to do frozen items the mixture becomes frozen, as it should...but everything is not blended.

I make the Orange Sorbet in the cookbook that came with the machine (orange, ice and sugar). It gets to the frozen consistency but there are still chunks of Orange.

I am doing a half recipe...so not sure if that is the problem. 1 orange (peeled and now quartered), 2 cups ice and 1 tbsp sugar.

Same thing when I try soy milk and frozen strawberries. Great texture but still chunks of strawberries. I let the strawberries sit for 10-15 minutes. I use the tamper.

If I keep going until the fruit is not in chunks, I have blended it too long and it is now too loose and not frozen.

ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!

Guest guest

Hello Koffeekam,Great question - lucky for you it isn't the machine, it is the technique (which can easily be fixed ;-). You have to use 1 cup of non-frozen ingredients and 3 cups of frozen. You tried 1/2 of a recipe and you can't do that with ice cream in a Vitamix. Too little and the Vitamix forms repeated air pockets and prevents thorough blending. Too much and you: 1) won't be able to get the entire batch to circulate (which gets the top and the bottom all blending evenly and forms the four "pillows" that indicates that you did it right :-), and 2) could possibly over heat the motor.If you make too much you can freeze the left overs into ice cubes and use them in future smoothies or a new batch of ice cream, but to make ice cream in the Vitamix it has to be 1 cup non-frozen to 3 cups frozen. There is more information here:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Ice Creams and Sorbets/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Ice_Creams_001327151538/Look for the first link titled, "Ice Cream Making Technique"

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 26, 2012, at 3:14 PM, koffeekam wrote:

I have just gotten my Vitamix and joined this great group. My goal this weekend is to find time to read through all the wonderful topics/advice on here. I LOVE the vitamix and have been using it every day!

This may have been covered (sorry)...but I am nearing the 30-day mark and need to determine if something if wrong with my machine...so I am reaching out for help.

When I try to do frozen items the mixture becomes frozen, as it should...but everything is not blended.

I make the Orange Sorbet in the cookbook that came with the machine (orange, ice and sugar). It gets to the frozen consistency but there are still chunks of Orange.

I am doing a half recipe...so not sure if that is the problem. 1 orange (peeled and now quartered), 2 cups ice and 1 tbsp sugar.

Same thing when I try soy milk and frozen strawberries. Great texture but still chunks of strawberries. I let the strawberries sit for 10-15 minutes. I use the tamper.

If I keep going until the fruit is not in chunks, I have blended it too long and it is now too loose and not frozen.

ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!

Guest guest

Hi Lea Ann,

Thank you SO much for responding!

I forgot to mention that I have the Vitamix (Creations Elite) that has the 48 oz

container. Not sure if that matters. I went with the machine with the smaller

container hoping that I could make smaller portions of everything. Would it help

me make smaller amounts if I bought the 32 oz container?

I understand about the fact that the Orange Sorbet was 1/2 recipe and I

shouldn't do that. I will try a full recipe tonight.

The only thing is that I have made a Strawberry Sorbet recipe from the cookbook

using 1 lb frozen strawberries (I used a full 1 lb bag) and 1 cup vanilla soy

milk. The recipe also called for some sugar and vanilla extract (which I left

out since I was using the vanilla soy milk and didn't need extra sweetness).

I did the full recipe and had major issues with huge chunks of starwberries

being throughout.

Also, one other thing I notice is that when I make milkshakes or smoothies with

ice I can hear the ice in the machine blending. I blend for quite awhile and

when I slow it down I can still hear the chunks of ice. The ice whirling around

has a definite sound. It is only if I turn it off and then back on, the ice will

then completely chop.

Is the new Creations Elite different from everyone else's Vitamix?

THANK YOU!

>

> I have just gotten my Vitamix and joined this great group. My goal this

weekend is to find time to read through all the wonderful topics/advice on here.

I LOVE the vitamix and have been using it every day!

>

> This may have been covered (sorry)...but I am nearing the 30-day mark and need

to determine if something if wrong with my machine...so I am reaching out for

help.

>

> When I try to do frozen items the mixture becomes frozen, as it should...but

everything is not blended.

>

> I make the Orange Sorbet in the cookbook that came with the machine (orange,

ice and sugar). It gets to the frozen consistency but there are still chunks of

Orange.

