RemedySpot.com

Re: Frappachino

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Added to archives here:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Coffee Drinks/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Coffee_Drinks_001338994533/…and the irony is, that I am sitting in a Starbucks as I type this!!!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 6, 2012, at 8:20 AM, flnancy1958 wrote:

I have posted something similar before but a reminder for newbies.

Made this today and if I do say so myself, just as good as going to Starbucks.

I combine a handful of white chocolate chip morsels and half a tall glass of vanilla almond milk (commercial Almond Breeze version, but the lower calorie vanilla) and heaping spoonful or two of instant coffee in the container and buzz until you can't hear the morsels anymore. Then I go and measure 3/4 of the tall glass of ice and then add that into the container and finish buzzing it. You can add a frozen banana if you desire or some yougurt I am sure or another flavor if chips. Experiment, whatever you do it will be delicious and cheaper than Starbucks. You already made the big investment on your Vitamix!

Enjoy!

Guest guest

I would blend with a SMALL amount of the almond milk (1 cup) until it warms up and the chips are melted - then add more of the ice (possibly consider freezing some almond milk into ice cubes for an even richer flavor). Also - you wouldn't over-dilute it this way by increasing the frozen to compensate for the warm…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 6, 2012, at 9:37 AM, Leanne Spiller wrote:

Thanks , My daughter said she tried this with choc chips but they get stuck to the bottom of the continer....any suggestions?

Leanne

Guest guest

I did make it using Lea Ann's suggestion, and used dark chocolate chips - yummy and as good as Starbucks!Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 8:00 AM Subject: Re: Frappachino

Added to archives here:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Coffee Drinks/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Coffee_Drinks_001338994533/…and the irony is, that I am sitting in a Starbucks as I type this!!!

On Jun 6, 2012, at 8:20 AM, flnancy1958 wrote:

I have posted something similar before but a reminder for newbies.

Made this today and if I do say so myself, just as good as going to Starbucks.

I combine a handful of white chocolate chip morsels and half a tall glass of vanilla almond milk (commercial Almond Breeze version, but the lower calorie vanilla) and heaping spoonful or two of instant coffee in the container and buzz until you can't hear the morsels anymore. Then I go and measure 3/4 of the tall glass of ice and then add that into the container and finish buzzing it. You can add a frozen banana if you desire or some yougurt I am sure or another flavor if chips. Experiment, whatever you do it will be delicious and cheaper than Starbucks. You already made the big investment on your Vitamix!

Enjoy!

Guest guest

I once tried to buzz the chips alone and that made the biggest mess. I can put

the chips on the bottom of the container and then add the liquid and haven't had

any problems. I do buzz in two steps. Chips, milk and instant coffee first and

after I don't hear the chips moving around go back and add in ice. I also will

move the speed from high back to low and then back to high to get everything all

blended before I stop machine and add in ice. Let me know how that works.

>

> >

> > Thanks , My daughter said she tried this with choc chips but they

> > get stuck to the bottom of the continer....any suggestions?

> >

>

> Leanne

>

Guest guest

I have been making my girlfriend something similar in my blendtec. It is very close to a starbucks java chip. 1/4 cup coffee1/2 cup milk3 tbs chocolate chips2 oz chocolate syrup 1 1/2 cups ice.top with whip cream if desired. I use the ice crush cycle and it comes out perfect. I have made this about 2 dozen times and have double the recipe for friends a few times as well. I have not had any trouble with chocolate chips (or anything for that matter) getting stuck under the blades of my blendtec. Brad

Guest guest

No problem in my Vitamix for the frappachino - and it was smooth and yummyGinny From: Brad Washkowiak <braddaman1@...> Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 4:55 PM Subject: Re: Frappachino

I have been making my girlfriend something similar in my blendtec. It is very close to a starbucks java chip. 1/4 cup coffee1/2 cup milk3 tbs chocolate chips2 oz chocolate syrup 1 1/2 cups ice.top with whip cream if desired. I use the ice crush cycle and it comes out perfect. I have made this about 2 dozen times and have double the recipe for friends a few times as well. I have not had any trouble with chocolate chips (or anything for that matter) getting stuck under the blades of my blendtec. Brad

Guest guest

is this coffee beans or instant coffee….sorry if that is a silly question--i'm not a coffee person--but would love to make this for those that aretamiOn Jun 6, 2012, at 7:55 PM, Brad Washkowiak wrote:

Guest guest

I bought a box of folgers instant coffee. There were 12 individual servings. When I make this I just add the water and milk to my jar and then add the coffee and the rest of the ingredients and let my blendtec to the rest. I would think regular coffee would work OK but I have not experimented this. Brad

Guest guest

That is actually a valid question. I have seen recipes using brewed coffee,

coffee beans and instant coffee granules.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

Tami <tcarter27@...> wrote:

>is this coffee beans or instant coffee….sorry if that is a silly

question--i'm not a coffee person--but would love to make this for those that

are

>

>tami

>On Jun 6, 2012, at 7:55 PM, Brad Washkowiak wrote:

>

>> I have been making my girlfriend something similar in my blendtec. It is

very close to a starbucks java chip.

>>

>> 1/4 cup coffee

>> 1/2 cup milk

>> 3 tbs chocolate chips

>> 2 oz chocolate syrup

>> 1 1/2 cups ice.

>> top with whip cream if desired.

>>

>> I use the ice crush cycle and it comes out perfect.

>> I have made this about 2 dozen times and have double the recipe for friends a

few times as well. I have not had any trouble with chocolate chips (or anything

for that matter) getting stuck under the blades of my blendtec.

>>

>> Brad

>>

>>

>>

>

Guest guest

I figure that when I add the ice I get the extra water, otherwise use the almond

milk in mine with the instant coffee.

>

> I bought a box of folgers instant coffee.  There were 12 individual servings.

> When I make this I just add the water and milk to my jar and then add the

coffee and the rest of the ingredients and let my blendtec to the rest.

>

> I would think regular coffee would work OK but I have not experimented this. 

>

> Brad

>