RemedySpot.com

Re: if you are looking for a thin small spatula to get items out of the bottom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Just what I am looking for! I decided to cook eggs in mine yesterday. Made yummy burritos. But what a mess! I ended up soaking the container with baking soda and white vinegar. Shines like new! It seemed to have a film around the blade and that finished the messy job!THe 64 oz is really tough to get clean with the messy projects…...On May 17, 2012, at 8:20 AM, crenita2 wrote:

I was almost ready to order some vitamix spatulas and was walking around the walmart kitchen area .. and came across 2 in a package silicone thin spatula's for like $1.98... they work perfectly to get the last little bits out of the bottom..

I mixed up a banana nut bread and it was sticky but with those little gizmos' it cleaned out the whole thing like magic.. so I got all of the batter

so if you need a little assistance those look to work pretty well for me...

Guest guest

Hello crenita2,Thanks for sharing a source for a good alternative to the Vitamix spatulas.Just to provide additional input - I have purchased probably 6 different brands/kinds of narrow spatulas including rubber and silicone. IMO NOTHING beats the Vitamix spatulas. They are made of a cheap :-) (firm to the edge) plastic and it is the shape combined with the extreme firmness at the edge that I find especially helpful in scraping every last drop of whatever I've made off of the blades, out from under the blades, and from off of the sides of the container.I was at a show once and lost my ONLY Vitamix Spatula. I had a narrow "regular" spatula in my back up supplies. I was completely lost for the rest of the show as nothing works as well (for me) at getting the ice cream out of the container. One of the things that doesn't work for me is that silicone or rubber "catches" on the tip of the blades if I happen to come near them. The hard plastic of the Vitamix spatula slides right off of the tip of the blades. At a show I have to get that ice cream out of the container and into those little cups as fast as possible (I always have a crowd waiting anxiously on me ;-) and I don't want anything to slow me down!Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 17, 2012, at 8:20 AM, crenita2 wrote:

I was almost ready to order some vitamix spatulas and was walking around the walmart kitchen area .. and came across 2 in a package silicone thin spatula's for like $1.98... they work perfectly to get the last little bits out of the bottom..

I mixed up a banana nut bread and it was sticky but with those little gizmos' it cleaned out the whole thing like magic.. so I got all of the batter

Guest guest

Hi Shirley,What ratio of soda / vinegar (and water?) did you use.  How long did you soak it?  Thanks!

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 6:42 AM, Shirley <jallen03@...> wrote:

Just what I am looking for! I decided to cook eggs in mine yesterday. Made yummy burritos. But what a mess! I ended up soaking the container with baking soda and white vinegar. Shines like new! It seemed to have a film around the blade and that finished the messy job!

THe 64 oz is really tough to get clean with the messy projects…...

Guest guest

I find the same features in the iSI thin silicone spatulas. They are hard enough that that don't get snagged by the blades. I wouldn't have had them on hand except I use a couple of iSI Pro Whips a lot and bought them for those. They are more costly than most.Speaking of the iSI. I'm doing an asparagus espuma to go over roasted asparagus. So much lighter than hollandaise and it will be nice for a change. Enter the Vitamix. Because I can get every bit of the asparagus puréed to silk, I can foam it all for a better asparagus flavor. I'm also going to make some pasta today. Have you tried pasta in the VM? I've only ever made it in the Kitchen Aid.I haven't made any of my doughs in the Vitamix. I should, shouldn't I.TerrySent from my iPadHDOn May 17, 2012, at 9:36 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello crenita2,Thanks for sharing a source for a good alternative to the Vitamix spatulas.Just to provide additional input - I have purchased probably 6 different brands/kinds of narrow spatulas including rubber and silicone. IMO NOTHING beats the Vitamix spatulas. They are made of a cheap :-) (firm to the edge) plastic and it is the shape combined with the extreme firmness at the edge that I find especially helpful in scraping every last drop of whatever I've made off of the blades, out from under the blades, and from off of the sides of the container.I was at a show once and lost my ONLY Vitamix Spatula. I had a narrow "regular" spatula in my back up supplies. I was completely lost for the rest of the show as nothing works as well (for me) at getting the ice cream out of the container. One of the things that doesn't work for me is that silicone or rubber "catches" on the tip of the blades if I happen to come near them. The hard plastic of the Vitamix spatula slides right off of the tip of the blades. At a show I have to get that ice cream out of the container and into those little cups as fast as possible (I always have a crowd waiting anxiously on me ;-) and I don't want anything to slow me down!Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 17, 2012, at 8:20 AM, crenita2 wrote:

Guest guest

Hi Rena…I use the "shake in/dump in" method. /:-)Guessing I would say about 2 Tbsp. of soda and 1/3 cup white vinegar. It was all clean when I did this. Just looked filmy. It bubbled like mad and I let it sit a few minutes.Then I ran the VM on low for a short whirl; then filled to the top with hot water and let it sit for a while. Finally rinsed well. Really looks nice this morning!On May 17, 2012, at 9:48 AM, Rena Glubay wrote:

Hi Shirley,What ratio of soda / vinegar (and water?) did you use. How long did you soak it? Thanks!

