RemedySpot.com

Re: Funny how things work out. (regarding my new purchase from Costco)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello yorkiebeebs2 ;-)If it is any consolation, the new machine is running $499 at Costco (the retail price is $599 at 's Sonoma). You paid $399.I haven't used the pre-sets (except ONLY briefly at training at the Home Office recently) and am not a big fan of the pre-sets. The ONLY big difference (aside from the pre-sets) that I can see is the pulse button (not a big deal because I always pulse with the on/off switch on my 5200), and the fact that the fan is running on all of the variable speeds (and not just the high speed as in the 5200.I'm not sure that the improvements I mentioned are worth an extra $100 - my 5200 has served me WONDERFULLY for the past (almost) 5 years, and as I said in an earlier email - I would NOT upgrade if it wasn't important to me to have first hand knowledge of how the newer models work so that I can inform my customers.My thoughts for what they are worth ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 25, 2012, at 4:25 PM, yorkiebeebs2 wrote:

So I've had my new Vitamix that I purchased at Costco about 5 days ago. It's the 5200. Now I hear they are going to sell a new updated Vitamix. I'm always just a little ahead of the new product coming out. I'm obviously not going to run out and buy another machine but it is frustrating to me. Once you spend this much money you feel committed and somehow I feel cheated that I didn't have any idea that there was a new one being released. That always seems to be the way it is. Oh well mine just has to be good enough. I had to talk myself into buying this thing with many conversations and I went back and forth before finally buying it. Now I have a commitment with myself that if I don't use it for one thing or another everyday, it's going back. So far so good and I'm gradually getting tastier and tastier smoothies. I'm getting interested in trying the soup. The sample that I tried at costco was very good. I could have eaten a bowl of it. I hope I can make some as good. The demonstrator said the recipe is in the book. So we'll see. I guess I was venting a little wasn't I...thanks for being patient.

Guest guest

I know and understand how you feel. About 1 week after I bought my blendtec they came out with the designer series. BradReligion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds

Guest guest

I knew the new models BUT I KNEW that the 5200 is an awesome macine and purposely chose the less expensive reconditioned model. I'm perfectly happy and hope those that bought the 5200 not knowing, just enjoy and worry about a new model out there. You have a well proven and loved macine and it's money well spent. GinnySent from Ginny's iPhone

I Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds

=

Guest guest

Be sure to check out Lea Ann's page at www.blenderlady.com for the real recipe

used at shows.

>

> So I've had my new Vitamix that I purchased at Costco about 5 days ago. It's

the 5200. Now I hear they are going to sell a new updated Vitamix. I'm always

just a little ahead of the new product coming out. I'm obviously not going to

run out and buy another machine but it is frustrating to me. Once you spend

this much money you feel committed and somehow I feel cheated that I didn't have

any idea that there was a new one being released. That always seems to be the

way it is. Oh well mine just has to be good enough. I had to talk myself into

buying this thing with many conversations and I went back and forth before

finally buying it. Now I have a commitment with myself that if I don't use it

for one thing or another everyday, it's going back. So far so good and I'm

gradually getting tastier and tastier smoothies. I'm getting interested in

trying the soup. The sample that I tried at costco was very good. I could have

eaten a bowl of it. I hope I can make some as good. The demonstrator said the

recipe is in the book. So we'll see. I guess I was venting a little wasn't

I...thanks for being patient.

>

Guest guest

I ordered mine from the Costco.com and paid $499 because it included the smaller

dry container. I would have chosen the new model at the store if I had been

given that option. Which I wasn't.

>

run out and buy another machine but it is frustrating to me. Once you spend this

much money you feel committed and somehow I feel cheated that I didn't have any

idea that there was a new one being released. That always seems to be the way it

is. Oh well mine just has to be good enough. I had to talk myself into buying

this thing with many conversations and I went back and forth before finally

buying it. Now I have a commitment with myself that if I don't use it for one

thing or another everyday, it's going back. So far so good and I'm gradually

getting tastier and tastier smoothies. I'm getting interested in trying the

soup. The sample that I tried at costco was very good. I could have eaten a bowl

of it. I hope I can make some as good. The demonstrator said the recipe is in

the book. So we'll see. I guess I was venting a little wasn't I...thanks for

being patient.

