RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: I think I'm too short for my vitamix!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have the creations elite w the 48 oz container and have made ice cream and sorbets successfully :)

koffeekam <kmcdonald24@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: I think I'm too short for my vitamix!

Sent:

Fri, Jul 13, 2012 4:43:21 PM

Lea Ann, Just a question on the speeds...I still have trouble with frozen things. I have NEVER EVER gotten the 4 mounds. I have followed your suggestions from a previous thread I had posted and the texture has definitely improved (it is acceptable) but I still don't get 4 mounds. As you suggested, I never do a partial recipe anymore and I have gotten very aggressive with the tamper.

I have almost given up using the Vitamix for frozen sorbet or ice cream.

But, seeing the speed thing brought up...I have the new Creations Elite. It does not have HIGH. It has the variable 1-10 and Pulse. Have you had a chance to work with the new motor yet? I believe this is the way the new machines are going?

After I had followed your suggestions, I had even called Vitamix to ask about the difference in the machines (was considering returning the Creations Elite and getting the 5200) and the customer Service person was adamant that the newer motors (like what I have in the Creations Elite) was the new motor and was IMPROVED.

So, now I am thinking this is why I am not getting the 4 mounds.

Does anyone else with the Creations Elite 48-oz container (from QVC special value in April) get the 4 mounds with the forzen items?

THANKS!

Kathleen

>

> I'm wondering if my height is creating a problem while operating my VM...whenever i make banana ice cream, i put it on high and i use the tamper, but it smells like something in the motor is burning...i've had my VM since Feb this year. I wonder if when I'm using my tamper to push down if the angle isn't quite right for me and if i'm pushing the container or moving it in a way that's causing the gears to rub...

>

>

>

> I hope this makes sense and does anyone else have this problem? If that's the case I need to find a lower table to put it on...

>

> --

> Natalia

>

> There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

>

Guest guest

I have the same machine, and also have had great success...don't give up! Ginny From: Mihaela Haas <mihaela.haas@...> ; Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 7:05 PM Subject: Re: Re: I think I'm too short for my vitamix!

I have the creations elite w the 48 oz container and have made ice cream and sorbets successfully :)

koffeekam <kmcdonald24@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: I think I'm too short for my vitamix!

Sent:

Fri, Jul 13, 2012 4:43:21 PM

Lea Ann, Just a question on the speeds...I still have trouble with frozen things. I have NEVER EVER gotten the 4 mounds. I have followed your suggestions from a previous thread I had posted and the texture has definitely improved (it is acceptable) but I still don't get 4 mounds. As you suggested, I never do a partial recipe anymore and I have gotten very aggressive with the tamper.

I have almost given up using the Vitamix for frozen sorbet or ice cream.

But, seeing the speed thing brought up...I have the new Creations Elite. It does not have HIGH. It has the variable 1-10 and Pulse. Have you had a chance to work with the new motor yet? I believe this is the way the new machines are going?

After I had followed your suggestions, I had even called Vitamix to ask about the difference in the machines (was considering returning the Creations Elite and getting the 5200) and the customer Service person was adamant that the newer motors (like what I have in the Creations Elite) was the new motor and was IMPROVED.

So, now I am thinking this is why I am not getting the 4 mounds.

Does anyone else with the Creations Elite 48-oz container (from QVC special value in April) get the 4 mounds with the forzen items?

THANKS!

Kathleen

>

> I'm wondering if my height is creating a problem while operating my VM...whenever i make banana ice cream, i put it on high and i use the tamper, but it smells like something in the motor is burning...i've had my VM since Feb this year. I wonder if when I'm using my tamper to push down if the angle isn't quite right for me and if i'm pushing the container or moving it in a way that's causing the gears to rub...

>

>

>

> I hope this makes sense and does anyone else have this problem? If that's the case I need to find a lower table to put it on...

>

> --

> Natalia

>

> There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

>