>

> I am doing a half recipe...so not sure if that is the problem. 1 orange

(peeled and now quartered), 2 cups ice and 1 tbsp sugar.

>

> Same thing when I try soy milk and frozen strawberries. Great texture but

still chunks of strawberries. I let the strawberries sit for 10-15 minutes. I

use the tamper.

>

> If I keep going until the fruit is not in chunks, I have blended it too long

and it is now too loose and not frozen.

>

> ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated.

>

> THANKS!

>

Guest guest

Hello,The creations does indeed have a different base motor than the 5200 (many here have the 5200). When you say you blend for "quite a while" can you time it and let me know? Someone told me once that they were blending for at least 2 minutes, but when I had them time it, it was only 30 seconds! When you are blending, are you using your tamper? I haven't used the "elite" motor yet, but am anxious to get my hands on the model I will be selling soon (to see how it works in person). It will be like the pro 300 (the same motor base as the Elite, but the new wider bottomed 64 oz container). Once I've used it, I can give you more information about how it performs (I could put a 48 oz. base on it and see how the Elite works…

On May 27, 2012, at 12:22 PM, koffeekam wrote:

Hi Lea Ann,

Thank you SO much for responding!

I forgot to mention that I have the Vitamix (Creations Elite) that has the 48 oz container. Not sure if that matters. I went with the machine with the smaller container hoping that I could make smaller portions of everything. Would it help me make smaller amounts if I bought the 32 oz container?

I understand about the fact that the Orange Sorbet was 1/2 recipe and I shouldn't do that. I will try a full recipe tonight.

The only thing is that I have made a Strawberry Sorbet recipe from the cookbook using 1 lb frozen strawberries (I used a full 1 lb bag) and 1 cup vanilla soy milk. The recipe also called for some sugar and vanilla extract (which I left out since I was using the vanilla soy milk and didn't need extra sweetness).

I did the full recipe and had major issues with huge chunks of starwberries being throughout.

Also, one other thing I notice is that when I make milkshakes or smoothies with ice I can hear the ice in the machine blending. I blend for quite awhile and when I slow it down I can still hear the chunks of ice. The ice whirling around has a definite sound. It is only if I turn it off and then back on, the ice will then completely chop.

Is the new Creations Elite different from everyone else's Vitamix?

THANK YOU!

>

> I have just gotten my Vitamix and joined this great group. My goal this weekend is to find time to read through all the wonderful topics/advice on here. I LOVE the vitamix and have been using it every day!

>

> This may have been covered (sorry)...but I am nearing the 30-day mark and need to determine if something if wrong with my machine...so I am reaching out for help.

>

> When I try to do frozen items the mixture becomes frozen, as it should...but everything is not blended.

>

> I make the Orange Sorbet in the cookbook that came with the machine (orange, ice and sugar). It gets to the frozen consistency but there are still chunks of Orange.

>

> I am doing a half recipe...so not sure if that is the problem. 1 orange (peeled and now quartered), 2 cups ice and 1 tbsp sugar.

>

> Same thing when I try soy milk and frozen strawberries. Great texture but still chunks of strawberries. I let the strawberries sit for 10-15 minutes. I use the tamper.

>

> If I keep going until the fruit is not in chunks, I have blended it too long and it is now too loose and not frozen.

>

>

> THANKS!

>

Guest guest

>

weekend is to find time to read through all the wonderful topics/advice on here.

>

> This may have been covered (sorry)...but I am nearing the 30-day mark and need

help.

>

>

Orange.

>

>

use the tamper.

>

>

>

> THANKS!

>

I also had the Creations Elite purchased from QVC as a Todays's Special Value. I

also never was able to make ice cream and also had to use the tamper more often

that I thought should be necessary. This was my first Vitamix and had watched

the presentations on tv all day before I finally ordered. They advertised it as

being a more efficient motor and it came with the 48 oz container that could

fit under cabinets. It also had the new pulse button instead of high.

The few days that I had while waiting for my machine to arrive I watched a lot

of youtube videos to get a feel of what I could do and for ideas. Pretty much

everyone in the videos used the 5200 with the 64 oz container.

