RemedySpot.com

Re: Lemon Coconut Energy Bombs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sounds great - thanks for posting. I'm going to give those a try!Ginny From: Kimble <nkimble@...> Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 6:28 PM Subject: Lemon Coconut Energy Bombs

On the topic of lemon... I just came across this recipe and I know you like your coconut butter, Lea Ann. :) You may have already tried something similar, but it looked yummy so I thought I'd share with the group.

Lemon Coconut Energy Bombshttp://untilthethinladysings.blogspot.com/2012/05/lemon-coconut-energy-bombs.html

I've discovered that lemon is the perfect addition to a smoothie when one wants to mask the bitterness of greens. I think that I could eat lawn trimmings as long as they were mixed with lemon ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann Savage

Guest guest

Hey there ,THANKS for sending this recipe! Took me a while to get around to making these. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!! I modified the recipe to:1 cup coconut butter1 cup coconut oilJuice of one lemon (which came to just a tad over 4 Tablespoons)no coconut flakesAbout 30 drops of NuNaturals alcohol-free Vanilla SteviaThis filled 36 mini muffin tins. I am also excited because this recipe inspired me to buy the little paper liners. One of the drawbacks to making these (for me) in the past was getting them out of the muffin tin. I am really happy at how easy it I especially like the texture of the coconut butter in the solid form (refrigerated) with more oil. In the past, I had simply been using coconut butter in the solid form, but I really like the texture with more oil. I think next time I'll reduce the oil to coconut butter ratio a tad, (a "touch" more coconut butter and a "touch" less coconut oil) but I still really like the increase in oil in this mix.And the lemon flavor - YUMMY!!!Thanks again for sending the recipe!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 13, 2012, at 9:28 PM, Kimble wrote:

On the topic of lemon... I just came across this recipe and I know you like your coconut butter, Lea Ann. :) You may have already tried something similar, but it looked yummy so I thought I'd share with the group.

Lemon Coconut Energy Bombshttp://untilthethinladysings.blogspot.com/2012/05/lemon-coconut-energy-bombs.html

I've discovered that lemon is the perfect addition to a smoothie when one wants to mask the bitterness of greens. I think that I could eat lawn trimmings as long as they were mixed with lemon ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann Savage

Guest guest

You are welcome, Ginny and Lea Ann!  Lea Ann - wow, you are fast making them!  I am so glad to hear you love them!  Thanks for sharing your changes and feedback.  Now I HAVE to try them immediately! :)

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hey there ,THANKS for sending this recipe!  Took me a while to get around to making these.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!!  I modified the recipe to:

1 cup coconut butter1 cup coconut oilJuice of one lemon (which came to just a tad over 4 Tablespoons)no coconut flakesAbout 30 drops of NuNaturals alcohol-free Vanilla Stevia

This filled 36 mini muffin tins.  I am also excited because this recipe inspired me to buy the little paper liners.  One of the drawbacks to making these (for me) in the past was getting them out of the muffin tin.  I am really happy at how easy it 

I especially like the texture of the coconut butter in the solid form (refrigerated) with more oil.  In the past, I had simply been using coconut butter in the solid form, but I really like the texture with more oil.  I think next time I'll reduce the oil to coconut butter ratio a tad, (a " touch " more coconut butter and a " touch " less coconut oil) but I still really like the increase in oil in this mix.

And the lemon flavor - YUMMY!!!Thanks again for sending the recipe!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 13, 2012, at 9:28 PM, Kimble wrote:

On the topic of lemon... I just came across this recipe and I know you like your coconut butter, Lea Ann.  :)  You may have already tried something similar, but it looked yummy so I thought I'd share with the group.

Guest guest

and Lea Ann,

Sounds really good. I read 's post yesterday after I just made coconut

butter and put it into little ice trays. I have a pumpkin and a star ice tray,

the rest I mixed in cocoa powder into one container to spoon out. This is the

first time I tried putting it into something other than a 2 cup jar. I like the

little bites in the refrigerator. They are better cold. This is the first time

I added stevia and that makes it more like a dessert. I will try adding lemon

next time.

Thanks,

Janet