Re: Love the 32 oz container size

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

But don't you want a DRY container, lol? (I use my dry more than any of the

others)

>

> I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered the 64 oz

last week, and with the 48 oz that came with my machine, I am done. lol.

>

> I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same as for the 64

oz container.

>

> Sherry

>

Guest guest

The only time I've ever caused the Vitamix to "chew up a tamper" (and it happened TWICE) was when I used the large tamper in a small container.Check out the two tampers side by side here:https://secure.vitamix.com/Vitamix-Tampers.aspxSee that bump in the middle? It is SUPPOSED to stop the tamper at the right place for the 32 oz. container and it WILL if you don't get overly enthusiastic whilst "tampering" :-) But I was making ice cream and really pounding the ice down towards the blades and pounded the tamper right through the hole. The second time I did that, I called Vitamix and ordered a mini tamper. GLAD to have it… (they are only $10).

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 4, 2012, at 11:55 AM, crenita2 wrote:

Excuse if this has been asked and answered but when you get the different size containers do they come with the appropriate size Tamper Stick ??

Guest guest

I had someone ask me about this not long ago, and I recommended the mini

tamper-she had been told the one tamper worked for any size

canister...unfortunately, she learned the hard way (as I have done) before she

asked!

>

> Excuse if this has been asked and answered but when you get the different size

containers do they come with the appropriate size Tamper Stick ??

>

Guest guest

I ordered the 48 oz (I had the 64 oz with the large tamper) and now i have the small tamper to go with my dry container. It is confusing! Now I am set! 3 containers and 2 tampers!! On Jun 4, 2012, at 5:52 PM, Sherry wrote:

I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered the 64 oz last week, and with the 48 oz that came with my machine, I am done. lol.

I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same as for the 64 oz container.

Sherry

Guest guest

, what all do you do with the dry container? I don't have a clue other

than to grind grains. And I don't see myself doing that.

Sherry

>

> > I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered the 64 oz

> >

> > I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same as for the

64 oz container.

> >

> > Sherry

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I do grind grains of all kinds. I am gluten free, but my daughter isn't, so we

grind everything from wheat berries, rice, beans, lentils, chickpeas, spelt,

buckwheat, red quinoa, whole oat groats, etc. I also dehydrate a lot of fruits

and veggies and buzz them up into powder (for seasoning, broth, adding to baked

goods, etc) If you ever make your own flour, be it for bread, muffins,

breadings for fried foods, etc., you will wonder how you ever stood the taste of

store bought flour. You can also grind coffee beans, dried herbs, and do all

sorts of chopping in it. If you don't use much flour, you may not want a dry

container, but as I said-if you ever try fresh milled flour, you won't look

back! Being gluten free is expensive if you buy the nasty store bought gluten

free flours-WAY overpriced, not to mention that they are usually cross

contaminated with other grains ground on the same production lines, so for me,

the dry container is essential. You can also make your own cornmeal from

organic popcorn.

> >

> > > I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered the 64 oz

> > >

> > > I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same as for

the 64 oz container.

> > >

> > > Sherry

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Do you ever worry about cross contamination with the dry container doing both glutenous grains and GF (or the wet one with other things)? My son has many food allergies and I wondered if I would need to worry about the container being truly allergy free clean, especially with something like gluten. I haven't yet received my vitamix. i have a couple more weeks to wait still! -but am learning so much just listening to all the input here. (kinda itching to try some of the tips and ideas though!) :D Thanks! On Jun 4, 2012, at 9:26 PM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote: I do grind grains of all kinds. I am gluten free, but my daughter isn't, so we grind everything from wheat berries, rice, beans, lentils, chickpeas, spelt, buckwheat, red quinoa, whole oat groats, etc. I also dehydrate a lot of fruits and veggies and buzz them up into powder (for seasoning, broth, adding to baked goods, etc) If you ever make your own flour, be it for bread, muffins, breadings for fried foods, etc., you will wonder how you ever stood the taste of store bought flour. You can also grind coffee beans, dried herbs, and do all sorts of chopping in it. If you don't use much flour, you may not want a dry container, but as I said-if you ever try fresh milled flour, you won't look back! Being gluten free is expensive if you buy the nasty store bought gluten free flours-WAY overpriced, not to mention that they are usually cross contaminated with other grains ground on the same production lines, so for me, the dry container is essential. You can also make your own cornmeal from organic popcorn.> > > > > I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered the 64 oz last week, and with the 48 oz that came with my machine, I am done. lol. > > > > > > I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same as for the 64 oz container. > > > > > > Sherry> > > > > >> >>