I didn't feel like it performed like all of the 5200's that I watched on

youtube. I didn't care for the pulse switch because I read you can pulse without

that button, also I liked that High button everyone had on theirs, it always

seemed to really kick up the power. I started to think it was the size of the

container that was the problem, that maybe the shape of the regular 64 oz helps

achieve the ice cream texture and not having to use the tamper for almost

everything. Also the machine seemed SO LOUD, even though it was supposed to be

so much quieter, but I didn't have anything to compare that too.

Finally I decided to get a reconditioned 5200 with the 64 oz container and send

back the Elite to QVC. I liked the idea of it being $100 cheaper at $329 and the

payments were only 3 instead of 5 months with the Elite. It also has the same

warranty as the Creations Elite.

My thoughts on the 5200 vs Creations Elite:

-Right away when I cleaned it with soap and water I could tell it sounded more

powerful but yet it was QUIETER. The soapy water was bouncing up and down and

got the lid clean even.

-Love the soft grip handle, and it's only my husband and 6 yr old daughter and I

don't think it's too big, it will be nice for company.

-The High button really seems to give it more power plus kicks on the fan so it

can't overheat.

-Surprisingly it JUST fits under my cabinet, just without the lid.

-I've also gotten the 4 mounds!!

I am VERY happy with my decision. Maybe it's just me but I really feel like the

5200 is more powerful than the Creations Elite. I even may be getting the 25%

medical discount /credit back for my daughters medical food needs for CF once

the Dr's note fax paperwork is processed, and that equals a payment!

Guest guest

Posted this under Links as, "Review/Opinion 5200 vs. Creations Elite"

On May 28, 2012, at 10:58 AM, wrote:

>

> I have just gotten my Vitamix and joined this great group. My goal this weekend is to find time to read through all the wonderful topics/advice on here. I LOVE the vitamix and have been using it every day!

>

> This may have been covered (sorry)...but I am nearing the 30-day mark and need to determine if something if wrong with my machine...so I am reaching out for help.

>

> When I try to do frozen items the mixture becomes frozen, as it should...but everything is not blended.

>

> I make the Orange Sorbet in the cookbook that came with the machine (orange, ice and sugar). It gets to the frozen consistency but there are still chunks of Orange.

>

> I am doing a half recipe...so not sure if that is the problem. 1 orange (peeled and now quartered), 2 cups ice and 1 tbsp sugar.

>

> Same thing when I try soy milk and frozen strawberries. Great texture but still chunks of strawberries. I let the strawberries sit for 10-15 minutes. I use the tamper.

>

> If I keep going until the fruit is not in chunks, I have blended it too long and it is now too loose and not frozen.

>

>

> THANKS!

>

I also had the Creations Elite purchased from QVC as a Todays's Special Value. I also never was able to make ice cream and also had to use the tamper more often that I thought should be necessary. This was my first Vitamix and had watched the presentations on tv all day before I finally ordered. They advertised it as being a more efficient motor and it came with the 48 oz container that could fit under cabinets. It also had the new pulse button instead of high.

The few days that I had while waiting for my machine to arrive I watched a lot of youtube videos to get a feel of what I could do and for ideas. Pretty much everyone in the videos used the 5200 with the 64 oz container.

I didn't feel like it performed like all of the 5200's that I watched on youtube. I didn't care for the pulse switch because I read you can pulse without that button, also I liked that High button everyone had on theirs, it always seemed to really kick up the power. I started to think it was the size of the container that was the problem, that maybe the shape of the regular 64 oz helps achieve the ice cream texture and not having to use the tamper for almost everything. Also the machine seemed SO LOUD, even though it was supposed to be so much quieter, but I didn't have anything to compare that too.

Finally I decided to get a reconditioned 5200 with the 64 oz container and send back the Elite to QVC. I liked the idea of it being $100 cheaper at $329 and the payments were only 3 instead of 5 months with the Elite. It also has the same warranty as the Creations Elite.

My thoughts on the 5200 vs Creations Elite:

-Right away when I cleaned it with soap and water I could tell it sounded more powerful but yet it was QUIETER. The soapy water was bouncing up and down and got the lid clean even.

-Love the soft grip handle, and it's only my husband and 6 yr old daughter and I don't think it's too big, it will be nice for company.

-The High button really seems to give it more power plus kicks on the fan so it can't overheat.

-Surprisingly it JUST fits under my cabinet, just without the lid.

