RemedySpot.com

Re: Pineapple core

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I always use the core in my smoothies when I put in pineapple. It is good for you.

> > From: flnancy1958@...> Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 14:09:34 +0000> Subject: Pineapple core> > Okay, I cut up a fresh pineapple and want to know if any of you use the core. I know the vitamix could handle pulverizing it, but is it worth it? If I ate a piece of fresh pineapple, I would cut this off and not eat it. Any health benefits of the core if pulverized?>

Guest guest

Absolutely! Google " pineapple core bromelain " and you will get a pile of results. I think the chemical bromelain is an anti-inflammatory type chemical. You won't even notice it in your smoothie and a lot of times, I give the kids the nicest part of the pineapple and reserve the core and the rough-ish (peeled, but not quite perfect) stuff from the outside for myself.  

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Navarro <navarrosarah@...> wrote:

I always use the core in my smoothies when I put in pineapple.  It is good for you.

> > From: flnancy1958@...

> Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 14:09:34 +0000> Subject: Pineapple core> > Okay, I cut up a fresh pineapple and want to know if any of you use the core. I know the vitamix could handle pulverizing it, but is it worth it? If I ate a piece of fresh pineapple, I would cut this off and not eat it. Any health benefits of the core if pulverized?

>