RemedySpot.com

NuNaturals stevia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have seen several of you say you use this brand. Have any of you tried any of

the flavored liquids?

I just read an article on Livestrong.com about the dangers of Stevia in the Raw.

Of course, that is the brand I have been using with my children.

I am trying to find a balance so I can feed my family better and stay sane. (Or

at least not go any crazier!)

Thanks,

Guest guest

i use it but have never tried the flavored ones though. and I love it! Patti From: reedamanda914

<areed77@...> Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 8:40 AM Subject: NuNaturals stevia

I have seen several of you say you use this brand. Have any of you tried any of the flavored liquids?

I just read an article on Livestrong.com about the dangers of Stevia in the Raw. Of course, that is the brand I have been using with my children.

I am trying to find a balance so I can feed my family better and stay sane. (Or at least not go any crazier!)

Thanks,

Guest guest

For those of you concerned about the additives in various brands of stevia, you

can easily grow your own stevia in a simple garden pot on a windowsill or porch.

I dehydrate the leaves then buzz them up in my Vitamix to make a powder. You

can also make a liquid by steeping the leaves in a little vodka or other carrier

to make a tincture, which can be stored in a glass bottle with a dropper for

easy use. Stevia is a very easy herb to grow.

>

> i use it but have never tried the flavored ones though.  and I love it!

>

>  

> Patti 

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: reedamanda914 <areed77@...>

>

> Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 8:40 AM

> Subject: NuNaturals stevia

>

>

>  

> I have seen several of you say you use this brand. Have any of you tried any

of the flavored liquids?

>

> I just read an article on Livestrong.com about the dangers of Stevia in the

Raw. Of course, that is the brand I have been using with my children.

>

> I am trying to find a balance so I can feed my family better and stay sane.

(Or at least not go any crazier!)

>

> Thanks,

>

>

Guest guest

I love the Sweet Leaf stevia flavors;  English Toffee is my favorite and I’ve heard people really like the Vanilla Crème…If I make berry or chocolate ice creams I use those stevia flavors.   Healthyeating.com has the best price I’ve found for Sweet Leaf.  If they still have the same offer, they were giving 1 bottle free when you buy 6, I think.  It comes close to $10/bottle; locally it’s $14 or more.  From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of reedamanda914Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 9:40 AM Subject: NuNaturals stevia I have seen several of you say you use this brand. Have any of you tried any of the flavored liquids?I just read an article on Livestrong.com about the dangers of Stevia in the Raw. Of course, that is the brand I have been using with my children. I am trying to find a balance so I can feed my family better and stay sane. (Or at least not go any crazier!)Thanks,

Guest guest

I have all the sweetleaf flavors but the NUNaturals brand doesnt have the aftertaste like the sweetleaf brand. Patti From:

Marsha <werus@...> Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 9:01 AM Subject: RE: NuNaturals stevia

I love the Sweet Leaf stevia flavors; English Toffee is my favorite and I’ve heard people really like the Vanilla Crème…If I make berry or chocolate ice creams I use those stevia flavors. Healthyeating.com has the best price I’ve found for Sweet Leaf. If they still have the same offer, they were giving 1 bottle free when you buy 6, I think. It comes close to $10/bottle; locally it’s $14 or more. From:

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of reedamanda914Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 9:40 AM Subject: NuNaturals stevia I have seen several of you say you use this brand. Have any of you tried any of the flavored liquids?I just read an article on Livestrong.com about the dangers of Stevia in the Raw. Of course, that is the brand I have been using with my children. I am trying to find a balance so I can feed my family better and stay sane. (Or at least not go any crazier!)Thanks,