Guest guest

Actually, the Vitamix is the ONLY gadget in my kitchen that I don't worry about

cross contamination with. We have separate toasters, rice cookers, etc. but it

is so easy to buzz the VM clean, and to SEE that it is clean, that I don't

hesitate to use it for gluten grains. I grind those in my downstairs kitchen,

bag and store them there, so there is no cross contamination in my upstairs

kitchen, which is dedicated gluten free. I cook everything in a solar oven

outside, so I don't worry about cross contamination there either. It is

ESSENTIAL to anyone with allergies to avoid cross contamination, as I am sure

you know-I feel safe with the Vitamix. How old is your son? I have LOADS of

experience with food allergies, having been pretty much allergic to the planet

for most of my life, so I have learned many substitutions and tricks-happy to

share them with you, if needed. The Vitamix is a MUST for an allergy friendly

diet, since anything you buy pre prepared IS cross contaminated. Excited for

you getting your new toy!

> > > >

> > > > > I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered the 64

oz last week, and with the 48 oz that came with my machine, I am done. lol.

> > > > >

> > > > > I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same as

for the 64 oz container.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sherry

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Oh it is so much fun to have people who "get it"! My son is 8. He has 2 rare seizure disorders and is on the Autism Spectrum. Of course the medical field does not recognize his allergies as such. We took him to a naturopath dr and they said he had delayed food allergies to ~30foods! Being GF is hard, but he also cannot have rice, oats, or any legumes ( the nice go to GF flours) so we have gotten creative...however, right now I'm in kind of a lazy patch. I'm excited to hear about your wealth of experience, sorry that you're allergic to "the planet" lol. Would love any tips that you share. Not sure what my Qs are yet. But for sure, allergies are a very difficult thing, and require so much extra energy and planning! Others' tips and experiences are gems!So you think that the vitamix won't hold on to particles even though you don't disassemble the blade and all that? What about peanut butter? It just sounds scary to me, but I don't know...Thanks for your input! Can't wait for my vitamix!! I ordered the 32/64 combo and the dry!-so ill be able to do it all! ;)On Jun 4, 2012, at 10:02 PM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote: Actually, the Vitamix is the ONLY gadget in my kitchen that I don't worry about cross contamination with. We have separate toasters, rice cookers, etc. but it is so easy to buzz the VM clean, and to SEE that it is clean, that I don't hesitate to use it for gluten grains. I grind those in my downstairs kitchen, bag and store them there, so there is no cross contamination in my upstairs kitchen, which is dedicated gluten free. I cook everything in a solar oven outside, so I don't worry about cross contamination there either. It is ESSENTIAL to anyone with allergies to avoid cross contamination, as I am sure you know-I feel safe with the Vitamix. How old is your son? I have LOADS of experience with food allergies, having been pretty much allergic to the planet for most of my life, so I have learned many substitutions and tricks-happy to share them with you, if needed. The Vitamix is a MUST for an allergy friendly diet, since anything you buy pre prepared IS cross contaminated. Excited for you getting your new toy!> > > > > > > > > I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered the 64 oz last week, and with the 48 oz that came with my machine, I am done. lol. > > > > > > > > > > I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same as for the 64 oz container. > > > > > > > > > > Sherry> > > > > > > > > >> > > >> > >> > > >>

Guest guest

Whew. That settles it then. I don't plan on grinding any type of grain or

dried fruit. I had considered grinding coffee or almonds to make almond flour

but I don't want to purchase the dry container only for that.