-I've also gotten the 4 mounds!!

I am VERY happy with my decision. Maybe it's just me but I really feel like the 5200 is more powerful than the Creations Elite. I even may be getting the 25% medical discount /credit back for my daughters medical food needs for CF once the Dr's note fax paperwork is processed, and that equals a payment!

Guest guest

I just bought the reconditioned 5200 w/48 oz container from the Vitamix site.

So you are saying then that it is different from the QVC one with the 48 oz

container. Or just the QVC model with the pulse switch is different than the

one from the Vitamix site?

Sherry

> >

> > I have just gotten my Vitamix and joined this great group. My goal this

> >

> > This may have been covered (sorry)...but I am nearing the 30-day mark and

need to determine if something if wrong with my machine...so I am reaching out

for help.

> >

> > When I try to do frozen items the mixture becomes frozen, as it should...but

> >

> > I make the Orange Sorbet in the cookbook that came with the machine (orange,

Orange.

> >

> > I am doing a half recipe...so not sure if that is the problem. 1 orange

> >

> > Same thing when I try soy milk and frozen strawberries. Great texture but

use the tamper.

> >

> > If I keep going until the fruit is not in chunks, I have blended it too long

> >

> > ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated.

> >

> > THANKS!

> >

>

> I also had the Creations Elite purchased from QVC as a Todays's Special Value.

I also never was able to make ice cream and also had to use the tamper more

often that I thought should be necessary. This was my first Vitamix and had

watched the presentations on tv all day before I finally ordered. They

advertised it as being a more efficient motor and it came with the 48 oz

container that could fit under cabinets. It also had the new pulse button

instead of high.

>

> The few days that I had while waiting for my machine to arrive I watched a lot

of youtube videos to get a feel of what I could do and for ideas. Pretty much

everyone in the videos used the 5200 with the 64 oz container.

>

> I didn't feel like it performed like all of the 5200's that I watched on

youtube. I didn't care for the pulse switch because I read you can pulse without

that button, also I liked that High button everyone had on theirs, it always

seemed to really kick up the power. I started to think it was the size of the

container that was the problem, that maybe the shape of the regular 64 oz helps

achieve the ice cream texture and not having to use the tamper for almost

everything. Also the machine seemed SO LOUD, even though it was supposed to be

so much quieter, but I didn't have anything to compare that too.

>

> Finally I decided to get a reconditioned 5200 with the 64 oz container and

send back the Elite to QVC. I liked the idea of it being $100 cheaper at $329

and the payments were only 3 instead of 5 months with the Elite. It also has the

same warranty as the Creations Elite.

>

> My thoughts on the 5200 vs Creations Elite:

> -Right away when I cleaned it with soap and water I could tell it sounded more

powerful but yet it was QUIETER. The soapy water was bouncing up and down and

got the lid clean even.

> -Love the soft grip handle, and it's only my husband and 6 yr old daughter and

I don't think it's too big, it will be nice for company.

> -The High button really seems to give it more power plus kicks on the fan so

it can't overheat.

> -Surprisingly it JUST fits under my cabinet, just without the lid.

> -I've also gotten the 4 mounds!!

>

> I am VERY happy with my decision. Maybe it's just me but I really feel like

the 5200 is more powerful than the Creations Elite. I even may be getting the

25% medical discount /credit back for my daughters medical food needs for CF

once the Dr's note fax paperwork is processed, and that equals a payment!

>

Guest guest

OK, now I am a little disappointed. Before purchasing the Creations, I thought

that I had seen on the Vitamix forums that the only difference between the

Creations and 5200 models was the lack of " cushion " handles & buttons on the

Creations...that they were the same motor. (And yes, since mine was from QVC I

know I gave up an extra 2 yrs of warranty.) Also, I realize different models

come with different extras.

I realize that the Elite is a NEW version - quieter and pulse feature...but I

really expected it to be comparable to the 5200.

I will wait for your review and keep trying different things!

When I mentioned about the ice and milkshakes/smoothies...I am blending at the

speed (8 - 10) and length of time in the directions (anywhere from 20-40 seconds

depending on the recipe).

Each time, as I reach the stated time, I still hear ice. As soon as I stop and

restart it, it only takes about 5 seconds to have the " chopping ice " sound go

away and the drink to be smooth.