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Just what I am looking for! I decided to cook eggs in mine yesterday. Made yummy burritos. But what a mess! I ended up soaking the container with baking soda and white vinegar. Shines like new! It seemed to have a film around the blade and that finished the messy job!

Guest guest

I agree that Vitamix spatulas are handy. I also agree they are cheaply made and I am perplexed why Vitamix doesn't include one with the machine. When I was at the Vitamix Outlet Store in Cleveland they gave me one when I asked if I could have one. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:36 AM Subject: Re: if you are looking for a thin small spatula to get items out of the bottom Hello crenita2, Thanks for sharing a source for a good alternative to the Vitamix spatulas. Just to provide additional input - I have purchased probably 6 different brands/kinds of narrow spatulas including rubber and silicone. IMO NOTHING beats the Vitamix spatulas. They are made of a cheap :-) (firm to the edge) plastic and it is the shape combined with the extreme firmness at the edge that I find especially helpful in scraping every last drop of whatever I've made off of the blades, out from under the blades, and from off of the sides of the container. I was at a show once and lost my ONLY Vitamix Spatula. I had a narrow " regular " spatula in my back up supplies. I was completely lost for the rest of the show as nothing works as well (for me) at getting the ice cream out of the container. One of the things that doesn't work for me is that silicone or rubber " catches " on the tip of the blades if I happen to come near them. The hard plastic of the Vitamix spatula slides right off of the tip of the blades. At a show I have to get that ice cream out of the container and into those little cups as fast as possible (I always have a crowd waiting anxiously on me ;-) and I don't want anything to slow me down! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On May 17, 2012, at 8:20 AM, crenita2 wrote: I was almost ready to order some vitamix spatulas and was walking around the walmart kitchen area .. and came across 2 in a package silicone thin spatula's for like $1.98... they work perfectly to get the last little bits out of the bottom..I mixed up a banana nut bread and it was sticky but with those little gizmos' it cleaned out the whole thing like magic.. so I got all of the batter so if you need a little assistance those look to work pretty well for me...

Guest guest

I would have to agree Tom. I can't seem to use my Vitamix (well) without the Tamper OR the spatulas - to me they are both essential. If you purchase a Deluxe package the spatulas and cutting boards ARE included.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 17, 2012, at 10:36 AM, Tom Matuschak wrote:

I agree that Vitamix spatulas are handy. I also agree they are cheaply made and I am perplexed why Vitamix doesn't include one with the machine. When I was at the Vitamix Outlet Store in Cleveland they gave me one when I asked if I could have one. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:36 AM Subject: Re: if you are looking for a thin small spatula to get items out of the bottom Hello crenita2, Thanks for sharing a source for a good alternative to the Vitamix spatulas. Just to provide additional input - I have purchased probably 6 different brands/kinds of narrow spatulas including rubber and silicone. IMO NOTHING beats the Vitamix spatulas. They are made of a cheap :-) (firm to the edge) plastic and it is the shape combined with the extreme firmness at the edge that I find especially helpful in scraping every last drop of whatever I've made off of the blades, out from under the blades, and from off of the sides of the container. I was at a show once and lost my ONLY Vitamix Spatula. I had a narrow "regular" spatula in my back up supplies. I was completely lost for the rest of the show as nothing works as well (for me) at getting the ice cream out of the container. One of the things that doesn't work for me is that silicone or rubber "catches" on the tip of the blades if I happen to come near them. The hard plastic of the Vitamix spatula slides right off of the tip of the blades. At a show I have to get that ice cream out of the container and into those little cups as fast as possible (I always have a crowd waiting anxiously on me ;-) and I don't want anything to slow me down! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On May 17, 2012, at 8:20 AM, crenita2 wrote: I was almost ready to order some vitamix spatulas and was walking around the walmart kitchen area .. and came across 2 in a package silicone thin spatula's for like $1.98... they work perfectly to get the last little bits out of the bottom..I mixed up a banana nut bread and it was sticky but with those little gizmos' it cleaned out the whole thing like magic.. so I got all of the batter so if you need a little assistance those look to work pretty well for me...

