RemedySpot.com

Re: How to cut down smoothie recipes?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was really hoping someone would pitch in here.. since I'm having the same problem.  Most of the time I'm making a smoothie for one..   and while I don't mind putting it in a travel tumbler and taking it to work, I don't want to be drinking it all day.   I'm really having a hard time figuring portions for a single green smoothie.

CrystalSomewhat Frustrated Newbie :)

Guest guest

Do you measure now? I ask because I don't, but if you measure now I'll just divide that by two or three or however much smaller you want to make it. I must not understand the question because that sort of seems too simple doesn't it <grin> if you don't measure maybe someone who does will have that ratio for you. I'll look in a few of my Smoothie books. Terry Sent from my iPadHDOn Jul 18, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Crystal Lew <crysmys@...> wrote:

I was really hoping someone would pitch in here.. since I'm having the same problem. Most of the time I'm making a smoothie for one.. and while I don't mind putting it in a travel tumbler and taking it to work, I don't want to be drinking it all day. I'm really having a hard time figuring portions for a single green smoothie.

Guest guest

It's only me drinking them here as well. Most recipes are 3-4 servings so I automatically cut them in half....I have one of the Starbucks smoothie glasses (holds 16 oz) and I've found that I can drink a full glass with no problem over the period of an hr or so. The first time I make a new recipe I determine how much of it will be contained in the 16 oz container. If it results in leftovers beyond the 16 oz., the next time I just try to lower the portions of the ingredients---i.e. maybe not such a big stalk of celery, a smaller tomato, not such a big handful of greens, etc... It doesn't usually take too much to lower the amount. this usually works for me. It's not an exact science, so a little bit more of less doesn't make a lot of difference in the taste

I was really hoping someone would pitch in here.. since I'm having the same problem. Most of the time I'm making a smoothie for one.. and while I don't mind putting it in a travel tumbler and taking it to work, I don't want to be drinking it all day. I'm really having a hard time figuring portions for a single green smoothie.CrystalSomewhat Frustrated Newbie :)

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic

Guest guest

Carol,  I bought my vanilla Stevia (NuNaturals alcohol free) on Amazon..http://www.amazon.com/NuNaturals-Nustevia-Alcohol-Stevia-2-Ounce/dp/B0019LTH3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8 & qid=1342642801 & sr=8-1 & keywords=nunaturals+alcohol+free+vanilla+stevia

CrystalOn Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Carol Wahl <cdj53@...> wrote:

Hi,I'm looking to purchase nunaturals alcohol free vanilla stevia.   Where do you find yours? Best prove? Reliable vendor?Best regards,

CarolSent from my iPadOn Jul 18, 2012, at 1:25 PM, " Gail " <gail.metcalfe@...> wrote:

It's only me drinking them here as well.  Most recipes are 3-4 servings so I automatically cut them in half....I have one of the Starbucks smoothie glasses (holds 16 oz)  and I've found that I can drink a full glass with no problem over the period of an hr or so.   The first time I make a new recipe I determine how much of it will be contained in the 16 oz container.  If it results in leftovers beyond the 16 oz., the next time I just try to lower the portions of the ingredients---i.e. maybe not such a big stalk of celery, a smaller tomato, not such a big handful of greens, etc... It doesn't usually take too much to lower the amount.   this usually works for me. It's not an exact science, so a little bit more of less doesn't make a lot of difference in the taste

I was really hoping someone would pitch in here.. since I'm having the same problem.  Most of the time I'm making a smoothie for one..   and while I don't mind putting it in a travel tumbler and taking it to work, I don't want to be drinking it all day.   I'm really having a hard time figuring portions for a single green smoothie.CrystalSomewhat Frustrated Newbie :)

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic

=

Guest guest

Thanks and Lea Ann!  Great tips!I don't know why I never thought to freeze the left overs in cubes and use later.Pat M.On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

There is a photo in our archives titled " Portion Control " /photos/album/1713494980/pic/list

I think that a lot of times people don't want to try to store the other 1/2 of an apple (for example).  In that case, I'd make a little bit too much smoothie - choose the glass size you want to use (the portion you want).  Make a smoothie the way you have been, then freeze the left overs in ice cube trays.  The next day you can use those ice cubes with a bit of water and a small amount of additional fruit (say a hand full of blueberries) and a small amount of greens (if you make Green Smoothies).

This would allow you to use up the whole apple (banana / peach / etc.) in one smoothie, and for the most part, the nutrients would still be good (preserved) for the next day's smoothie, AND you get to consume ONLY the amount you want in today's smoothie :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 18, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Crystal Lew wrote:

I was really hoping someone would pitch in here.. since I'm having the same problem.  Most of the time I'm making a smoothie for one..   and while I don't mind putting it in a travel tumbler and taking it to work, I don't want to be drinking it all day.   I'm really having a hard time figuring portions for a single green smoothie.

Guest guest

I use 1cup of kale, 1/2 banana (I put the other half in the fridge for later or

you can eat it), 1 slice of fresh pineapple, 1/2 scoop protein whey, 1/2 cup of

ice water. I never make more than 1 serving since I like my smoothies fresh.

Sent from my iPad

Guest guest

Crystal and Carol,

I buy loads of grocery items from iHerb (iHerb dot com.) They carry many items

that you might not otherwise find, their prices are very good, and my shipments

arrive quickly. Very satisfied customer here. Been using them for several years

now. Check them out. Have a great day!

Carol

>

> > Hi,

> > I'm looking to purchase nunaturals alcohol free vanilla stevia. Where do

> > you find yours? Best prove? Reliable vendor?

> > Best regards,

> > Carol