RemedySpot.com

Re: OMG! Broccoli Cheese Soup Success!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello,I hope that someone who has tried this can answer your question… I've never tried it. I bet if it is a puree, that the texture wouldn't suffer…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 28, 2012, at 4:18 PM, fnrefugee wrote:

I had a disappointing first experience making soup, I used a tomato basil soup recipe I found on a youtube video. The soup was not good, as I posted here after I made it. :)

This time, I used the broccoli cheese soup recipe that is in the book that came with my VM, I followed it to the letter, it is so delicious, so thick, fresh and cheesy flavored. I love it!

Now I am off to the store to get more broccoli to make more delicious soup, I also want to try to make other soups with asparagus and also cauliflower.

Can these types of soups be frozen and reheated with the flavor and texture the same?

Guest guest

I have found that soups improve with age! I made a creamy mushroom soup and it was twice as good the next night when then flavors had time to meld! GwenOn Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello,I hope that someone who has tried this can answer your question… I've never tried it.  I bet if it is a puree, that the texture wouldn't suffer…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

I had a disappointing first experience making soup, I used a tomato basil soup recipe I found on a youtube video. The soup was not good, as I posted here after I made it. :)

This time, I used the broccoli cheese soup recipe that is in the book that came with my VM, I followed it to the letter, it is so delicious, so thick, fresh and cheesy flavored. I love it!

Now I am off to the store to get more broccoli to make more delicious soup, I also want to try to make other soups with asparagus and also cauliflower.

Can these types of soups be frozen and reheated with the flavor and texture the same?

Guest guest

I make a tomato basil soup I got off youtube video and it turned out pretty good.It called for roasting tomatoes and garlic with olive oil in the oven.Then when done roasting; put in vitamix and blend. Then add a handful of basil and blend.Oh, I also add a couple of tablespoons of Romano cheese just to give it a kick. This made a huge difference.I freeze my soups if I make too much. From: fnrefugee <fnrefugee@...> Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:18 PM Subject: OMG! Broccoli Cheese Soup Success!

Guest guest

We never have any left over!! Too Tasty!!However I do roast my veggies and freeze them in portions for my soup. I make a roaster full of whatever I have on hand. I just love roasting Asparagus; Broccoli; onions; garlic; summer squash; etc. I use just garlic and whatever no-salt seasoning I want and roast till done. I cut the tough stalks off the broc and asparagus; just snip the bottom off. Then when it is cool I keep those pieces aside. (I just feel that they are full of goodness…so they go in the soup to be pureed and cooked first.) I save the other top pieces to add to the soup at the end. We love it. But…..never any left over to freeze around here so cannot help you there!!! /:-)I especially love roasted Sweet potatoes. Try that for a great soup! Skins and all….and do not be shy with the roasted garlic…Yum!! ShirleyOn Jun 28, 2012, at 7:40 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Hello,I hope that someone who has tried this can answer your question… I've never tried it. I bet if it is a puree, that the texture wouldn't suffer…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

Guest guest

I find that us true with most soups. I always try to make my soups two or three days before I serve them. This is really important with cold soups. I never like their flavor when first made. It's even hard to tell if I have the seasoning just right with a taste if the freshly made soup.TerrySent from my iPadHDOn Jun 28, 2012, at 8:43 PM, gwen frazier <gwenfrazier1@...> wrote:

I have found that soups improve with age! I made a creamy mushroom soup and it was twice as good the next night when then flavors had time to meld! GwenOn Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

Guest guest

, roasting the tomatoes and garlic just might make the difference in

flavor and texture for this soup, it had no flavor at all. I'm sure everyone has

had the tomatoes that look like they will be ripe and juicy but turn out to be

bland, no flavor. That is how my soup flavor was. :) I will try it again, your

way this time! Thanks. :)

I do have 4 sweet potatoes in the fridge< I have never done anything with a real

sweet potato so I will try the soup. Thanks again!

Darla

>

> I make a tomato basil soup I got off youtube video and it turned out pretty

good.

