RemedySpot.com

Re: Ice cream & smoothie question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Herb,We don't use dairy products either. I use alternative milks (usually coconut or hemp) instead. You can also buy yogurt made with coconut or soy milk. I know that doesn't exactly answer your question, but maybe it will give you done more options. On May 19, 2012, at 9:26 AM, "cuz1369" <cuz1369@...> wrote: This is my first post. Where can I find some ice cream and smoothie recipes, which uses no milk or yogurt, nor any kind of either processed or raw unprocessed sugar as additives ? I haven't eaten any beef or pork for the past 1-1/2 years, and am trying to go all meatless and no dairy products. I have some Stevia concentrate ordered, as well as the soy protein, and am waiting on the 64 ounce container to arrive, as it was shipped Friday the 18th of May ( and today is the 19th ). With the 48 ounce container, making the smoothir recipe's shown in the video's, there isn't any room remaining in the container to add ice, so I have to freeze some of the fruits, such as the banana and pineapple pieces. I also have a 2 pound bottle of locally bought gallberry honey, which is delicious by itself ! This is my 3rd day for making the green smoothie, as they are delicious. Hope someone can help me, and hope I can "find" how I check the post, when someone does leave me a message ! :)I am 54, single, never learned how to cook ( except microwave junk foods ) and just trying how to learn to eat more healthy. Herb, in Southeast Georgia

Guest guest

Hello Herb,The Watermelon Sorbet and the Carrot Juice Sorbet (and you could also make Cantaloupe Sorbet) can be viewed here:/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Ice_Creams_001327151538/Really and fruit can be turned into a sorbet if you mix 1 cup of unfrozen with about 3 cups of frozen…Nothing but fruit!!!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 19, 2012, at 10:26 AM, cuz1369 wrote:

This is my first post. Where can I find some ice cream and smoothie recipes, which uses no milk or yogurt, nor any kind of either processed or raw unprocessed sugar as additives ? I haven't eaten any beef or pork for the past 1-1/2 years, and am trying to go all meatless and no dairy products. I have some Stevia concentrate ordered, as well as the soy protein, and am waiting on the 64 ounce container to arrive, as it was shipped Friday the 18th of May ( and today is the 19th ). With the 48 ounce container, making the smoothir recipe's shown in the video's, there isn't any room remaining in the container to add ice, so I have to freeze some of the fruits, such as the banana and pineapple pieces. I also have a 2 pound bottle of locally bought gallberry honey, which is delicious by itself ! This is my 3rd day for making the green smoothie, as they are delicious. Hope someone can help me, and hope I can "find" how I check the post, when someone does leave me a message ! :)

I am 54, single, never learned how to cook ( except microwave junk foods ) and just trying how to learn to eat more healthy.

Herb, in Southeast Georgia

Guest guest

Hi HerbI just downloaded a great app from Raw Family. It's called green smoothies and it is awesome. I've only tried a few but so far all the ones I've tried are strictly veg and fruit. If you dont have a device for apps try googling Raw Family. CheersTaraSent from my iPhoneOn 2012-05-19, at 8:26 AM, "cuz1369" <cuz1369@...> wrote:

This is my first post. Where can I find some ice cream and smoothie recipes, which uses no milk or yogurt, nor any kind of either processed or raw unprocessed sugar as additives ? I haven't eaten any beef or pork for the past 1-1/2 years, and am trying to go all meatless and no dairy products. I have some Stevia concentrate ordered, as well as the soy protein, and am waiting on the 64 ounce container to arrive, as it was shipped Friday the 18th of May ( and today is the 19th ). With the 48 ounce container, making the smoothir recipe's shown in the video's, there isn't any room remaining in the container to add ice, so I have to freeze some of the fruits, such as the banana and pineapple pieces. I also have a 2 pound bottle of locally bought gallberry honey, which is delicious by itself ! This is my 3rd day for making the green smoothie, as they are delicious. Hope someone can help me, and hope I can "find" how I check the post, when someone does leave me a message ! :)

I am 54, single, never learned how to cook ( except microwave junk foods ) and just trying how to learn to eat more healthy.