Guest guest

I am not sure how much a Deluxe package is but the spatulas, while are handy, cannot cost more than 10 cents to produced and while spending over $400 for the machine I would think one spatula would be included. These spatulas are also a promotional item with Vitamix and their phone number embossed on one side. Do you use all three spatulas? Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:40 AM Subject: Re: if you are looking for a thin small spatula to get items out of the bottom I would have to agree Tom. I can't seem to use my Vitamix (well) without the Tamper OR the spatulas - to me they are both essential. If you purchase a Deluxe package the spatulas and cutting boards ARE included. Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On May 17, 2012, at 10:36 AM, Tom Matuschak wrote: I agree that Vitamix spatulas are handy. I also agree they are cheaply made and I am perplexed why Vitamix doesn't include one with the machine. When I was at the Vitamix Outlet Store in Cleveland they gave me one when I asked if I could have one. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:36 AM Subject: Re: if you are looking for a thin small spatula to get items out of the bottom Hello crenita2, Thanks for sharing a source for a good alternative to the Vitamix spatulas. Just to provide additional input - I have purchased probably 6 different brands/kinds of narrow spatulas including rubber and silicone. IMO NOTHING beats the Vitamix spatulas. They are made of a cheap :-) (firm to the edge) plastic and it is the shape combined with the extreme firmness at the edge that I find especially helpful in scraping every last drop of whatever I've made off of the blades, out from under the blades, and from off of the sides of the container. I was at a show once and lost my ONLY Vitamix Spatula. I had a narrow " regular " spatula in my back up supplies. I was completely lost for the rest of the show as nothing works as well (for me) at getting the ice cream out of the container. One of the things that doesn't work for me is that silicone or rubber " catches " on the tip of the blades if I happen to come near them. The hard plastic of the Vitamix spatula slides right off of the tip of the blades. At a show I have to get that ice cream out of the container and into those little cups as fast as possible (I always have a crowd waiting anxiously on me ;-) and I don't want anything to slow me down! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On May 17, 2012, at 8:20 AM, crenita2 wrote: I was almost ready to order some vitamix spatulas and was walking around the walmart kitchen area .. and came across 2 in a package silicone thin spatula's for like $1.98... they work perfectly to get the last little bits out of the bottom..I mixed up a banana nut bread and it was sticky but with those little gizmos' it cleaned out the whole thing like magic.. so I got all of the batter so if you need a little assistance those look to work pretty well for me...

Guest guest

Hi Shirley,Thanks.  I'll give that a try when I get home.  For a very long time I used the recommend method of cleaning which is just a little soap, warm water and blend for a minute or two.  I got a terrible build up that I have had to SCRUB off.  I haven't been able to get it all especially on the bottom and the blades.  I think it is terribly misleading for VM to say that the soap and water and blend method is all you need for cleaning the container.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Shirley <jallen03@...> wrote:

Hi Rena…I use the " shake in/dump in " method. /:-)Guessing I would say about 2 Tbsp. of soda and 1/3 cup white vinegar. It was all clean when I did this. Just looked filmy. It bubbled like mad and I let it sit a few minutes.

Then I ran the VM on low for a short whirl; then filled to the top with hot water and let it sit for a while. Finally rinsed well. Really looks nice this morning!

On May 17, 2012, at 9:48 AM, Rena Glubay wrote:

Hi Shirley,What ratio of soda / vinegar (and water?) did you use.  How long did you soak it?  Thanks!

Just what I am looking for! I decided to cook eggs in mine yesterday. Made yummy burritos. But what a mess! I ended up soaking the container with baking soda and white vinegar. Shines like new! It seemed to have a film around the blade and that finished the messy job!

Guest guest

Personally, I would NEVER put detergent in my container-most detergents (dish

soap) contain harsh chemicals and enzymes that I don't want, so I use just

baking soda, peroxide and a drop of M2 or castille soap when needed (rarely) I

don't use detergent for my dishes either-just baking soda and peroxide, in my

dishwasher as well. I think some of the detergents available are harsher than

we would like to think.

> >

> >> **

> >>

> >>

> >> *Just what I am looking for! I decided to cook eggs in mine yesterday.

> >> Made yummy burritos. But what a mess! *

> >> *

> >> *

> >> *I ended up soaking the container with baking soda and white vinegar.

> >> Shines like new! It seemed to have a film around the blade and that

> >> finished the messy job!*

> >> *

> >> *

> >> *THe 64 oz is really tough to get clean with the messy projects…...*

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

while I don't make dish soap I do make skin soap and other skin products for a living. What ingredients do you object to? You mentioned Castile soap and I looked up its ingredients and it is a natural soap that is made by the combination of a base and acid. The base in Castile soap is caustic soda which by itself can burn you but in soap as you know it is harmless to most people. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:51 AM Subject: Re: if you are looking for a thin small spatula to get items out of the bottom Personally, I would NEVER put detergent in my container-most detergents (dish soap) contain harsh chemicals and enzymes that I don't want, so I use just baking soda, peroxide and a drop of M2 or castille soap when needed (rarely) I don't use detergent for my dishes either-just baking soda and peroxide, in my dishwasher as well. I think some of the detergents available are harsher than we would like to think.> >> >> **> >>> >>> >> *Just what I am looking for! I decided to cook eggs in mine yesterday.> >> Made yummy burritos. But what a mess! *> >> *> >> *> >> *I ended up soaking the container with baking soda and white vinegar.> >> Shines like new! It seemed to have a film around the blade and that> >> finished the messy job!*> >> *> >> *> >> *THe 64 oz is really tough to get clean with the messy projects…...*> >>> >>> >>> >>> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Hi ,How do you put baking soda and peroxide in your dishwasher?  How much do you use? TIA!