On my first few drinks with ice, I went over the time - by maybe 20-30 seconds,

but didn't want them to liquify/heat too much. There were still ice chunks so I

would have to restart it. So, once I discovered I could stop it and only have to

restart it for a few seconds, that is what I have been doing.

I guess my concern is that I feel like the vitamix should blend the ice without

my starting & stopping. If the recipe calls for a tamper, I use it.

THANKS!

> >

> > I have just gotten my Vitamix and joined this great group. My goal this

> >

> > This may have been covered (sorry)...but I am nearing the 30-day mark and

need to determine if something if wrong with my machine...so I am reaching out

for help.

> >

> > When I try to do frozen items the mixture becomes frozen, as it should...but

> >

> > I make the Orange Sorbet in the cookbook that came with the machine (orange,

Orange.

> >

> > I am doing a half recipe...so not sure if that is the problem. 1 orange

> >

> > Same thing when I try soy milk and frozen strawberries. Great texture but

use the tamper.

> >

> > If I keep going until the fruit is not in chunks, I have blended it too long

> >

> > ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated.

> >

> > THANKS!

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm confused also. I was thinking that I had the 5200. I ordered the

reconditioned 48 oz from the Vitamix site. On the machine it is called

Creations II. NOT the Elite which is from QVC. How is that different from the

5200?

I wasn't sure if I should start another topic on my questions because they are

so similar to this topic.

Sherry

>

>

help.

>

>

Orange.

>

>

use the tamper.

>

>

>

> THANKS!

>

Guest guest

>> I'm confused also. I was thinking that I had the 5200. I ordered the reconditioned 48 oz from the Vitamix site. On the machine it is called Creations II. NOT the Elite which is from QVC. How is that different from the 5200?> > I wasn't sure if I should start another topic on my questions because they are so similar to this topic. > > Sherry

That is really odd. I thought the only reconditioned one's from Vitamix were the 5200, because when you go under Special Deals on the Vitamix website and look at the two reconditioned options and look at the close up picture they both say 5200, even the one with 48 oz container. I would call them to ask. From what I understand the Creations lines are made for QVC and are supposed to have the same motors just the things they are packaged with and warranty are different. They don't have the soft grip handle either, they are supposed to be basically be no frills but again with the same motor. The less warranty & minor things like no soft grips are why it's supposed to be cheaper on QVC. This is all what I have found out in my research when trying to figure out whether to keep the creations from Qvc or get the 5200 reconditioned.

Guest guest

Hi,I questioned Vitamix when I didn't receive the container illustrated on the web page for reconditioned units. Then I went back to the reconditioned page for the 64 oz container and re-read the information and noticed this- Labels and grips on reconditioned units may vary My unit was a 5200c and the container came with a plain handle. I'm okay with the 5200c and they are sending me a soft grip container for customer satisfaction. I'm on the edge to buy a unit my one of my children and will buy a new one to ensure they receive the 5200. I'm afraid that with units sold on QVC will be returned and they might end up with one of the QVC models.

Jan

Guest guest

This is getting more interesting. Mine does have the plastic handle. So

clearly now it IS the QVC model. When ordering it does say Labels and grips on

reconditioned units may vary. So perhaps, it is not always the QVC unit that is

being offered as the reconditioned unit. I don't care as long as the motor is

the same. MINE IS NOT THE THE ONE WITH THE PULSE FUNCTION. I have wondered if

QVC offers ones that are inferior in quality of the motor. I HOPE NOT. So the

question is, is this QVC unit comparable to the 5200. It looks the same except

for the handle. So is the motor the same? Vitamix is selling it under

Reconditioned. It seems perhaps that regardless if it is the QVC unit or

different unit. So I imagine it the one selling as Reconditioned as per which

ever model they have available at the time. Right now Vitamix has only the

reconditoned units for sale. All others are backorder. QVC has had them for

sale now for quite some time. A TSV not that long ago. So I am guessing, that

the reconditioned units Vitamix has right now are the returns from this TSV from

QVC.

Any other thoughs on this?