>

Guest guest

I hear ya... I bought my Mac Book Air 2 days before the new model came out. They would not let me make an exchange!Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321) 961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)Philippians 4:8----- Reply message -----From: " yorkiebeebs2 " <yorkiebeebs2@...>< >Subject: Re: Funny how things work out. (regarding my new purchase from Costco)Date: Tue, Jun 26, 2012 2:36 PMI ordered mine from the Costco.com and paid $499 because it included the smaller dry container. I would have chosen the new model at the store if I had been given that option. Which I wasn't.> > So I've had my new Vitamix that I purchased at Costco about 5 days ago. It's the 5200. Now I hear they are going to sell a new updated Vitamix. I'm always just a little ahead of the new product coming out. I'm obviously not going to run out and buy another machine but it is frustrating to me. Once you spend this much money you feel committed and somehow I feel cheated that I didn't have any idea that there was a new one being released. That always seems to be the way it is. Oh well mine just has to be good enough. I had to talk myself into buying this thing with many conversations and I went back and forth before finally buying it. Now I have a commitment with myself that if I don't use it for one thing or another everyday, it's going back. So far so good and I'm gradually getting tastier and tastier smoothies. I'm getting interested in trying the soup. The sample that I tried at costco was very good. I could have eaten a bowl of it. I hope I can make some as good. The demonstrator said the recipe is in the book. So we'll see. I guess I was venting a little wasn't I...thanks for being patient.>

Guest guest

Don't worry.  You're not the only one.  I just got my 5200 as well, and was a little annoyed that a new model was coming out after i already made my purchase.  Having said that, I think I'm okay with not having the presets.  As LeeAnn has said in previous threads, it can be good to have more control over the settings.  I think if a preset button didn't end up being enough time to blend an item, it would be even more annoying to have to manually continue blending.  I think it would defeat the purpose of the convenience.  That's how I'm justifying it anyway.  LOL

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM, yorkiebeebs2 <yorkiebeebs2@...> wrote:

So I've had my new Vitamix that I purchased at Costco about 5 days ago. It's the 5200. Now I hear they are going to sell a new updated Vitamix. I'm always just a little ahead of the new product coming out. I'm obviously not going to run out and buy another machine but it is frustrating to me. Once you spend this much money you feel committed and somehow I feel cheated that I didn't have any idea that there was a new one being released. That always seems to be the way it is. Oh well mine just has to be good enough. I had to talk myself into buying this thing with many conversations and I went back and forth before finally buying it. Now I have a commitment with myself that if I don't use it for one thing or another everyday, it's going back. So far so good and I'm gradually getting tastier and tastier smoothies. I'm getting interested in trying the soup. The sample that I tried at costco was very good. I could have eaten a bowl of it. I hope I can make some as good. The demonstrator said the recipe is in the book. So we'll see. I guess I was venting a little wasn't I...thanks for being patient.

Guest guest

That is how I felt about the presets when I owned a Blendtec.  I much prefer the knobs and switches of my VM!Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Jim Gillespie <jagman2458@...> wrote:

Don't worry.  You're not the only one.  I just got my 5200 as well, and was a little annoyed that a new model was coming out after i already made my purchase.  Having said that, I think I'm okay with not having the presets.  As LeeAnn has said in previous threads, it can be good to have more control over the settings.  I think if a preset button didn't end up being enough time to blend an item, it would be even more annoying to have to manually continue blending.  I think it would defeat the purpose of the convenience.  That's how I'm justifying it anyway.  LOL

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM, yorkiebeebs2 <yorkiebeebs2@...> wrote:

Guest guest

I don't know much about Blendtec but the Vitamix presets do not preclude you from using the machine manually. I find the presets useful for routine blending. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Rena GlubaySent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:47 AM Subject: Re: Funny how things work out. (regarding my new purchase from Costco) That is how I felt about the presets when I owned a Blendtec. I much prefer the knobs and switches of my VM!RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Jim Gillespie <jagman2458@...> wrote: Don't worry. You're not the only one. I just got my 5200 as well, and was a little annoyed that a new model was coming out after i already made my purchase. Having said that, I think I'm okay with not having the presets. As LeeAnn has said in previous threads, it can be good to have more control over the settings. I think if a preset button didn't end up being enough time to blend an item, it would be even more annoying to have to manually continue blending. I think it would defeat the purpose of the convenience. That's how I'm justifying it anyway. LOLOn Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM, yorkiebeebs2 <yorkiebeebs2@...> wrote: So I've had my new Vitamix that I purchased at Costco about 5 days ago. It's the 5200. Now I hear they are going to sell a new updated Vitamix. I'm always just a little ahead of the new product coming out. I'm obviously not going to run out and buy another machine but it is frustrating to me. Once you spend this much money you feel committed and somehow I feel cheated that I didn't have any idea that there was a new one being released. That always seems to be the way it is. Oh well mine just has to be good enough. I had to talk myself into buying this thing with many conversations and I went back and forth before finally buying it. Now I have a commitment with myself that if I don't use it for one thing or another everyday, it's going back. So far so good and I'm gradually getting tastier and tastier smoothies. I'm getting interested in trying the soup. The sample that I tried at costco was very good. I could have eaten a bowl of it. I hope I can make some as good. The demonstrator said the recipe is in the book. So we'll see. I guess I was venting a little wasn't I...thanks for being patient.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Lea AnnI hear members talking about both VitaMix and Blendtec. Iwas talking to someone the other day at Costco and they say they have a HealthMaster that they love to make their smoothies. Does anyone know about the HealthMaster? I never heard of it.

Ed in SF, COn Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello yorkiebeebs2 ;-)If it is any consolation, the new machine is running $499 at Costco (the retail price is $599 at 's Sonoma).  You paid $399.I haven't used the pre-sets (except ONLY briefly at training at the Home Office recently) and am not a big fan of the pre-sets.  The ONLY big difference (aside from the pre-sets) that I can see is the pulse button (not a big deal because I always pulse with the on/off switch on my 5200), and the fact that the fan is running on all of the variable speeds (and not just the high speed as in the 5200.

I'm not sure that the improvements I mentioned are worth an extra $100 - my 5200 has served me WONDERFULLY for the past (almost) 5 years, and as I said in an earlier email - I would NOT upgrade if it wasn't important to me to have first hand knowledge of how the newer models work so that I can inform my customers.

My thoughts for what they are worth ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 25, 2012, at 4:25 PM, yorkiebeebs2 wrote:

Guest guest

DON'T BUY THE HEALTHMASTER. I bought one and didn't use it right away. Then I

decided to start making juices and smoothies. I made breakfast smoothies for a

month. During this time, as I was researching making healthy smoothies and

juices, I came across this group and so many praises about the vitamix. I wanted

one, but couldn't quite justify buying it. So I kept reading this comment. Well,

I decided to buy it anyway. About 3 weeks ago, I noticed that the Healthmaster

was leaking out of the bottom of the pitcher. It started out small. Then it was

a bunch of black goo coming out. So I had my justification. I ordered the 750

last week . Then I went to Costco to see a demonstration just to get questions

answered while I was waiting for it to come in the mail. I took my husband with

me. He was shocked about the cost. But when he saw the demonstration and tasted

how the smoothies were so much more smoother, he was SOLD. Well, my VM came on

Monday evening. I made my first smoothie Tuesday morning and I was in love. The

Healthmaster went with the Tuesday Trash Truck.

Guest guest

I hope that at least the trash truck was thankful. LOLDennis> > From: tanyab@...> Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:33:08 +0000> Subject: Re: Funny how things work out. (regarding my new purchase from Costco)> > DON'T BUY THE HEALTHMASTER. I bought one and didn't use it right away. Then I decided to start making juices and smoothies. I made breakfast smoothies for a month. During this time, as I was researching making healthy smoothies and juices, I came across this group and so many praises about the vitamix. I wanted one, but couldn't quite justify buying it. So I kept reading this comment. Well, I decided to buy it anyway. About 3 weeks ago, I noticed that the Healthmaster was leaking out of the bottom of the pitcher. It started out small. Then it was a bunch of black goo coming out. So I had my justification. I ordered the 750 last week . Then I went to Costco to see a demonstration just to get questions answered while I was waiting for it to come in the mail. I took my husband with me. He was shocked about the cost. But when he saw the demonstration and tasted how the smoothies were so much more smoother, he was SOLD. Well, my VM came on Monday evening. I made my first smoothie Tuesday morning and I was in love. The Healthmaster went with the Tuesday Trash Truck.> > > > > ------------------------------------> > Please bookmark these pages:> > /links/ > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