Sherry

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered

the 64 oz last week, and with the 48 oz that came with my machine, I am done.

lol.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same

as for the 64 oz container.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sherry

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I have quite a bit of experience with the autism spectrum, and I SOOO know what you mean about traditional doctors not embracing allergies, especially delayed reactions, and blowing off the whole theory! You are more than welcome to email me offlist, and I also have an allergy group you are welcome to join-lots of good info on there. You might want to consider keeping the 32 oz just for his needs, but as you know, just having his allergens in the house is a problem. Though it is often hard to put the entire family on the diet, sometimes it is necessary! I am surprised you can do peanut butter at all? Anyway, feel free to email me and I will give you the link for my allergy group-love to see you there.Sent from my iPadOn Jun 4, 2012, at 10:43 PM, ", Catanzaro" <thecatfam@...> wrote:

Oh it is so much fun to have people who "get it"! My son is 8. He has 2 rare seizure disorders and is on the Autism Spectrum. Of course the medical field does not recognize his allergies as such. We took him to a naturopath dr and they said he had delayed food allergies to ~30foods! Being GF is hard, but he also cannot have rice, oats, or any legumes ( the nice go to GF flours) so we have gotten creative...however, right now I'm in kind of a lazy patch. I'm excited to hear about your wealth of experience, sorry that you're allergic to "the planet" lol. Would love any tips that you share. Not sure what my Qs are yet. But for sure, allergies are a very difficult thing, and require so much extra energy and planning! Others' tips and experiences are gems!So you think that the vitamix won't hold on to particles even though you don't disassemble the blade and all that? What about peanut butter? It just sounds scary to me, but I don't know...Thanks for your input! Can't wait for my vitamix!! I ordered the 32/64 combo and the dry!-so ill be able to do it all! ;)On Jun 4, 2012, at 10:02 PM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote:

Actually, the Vitamix is the ONLY gadget in my kitchen that I don't worry about cross contamination with. We have separate toasters, rice cookers, etc. but it is so easy to buzz the VM clean, and to SEE that it is clean, that I don't hesitate to use it for gluten grains. I grind those in my downstairs kitchen, bag and store them there, so there is no cross contamination in my upstairs kitchen, which is dedicated gluten free. I cook everything in a solar oven outside, so I don't worry about cross contamination there either. It is ESSENTIAL to anyone with allergies to avoid cross contamination, as I am sure you know-I feel safe with the Vitamix. How old is your son? I have LOADS of experience with food allergies, having been pretty much allergic to the planet for most of my life, so I have learned many substitutions and tricks-happy to share them with you, if needed. The Vitamix is a MUST for an allergy friendly diet, since anything you buy pre prepared IS cross contaminated. Excited for you getting your new toy!

> > > >

> > > > > I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered the 64 oz last week, and with the 48 oz that came with my machine, I am done. lol.

> > > > >

> > > > > I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same as for the 64 oz container.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sherry

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

=

Guest guest

,How/what do you grind for flour? My son is highly allergic to wheat/gluten, amount other things. I tried making my own rice flour, but it turned out terrible. What is your favorite flour mix for bread?Thanks!On Jun 4, 2012, at 9:26 PM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote: I do grind grains of all kinds. I am gluten free, but my daughter isn't, so we grind everything from wheat berries, rice, beans, lentils, chickpeas, spelt, buckwheat, red quinoa, whole oat groats, etc. I also dehydrate a lot of fruits and veggies and buzz them up into powder (for seasoning, broth, adding to baked goods, etc) If you ever make your own flour, be it for bread, muffins, breadings for fried foods, etc., you will wonder how you ever stood the taste of store bought flour. You can also grind coffee beans, dried herbs, and do all sorts of chopping in it. If you don't use much flour, you may not want a dry container, but as I said-if you ever try fresh milled flour, you won't look back! Being gluten free is expensive if you buy the nasty store bought gluten free flours-WAY overpriced, not to mention that they are usually cross contaminated with other grains ground on the same production lines, so for me, the dry container is essential. You can also make your own cornmeal from organic popcorn.> > > > > I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered the 64 oz last week, and with the 48 oz that came with my machine, I am done. lol. > > > > > > I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same as for the 64 oz container. > > > > > > Sherry> > > > > >> >>

Guest guest

I grind everything in to flour, lol. My favorite blend is certified gluten free

organic oat groats, buckwheat groats and red quinoa-the blend seems to be just

right for batter breads, muffins, etc-I use equal parts of each. I also do

kamut, spelt, beans, legumes, lentils, chickpeas, almonds, coconut, etc. If you

tried making rice flour from " enriched " rice or quick cooking rice, the result

won;t be good (by the way, " enriched " flour contains gluten although it is

labeled gluten free (there is wheat starch in the crap they spray on the rice to

" enrich " it. Do you know what type of rice you used? I use organic brown rice,

mochi rice, forbidden rice, or other safe rices. You are also welcome to email

me off list to berrywell@... if you would like to join my allergy group or

need more info.