Sherry

>

> Hi,

> I questioned Vitamix when I didn't receive the container illustrated on the

web page for reconditioned units.  Then I went back to the reconditioned page

for the 64 oz container and re-read the information and noticed this-

>  

> Labels and grips on reconditioned units may vary

>  

> My unit was a 5200c and the container came with a plain handle.  I'm okay with

the 5200c and they are sending me a soft grip container for customer

satisfaction.

>  

> I'm on the edge to buy a unit my one of my children and will buy a new one to

ensure they receive the 5200.  I'm afraid that with units sold on QVC will be

returned and they might end up with one of the QVC models. 

>  

> Jan

>

Guest guest

On May 28, 2012, at 7:54 PM, Jan Connell wrote:

Hi,I questioned Vitamix when I didn't receive the container illustrated on the web page for reconditioned units. Then I went back to the reconditioned page for the 64 oz container and re-read the information and noticed this- Labels and grips on reconditioned units may vary My unit was a 5200c and the container came with a plain handle. I'm okay with the 5200c and they are sending me a soft grip container for customer satisfaction. I'm on the edge to buy a unit my one of my children and will buy a new one to ensure they receive the 5200. I'm afraid that with units sold on QVC will be returned and they might end up with one of the QVC models.

Jan

Guest guest

Hello,5200, 5200C, and any "Creations" model (except the Elite) are all the same base motor with different names on the front - so is the Turbo VS and the CIA, etc…

On May 28, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Sherry wrote:

This is getting more interesting. Mine does have the plastic handle. So clearly now it IS the QVC model. When ordering it does say Labels and grips on reconditioned units may vary. So perhaps, it is not always the QVC unit that is being offered as the reconditioned unit. I don't care as long as the motor is the same. MINE IS NOT THE THE ONE WITH THE PULSE FUNCTION. I have wondered if QVC offers ones that are inferior in quality of the motor. I HOPE NOT. So the question is, is this QVC unit comparable to the 5200. It looks the same except for the handle. So is the motor the same? Vitamix is selling it under Reconditioned. It seems perhaps that regardless if it is the QVC unit or different unit. So I imagine it the one selling as Reconditioned as per which ever model they have available at the time. Right now Vitamix has only the reconditoned units for sale. All others are backorder. QVC has had them for sale now for quite some time. A TSV not that long ago. So I am guessing, that the reconditioned units Vitamix has right now are the returns from this TSV from QVC.

Any other thoughs on this?

Sherry

>

> Hi,

> I questioned Vitamix when I didn't receive the container illustrated on the web page for reconditioned units. Then I went back to the reconditioned page for the 64 oz container and re-read the information and noticed this-

>

> Labels and grips on reconditioned units may vary

>

> My unit was a 5200c and the container came with a plain handle. I'm okay with the 5200c and they are sending me a soft grip container for customer satisfaction.

>

> I'm on the edge to buy a unit my one of my children and will buy a new one to ensure they receive the 5200. I'm afraid that with units sold on QVC will be returned and they might end up with one of the QVC models.

>

> Jan

>

Guest guest

>> Hello,> > 5200, 5200C, and any "Creations" model (except the Elite) are all the same base motor with different names on the front - so is the Turbo VS and the CIA, etc…> > Blessings,> Lea Ann Savage> Satellite Beach, FL> (321) 773-7088 (home)> (321-961-9219 (cell)> www.BlenderLady.com> (AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)> <:)))><>

This sounds correct. The Elite is a brand new motor so it is different from all previous even all the Creations sold on QVC.My reconditioned machine says Vitamix 5200 on the front. The model # is VM0103, which I've read is the model number for all bases with this particular motor, 5200's whether it be 5200C and even the older 5000 had this model # apparently. Mine also has a manufactured date from 2010. The 5200 came out in 2007 I believe.THe Creations aren't supposed to be inferior, just made specially for QVC so while the motor is the same (except for the brand new motor of the Elite), they cut the cost of it by lowering the warranty & no soft grips. I was not happy with the Elite, and now having the reconditioned 5200 I definitely can tell the motor is different.For whoever has gotten the non soft grip container with their reconditioned, is it a 48 oz one? This would make sense because it looks like the soft grip is only made on the 64 oz container. What's odd is that last time I was on the website and when I bought mine it actually said "Reconditioned Blender with 64 oz Soft Grip Container" , and I just saw that the soft grip is gone from the title, however it is still listed under specifications, so you could probably still call Vitamix and argue that.