I am glad someone else feels the same as me. Spent a lot of money on this when I

already have a glass blender that is new with my Kenwood Major Chef. I still

think I should take it back to the store if I don't sufficiently use it. So far

I havd made smoothies for the kids, green smoothies for me and an abundance of

thai ginger soup. I feel the children should not really have smoothies every day

because of the damage to their teeth, but they love them.

>

run out and buy another machine but it is frustrating to me. Once you spend

this much money you feel committed and somehow I feel cheated that I didn't have

any idea that there was a new one being released. That always seems to be the

way it is. Oh well mine just has to be good enough. I had to talk myself into

buying this thing with many conversations and I went back and forth before

finally buying it. Now I have a commitment with myself that if I don't use it

for one thing or another everyday, it's going back. So far so good and I'm

gradually getting tastier and tastier smoothies. I'm getting interested in

trying the soup. The sample that I tried at costco was very good. I could have

eaten a bowl of it. I hope I can make some as good. The demonstrator said the

recipe is in the book. So we'll see. I guess I was venting a little wasn't

I...thanks for being patient.

>

Guest guest

Hello ,Have you worked your way through some of these "ways to use your Vitamix Machine"?/message/24827A couple of days ago I made quiche, the next day I used my Vitamix to chop onions and garlic to sauté with chicken livers, yesterday I made a sauce to go over Kelp Noodles, low-carb pancakes, creamy peppercorn dressing/dip (the recipe is in the links) and a blueberry/chard Green Smoothie. Tonight I'm going to get a Rotisserie Chicken from the grocery store. I will use some of the meat to make chicken salad (using the Vitamix), then I'll cook the bones for bone broth (for me) then the dogs will get "Chicken Bone Gravy" (made again in the Vitamix :-)!LOTS of ways to use your machine besides smoothies, ice creams and soups!Also - about the teeth and sweets - I used to have a mouth full of cavities and ALWAYS had a new cavity each annual dentist visit. Once I stopped using toothpaste and switched to baking soda (5 years ago) I haven't had a cavity since. It is acid (not sugar) that causes cavities (sugar just feeds the acid). Baking soda is alkaline and counteracts the acid. I use a water pic filled with water and a spoon full of baking soda to clean between my teeth and gums after any meal that has acid (coffee, citrus, etc.) If you don't want to invest in or use a water pic - just rinsing with baking soda water will completely neutralize the acids!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 19, 2012, at 7:09 AM, tashtab@... wrote:

I am glad someone else feels the same as me. Spent a lot of money on this when I already have a glass blender that is new with my Kenwood Major Chef. I still think I should take it back to the store if I don't sufficiently use it. So far I havd made smoothies for the kids, green smoothies for me and an abundance of thai ginger soup. I feel the children should not really have smoothies every day because of the damage to their teeth, but they love them.

>

> So I've had my new Vitamix that I purchased at Costco about 5 days ago. It's the 5200. Now I hear they are going to sell a new updated Vitamix. I'm always just a little ahead of the new product coming out. I'm obviously not going to run out and buy another machine but it is frustrating to me. Once you spend this much money you feel committed and somehow I feel cheated that I didn't have any idea that there was a new one being released. That always seems to be the way it is. Oh well mine just has to be good enough. I had to talk myself into buying this thing with many conversations and I went back and forth before finally buying it. Now I have a commitment with myself that if I don't use it for one thing or another everyday, it's going back. So far so good and I'm gradually getting tastier and tastier smoothies. I'm getting interested in trying the soup. The sample that I tried at costco was very good. I could have eaten a bowl of it. I hope I can make some as good. The demonstrator said the recipe is in the book. So we'll see. I guess I was venting a little wasn't I...thanks for being patient.

>