>

> It called for roasting tomatoes and garlic with olive oil in the oven.

> Then when done roasting; put in vitamix and blend.  Then add a handful of

basil and blend.

>

> Oh, I also add a couple of tablespoons of Romano cheese just to give it a

kick.  This made a huge difference.

>

> I freeze my soups if I make too much.

>

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: fnrefugee <fnrefugee@...>

>

> Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:18 PM

> Subject: OMG! Broccoli Cheese Soup Success!

>

>

>  

> I had a disappointing first experience making soup, I used a tomato basil soup

recipe I found on a youtube video. The soup was not good, as I posted here after

I made it. :)

>

> This time, I used the broccoli cheese soup recipe that is in the book that

came with my VM, I followed it to the letter, it is so delicious, so thick,

fresh and cheesy flavored. I love it!

>

> Now I am off to the store to get more broccoli to make more delicious soup, I

also want to try to make other soups with asparagus and also cauliflower.

>

> Can these types of soups be frozen and reheated with the flavor and texture

the same?

>

Guest guest

How true, it would be hard to imagine having leftover soup, but I was thinking

about buying veggies in bulk, making lots of soup and freezing it for another

day. I will try it soon, the soup might only last ling enough to freeze and

cook, then eat. :)

Do you have a recipe for your roasted sweet potato soup you would share? Thanks!

:)

Darla

> >

> >

> > I had a disappointing first experience making soup, I used a tomato basil

soup recipe I found on a youtube video. The soup was not good, as I posted here

after I made it. :)

> >

> > This time, I used the broccoli cheese soup recipe that is in the book that

came with my VM, I followed it to the letter, it is so delicious, so thick,

fresh and cheesy flavored. I love it!

> >

> > Now I am off to the store to get more broccoli to make more delicious soup,

I also want to try to make other soups with asparagus and also cauliflower.

> >

> > Can these types of soups be frozen and reheated with the flavor and texture

the same?

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Oh forgot to add onions too. Sorry. Here's the link the one I make. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9EN7crMhtcHope this helps. From: fnrefugee <fnrefugee@...> Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:23 PM Subject: Re: OMG! Broccoli Cheese Soup Success!

, roasting the tomatoes and garlic just might make the difference in flavor and texture for this soup, it had no flavor at all. I'm sure everyone has had the tomatoes that look like they will be ripe and juicy but turn out to be bland, no flavor. That is how my soup flavor was. :) I will try it again, your way this time! Thanks. :)

I do have 4 sweet potatoes in the fridge< I have never done anything with a real sweet potato so I will try the soup. Thanks again!

Darla

>

> I make a tomato basil soup I got off youtube video and it turned out pretty good.

>

> It called for roasting tomatoes and garlic with olive oil in the oven.

> Then when done roasting; put in vitamix and blend. Â Then add a handful of basil and blend.

>

> Oh, I also add a couple of tablespoons of Romano cheese just to give it a kick. Â This made a huge difference.

>

> I freeze my soups if I make too much.

>

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: fnrefugee <fnrefugee@...>

>

> Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:18 PM

> Subject: OMG! Broccoli Cheese Soup Success!

>

>

> Â

> I had a disappointing first experience making soup, I used a tomato basil soup recipe I found on a youtube video. The soup was not good, as I posted here after I made it. :)

>

> This time, I used the broccoli cheese soup recipe that is in the book that came with my VM, I followed it to the letter, it is so delicious, so thick, fresh and cheesy flavored. I love it!

>

> Now I am off to the store to get more broccoli to make more delicious soup, I also want to try to make other soups with asparagus and also cauliflower.

>

> Can these types of soups be frozen and reheated with the flavor and texture the same?

>

Guest guest

Terry,

Thanks for the tip on cold soups. I'm trying to eat more raw, but my taste buds

still have to adjust to the lack of salt overkill.

>

> I find that us true with most soups. I always try to make my soups two or

three days before I serve them. This is really important with cold soups. I

never like their flavor when first made. It's even hard to tell if I have the

seasoning just right with a taste if the freshly made soup.