Guest guest

I have been using liquid stevia for a few years now, and I'm so glad to have stumbled upon it when I did! I haven't used it much in baking yet (I use it primarily to sweeten my drinks - coffee, hot tea, iced tea, etc.). I'm really interested in starting to use it in baked goods.Last year I was at my local garden nursery, and saw that they had stevia plants for sale. Despite the fact that I have the blackest thumb ever known to man, I decided to buy the plant and put it in my garden. (You might be wondering why, if I have a blacker than black thumb, would I have a garden? I ask myself the same reason. In a fit of insanity, I talked my husband into helping me build and create 3 raised bed gardens. I'm telling you, it is HARD to turn a black thumb green! However, I persist...) So I planted this stevia plant in my garden at the beginning of the summer that was to become record breaking in terms of heat (we had 85 days of 100+ degree heat here in Austin!). That, plus the black state of my thumb, did my stevia plant in. :( It never did grow to be much of anything. My whole vegetable garden was a complete joke.However, I continue to persist...Winter garden fared a wee bit better, but not by a lot. Throughout the months, I have been (in)consistently adding fresh mulch (for a lack of knowing a more accurate term), made by adding any wilted or slightly past good veggies to my VM, adding water to the top of the veggie mark and blending the contents to a compost concoction) to the garden beds. I figured why waste all those wilting veggies in my fridge drawers? Fast forward to this spring... Things are looking better in my garden! I don't know if it's the liquid compost that has made a difference (the lower temperatures that we've had so far this year might be a factor, too), but my tomato plants are looking WAY better this year than they did this time last year. AND I have a stevia plant that is now growing BIG and FAST! So, I'm really excited about using the leaves to make my own liquid stevia (as has suggested doing)! I found the instructions in this link to be very helpful... http://www.foodrenegade.com/how-make-liquid-stevia-extract/Wish me luck! lol!FrannyOn May 25, 2012, at 8:54 AM, wrote:

For those of you concerned about the additives in various brands of stevia, you can easily grow your own stevia in a simple garden pot on a windowsill or porch. I dehydrate the leaves then buzz them up in my Vitamix to make a powder. You can also make a liquid by steeping the leaves in a little vodka or other carrier to make a tincture, which can be stored in a glass bottle with a dropper for easy use. Stevia is a very easy herb to grow.

>

> i use it but have never tried the flavored ones though. and I love it!

>

> Â

> PattiÂ

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: reedamanda914 <areed77@...>

>

> Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 8:40 AM

> Subject: NuNaturals stevia

>

>

> Â

> I have seen several of you say you use this brand. Have any of you tried any of the flavored liquids?

>

> I just read an article on Livestrong.com about the dangers of Stevia in the Raw. Of course, that is the brand I have been using with my children.

>

> I am trying to find a balance so I can feed my family better and stay sane. (Or at least not go any crazier!)

>

> Thanks,

>

>

Guest guest

I have no aftertaste with Sweet Leaf.….I even tried growing my own last year but it didn’t do well in this heat.  I’ve used stevia for well over 20 years; what is available today is much improved! From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of pattiSent: Friday, May 25, 2012 10:30 AM Subject: Re: NuNaturals stevia I have all the sweetleaf flavors but the NUNaturals brand doesnt have the aftertaste like the sweetleaf brand. Patti From: Marsha <werus@...> Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 9:01 AMSubject: RE: NuNaturals stevia I love the Sweet Leaf stevia flavors; English Toffee is my favorite and I’ve heard people really like the Vanilla Crème…If I make berry or chocolate ice creams I use those stevia flavors. Healthyeating.com has the best price I’ve found for Sweet Leaf. If they still have the same offer, they were giving 1 bottle free when you buy 6, I think. It comes close to $10/bottle; locally it’s $14 or more. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of reedamanda914Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 9:40 AM Subject: NuNaturals stevia I have seen several of you say you use this brand. Have any of you tried any of the flavored liquids?I just read an article on Livestrong.com about the dangers of Stevia in the Raw. Of course, that is the brand I have been using with my children. I am trying to find a balance so I can feed my family better and stay sane. (Or at least not go any crazier!)Thanks,

