RemedySpot.com

Substituting with Stevia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am new to this group and to Vitamix, picking mine up this week!! I suffer

from Candida and need to use stevia as a substitute for all other sweeteners.

Does anyone have a quick reference for the equivalent amounts for for various

sweeteners (i.e. sugar, honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.).

Thanks

Guest guest

Stevia and Sugar:http://www.stevia.net/conversion.htmlStevia and Honey:http://www.livestrong.com/article/548423-how-to-substitute-sweetleaf-liquid-stevia-for-honey-in-baking/Stevia and Agave:I couldn't find anything, but this should help you get an idea of how sweet various sweeteners are compared to sugar and you could make adjustments??Sweetener Equivalents for 1/2 Cup of SugarAgave Nectar: 3/8 cup (reduce other liquids by 1/3)Brown Sugar 1/2 cupCorn Sweetener 1/2 cupDate Sugar: 1 cup Fruit Juice Concentrate: equal to sugar (reduce other liquids by 1/3)Granular Fruit Sweeteners: equal to sugar Honey: 1/3 cup (reduce other liquids by 1/3)Maple Syrup: equal to sugar (reduce other liquids by 1/3)Molasses: 1/3 cup Raw or Organic Sugar: 1/2 cupRice Syrup: 1 1/4 cup Sorghum Syrup: 1/3 cup Splenda: 1/2 cupStevia Powder (SweetLeaf Brand) 1 Tbsp.Stevia Liquid (Sunnydew or Sweetleaf Brands) 1/2 tsp.Sucanat: equal to sugar Turbinado: 1/2 cup

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 15, 2012, at 7:55 PM, dsharron@... wrote:

I am new to this group and to Vitamix, picking mine up this week!! I suffer from Candida and need to use stevia as a substitute for all other sweeteners. Does anyone have a quick reference for the equivalent amounts for for various sweeteners (i.e. sugar, honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.).

Thanks