> >> > >

> >> > > > I have now ordered the 32 oz size today. So with having ordered the

64 oz last week, and with the 48 oz that came with my machine, I am done. lol.

> >> > > >

> >> > > > I ask about the tamper for the 32 oz and she said it is the same as

for the 64 oz container.

> >> > > >

> >> > > > Sherry

> >> > > >

> >> > > >

> >> > >

> >> >

> >>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

, do you have a go to recipe for an all purpose gluten free flour that you make in the VM? I am currently grain free but plan to eventually return to some grains but still no gluten. My mother is also gluten free and has been for quite some time so I would love to make some flour for her as she does a LOT of baking!Thank you,TJI do grind grains of all kinds. I am gluten free, but my daughter isn't, so we grind everything from wheat berries, rice, beans, lentils, chickpeas, spelt, buckwheat, red quinoa, whole oat groats, etc. I also dehydrate a lot of fruits and veggies and buzz them up into powder (for seasoning, broth, adding to baked goods, etc) If you ever make your own flour, be it for bread, muffins, breadings for fried foods, etc., you will wonder how you ever stood the taste of store bought flour. You can also grind coffee beans, dried herbs, and do all sorts of chopping in it. If you don't use much flour, you may not want a dry container, but as I said-if you ever try fresh milled flour, you won't look back! Being gluten free is expensive if you buy the nasty store bought gluten free flours-WAY overpriced, not to mention that they are usually cross contaminated with other grains ground on the same production lines, so for me, the dry container is essential. You can also make your own cornmeal from organic popcorn.

Guest guest

1)  I have ground up almond pulp in my regular cheap-o blender, and it worked.  The flour did get hot, though.  I imagine the Vitamix would work much better!2)  On that note, I was on a site that highly recommends the Vitamix but says not to use it to grind grains because it gets them too hot.  The site recommended a particular grain mill for grains and the Vitamix for everything else.  It said the heat would lower the nutrients of the flour.  Any opinions on that?  The Vitamix dry container is a lot cheaper than the grain mill they recommended...and like I said, I have used a regular blender to grind grains, although it didn't work that well.

I am interested in getting into grinding my own flours for the taste and nutrition, but I am not sure what to invest in.  --

Guest guest

Hello, . I have quite a bit of experience with grain grinding, having

owned a Vitamix for over 30 years, and having tried many of the grain mills on

the market. First, the site you were on probably was selling a grain mill? If

so, it is in their best interest to promote their product and deter you from

purchasing another. The Vitamix does tend to get hot, but it grinds flour so

quickly that it really doesn't matter. I prefer to grind " as needed " anyway, so

my flour is always nice and fresh, so buzzing up a batch for a couple of loaves

of bread doesn't really give the VM time to get too hot. I also grind my grains

straight from the freezer, and that keeps them cool too. If I am grinding a LOT

of flour at one time, I will just allow the machine to cool off for a few

minutes between batches. I have or do own many of the various grain mills on

the market, and although I do like the results they produce, I find the Vitamix

give JUST as good of a flour, and is far easier to clean up! If I were you, I

wouldn't hesitate to get the dry container and just make the best use of the

wonderful machine you already have! As you probably know, our Lea Ann can get

you a great deal on the dry container, so I recommend ordering from her.

>

> 1) I have ground up almond pulp in my regular cheap-o blender, and it

> worked. The flour did get hot, though. I imagine the Vitamix would work

> much better!

>

> 2) On that note, I was on a site that highly recommends the Vitamix but

> says not to use it to grind grains because it gets them too hot. The site

> recommended a particular grain mill for grains and the Vitamix for

> everything else. It said the heat would lower the nutrients of the flour.

> Any opinions on that? The Vitamix dry container is a lot cheaper than the

> grain mill they recommended...and like I said, I have used a regular

> blender to grind grains, although it didn't work that well.

>

> I am interested in getting into grinding my own flours for the taste and

> nutrition, but I am not sure what to invest in.

>

> --

>