Guest guest

Hello ,I find this part of the article important to consider:Stevia in the Raw, also labeled as stevia extract, is a brand name for a concentrated extract of stevia. The cautions noted in this article are not intended to reflect specifically on that or any other specific brand.One of the cautions to consider is that many of the concerns about stevia are based on controversial studies whose control and design have not been universally accepted. So reliance on the negative possibilities may misdirect potential users away from decades of reportedly safe and constructive uses in many highly developed and technologically advanced countries.Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/99571-dangers-stevia-raw/#ixzz1vuEKFANc

I like NuNaturals Alchohol-Free brand…Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 25, 2012, at 9:40 AM, reedamanda914 wrote:

I have seen several of you say you use this brand. Have any of you tried any of the flavored liquids?

I just read an article on Livestrong.com about the dangers of Stevia in the Raw. Of course, that is the brand I have been using with my children.

I am trying to find a balance so I can feed my family better and stay sane. (Or at least not go any crazier!)

Thanks,

Guest guest

I just read an article on Livestrong.com that you should dry stevia leaves in

the sun 12 hours then grind them up and add a cup of water to every 1/4 cup

stevia leaves. Would water be better than vodka? Or would vodka be better than

water for using the stevia?

Janet

Guest guest

Yes, you " can " use water, but it will go bad very quickly. You need an alcohol

base to pull the full flavor out. You can burn off the alcohol after steeping

it by bringing it to a very low simmer for about 15 or 20 minutes. I have a

special contraption for making tinctures that heats it to the right temperature,

but I am sure you can do it on a stovetop if you keep a close eye on it-you

wouldn't want to bring it to an actual boil, or it will get syrupy and bitter.

>

> ,

> I just read an article on Livestrong.com that you should dry stevia leaves in

the sun 12 hours then grind them up and add a cup of water to every 1/4 cup

stevia leaves. Would water be better than vodka? Or would vodka be better than

water for using the stevia?

> Janet

>

Guest guest

Thanks, I'll go buy some Vodka today. I cut some stevia leaves off yesterday

and am drying them in my kitchen window. I would like to learn how to make

tinctures also. What gadget do you use for that? How do you press all the

liquid out of the herbs? My friends mother makes tinctures in another country

and they had someone make a press for them specially. I have not seen something

exactly like what they use here though.

Janet

Guest guest

I have been trying to find a link to the gadget I have, but I have no clue what

it is called, and haven't been able to find anything similar online-there is no

brand name on it, except in Japaneese, lol. I got it years ago at an oriental

store in Atlanta. It is electric, and you put your herbs in an infusion basket

as if you were making tea...it steeps the leaves, then concentrates the steam

into another chamber, then has a press thingy like in a french coffee press to

extract the remaining oils. Very cool, and I will keep looking to see if I can

find something online to give you an idea. I paid a good bit for it, and it is

much larger than I would like..I have looked for a smaller version for years

with no luck. I am going to Atlanta next week and will be checking that store

again to see if I can find anything similar.

>

> ,

> Thanks, I'll go buy some Vodka today. I cut some stevia leaves off yesterday

> Janet

>

Guest guest

I have been trying to find a link to the gadget I have, but I have no clue what

it is called, and haven't been able to find anything similar online-there is no

brand name on it, except in Japaneese, lol. I got it years ago at an oriental

store in Atlanta. It is electric, and you put your herbs in an infusion basket

as if you were making tea...it steeps the leaves, then concentrates the steam

into another chamber, then has a press thingy like in a french coffee press to

extract the remaining oils. Very cool, and I will keep looking to see if I can

find something online to give you an idea. I paid a good bit for it, and it is

much larger than I would like..I have looked for a smaller version for years

with no luck. I am going to Atlanta next week and will be checking that store

again to see if I can find anything similar.

>

> ,

> Thanks, I'll go buy some Vodka today. I cut some stevia leaves off yesterday

> Janet

>