Guest guest

Or ice cream if you add a little heavy cream and IMO a bit of Xantham Gum.I'm finally doing Banana Ice Cream for my husband today. He loves bananas and I always have them in the house. The catch is he will not eat a banana if the skin has one little brown spot on it. Doesn't matter what the inside of the banana looks like. I had three bananas with some brown specks on the skin so I peeled them and broke the bananas into ice cube size pieces and they are now in the freezer. I think I'll add some dark rum to the VitaMix along with the cream, frozen fruit and XG.TerrySent from my iPadHDOn May 19, 2012, at 11:02 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Herb,The Watermelon Sorbet and the Carrot Juice Sorbet (and you could also make Cantaloupe Sorbet) can be viewed here:/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Ice_Creams_001327151538/Really and fruit can be turned into a sorbet if you mix 1 cup of unfrozen with about 3 cups of frozen…Nothing but fruit!!!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

Guest guest

How much xanthan gum would you use in a recipe that makes 4 1/2 cups of ice cream? And, can you substitute guar gum for xantham gum? Thanks!! Pam From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 1:24 PM Subject: Re: Ice cream & smoothie question

Or ice cream if you add a little heavy cream and IMO a bit of Xantham Gum.I'm finally doing Banana Ice Cream for my husband today. He loves bananas and I always have them in the house. The catch is he will not eat a banana if the skin has one little brown spot on it. Doesn't matter what the inside of the banana looks like. I had three bananas with some brown specks on the skin so I peeled them and broke the bananas into ice cube size pieces and they are now in the freezer. I think I'll add some dark rum to the VitaMix along with the cream, frozen fruit and XG.TerrySent from my iPadHDOn May 19, 2012, at 11:02 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

This is my first post. Where can I find some ice cream and smoothie recipes, which uses no milk or yogurt, nor any kind of either processed or raw unprocessed sugar as additives ? I haven't eaten any beef or pork for the past 1-1/2 years, and am trying to go all meatless and no dairy products. I have some Stevia concentrate ordered, as well as the soy protein, and am waiting on the 64 ounce container to arrive, as it was shipped Friday the 18th of May ( and today is the 19th ). With the 48 ounce container, making the smoothir recipe's shown in the video's, there isn't any room remaining in the container to add ice, so I have to freeze some of the fruits, such as the banana and pineapple pieces. I also have a 2 pound bottle of locally bought gallberry honey, which is delicious by itself ! This is my 3rd day for making the green smoothie, as they are delicious. Hope someone can help me, and hope I can "find"

how I check the post, when someone does leave me a message ! :)

Guest guest

I use 1/2 teaspoon for two cups of frozen fruit that makes 3 small servings of ice cream. Better to use less than you think you will need or it can feel gummy. Sent from my iPadHDOn May 19, 2012, at 4:20 PM, Pam <yourfavoritething2002@...> wrote:

How much xanthan gum would you use in a recipe that makes 4 1/2 cups of ice cream? And, can you substitute guar gum for xantham gum? Thanks!! Pam From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 1:24 PM Subject: Re: Ice cream & smoothie question

This is my first post. Where can I find some ice cream and smoothie recipes, which uses no milk or yogurt, nor any kind of either processed or raw unprocessed sugar as additives ? I haven't eaten any beef or pork for the past 1-1/2 years, and am trying to go all meatless and no dairy products. I have some Stevia concentrate ordered, as well as the soy protein, and am waiting on the 64 ounce container to arrive, as it was shipped Friday the 18th of May ( and today is the 19th ). With the 48 ounce container, making the smoothir recipe's shown in the video's, there isn't any room remaining in the container to add ice, so I have to freeze some of the fruits, such as the banana and pineapple pieces. I also have a 2 pound bottle of locally bought gallberry honey, which is delicious by itself ! This is my 3rd day for making the green smoothie, as they are delicious. Hope someone can help me, and hope I can "find"

how I check the post, when someone does leave me a message ! :)