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM, <berrywell@...> wrote:

Personally, I would NEVER put detergent in my container-most detergents (dish soap) contain harsh chemicals and enzymes that I don't want, so I use just baking soda, peroxide and a drop of M2 or castille soap when needed (rarely) I don't use detergent for my dishes either-just baking soda and peroxide, in my dishwasher as well. I think some of the detergents available are harsher than we would like to think.

> >

> >> **

> >>

> >>

> >> *Just what I am looking for! I decided to cook eggs in mine yesterday.

> >> Made yummy burritos. But what a mess! *

> >> *

> >> *

> >> *I ended up soaking the container with baking soda and white vinegar.

> >> Shines like new! It seemed to have a film around the blade and that

> >> finished the messy job!*

> >> *

> >> *

> >> *THe 64 oz is really tough to get clean with the messy projects…...*

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I just put a bit of baking soda in one of the dispenser cups (you don't need

much really-it is just to soften the water-I fill the cup less than half full)

I add peroxide to the " jet rinse " dispenser thingy. I did find years ago that

after a while, some of my glasses got cloudy from this (that is because

commercial detergents contain harsh stripping/rinsing agents that leave a

chemical residue on your dishes-blekkk) I remedied the problem by getting rid

of glasses, and replacing them with Corelle milk glass type dishes-they are

durable and don't show any cloudiness. I would rather have cloudy dishes than

ones full of chemicals, personally.

> > > >

> > > >> **

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >> *Just what I am looking for! I decided to cook eggs in mine yesterday.

> > > >> Made yummy burritos. But what a mess! *

> > > >> *

> > > >> *

> > > >> *I ended up soaking the container with baking soda and white vinegar.

> >

> > > >> Shines like new! It seemed to have a film around the blade and that

> > > >> finished the messy job!*

> > > >> *

> > > >> *

> > > >> *THe 64 oz is really tough to get clean with the messy projects…...*

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Because of my particular type of allergies, I object to ALL chemicals, and most

" natural " substitutes, such as glycerine-which is made from genetically modified

soy or palm. I often use soap nuts, which are completely natural, and I make a

soap base out of those. I also use Miracle II soap, which is coconut based.

For the most part though, I don't use ANY soap...I think we are all conditioned

to think we NEED suds to get ourselves or other things clean, when in fact all

we need is a good scrub and hot water. I wash my hair and body with baking

soda, use baking soda and peroxide for my laundry/dish/dishwasher detergent, and

make household cleaners from baking soda/lemon/lime/citrus peels/peroxide, etc.

Very rarely do I feel the need for suds for any cleaning, but if I do, I use

either soap nuts or M2 soap. I used to make homemade soaps (glycerine based)

until I realized the glycerine was soy based-soy is one of my biggest allergens.

> > >

> > >> **

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> *Just what I am looking for! I decided to cook eggs in mine yesterday.

> > >> Made yummy burritos. But what a mess! *

> > >> *

> > >> *

> > >> *I ended up soaking the container with baking soda and white vinegar.

> > >> Shines like new! It seemed to have a film around the blade and that

> > >> finished the messy job!*

> > >> *

> > >> *

> > >> *THe 64 oz is really tough to get clean with the messy projects....*

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Many of our soaps have glycerin in them but not all and to tell the truth it is not a huge amount. Except for hand sanitizers water is by far the largest ingredient. I looked at the ingredients of M2 but I am not sure what they mean by chemical free because even water is a chemical. They say there is a foaming agent in the ingredients but do not explain what that is. Here is a cute take on Dehydrabiethylamine from Answers http://answers./question/index?qid=20071110014525AAvCCR5 Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:37 PM Subject: Re: if you are looking for a thin small spatula to get items out of the bottom Because of my particular type of allergies, I object to ALL chemicals, and most " natural " substitutes, such as glycerine-which is made from genetically modified soy or palm. I often use soap nuts, which are completely natural, and I make a soap base out of those. I also use Miracle II soap, which is coconut based. For the most part though, I don't use ANY soap...I think we are all conditioned to think we NEED suds to get ourselves or other things clean, when in fact all we need is a good scrub and hot water. I wash my hair and body with baking soda, use baking soda and peroxide for my laundry/dish/dishwasher detergent, and make household cleaners from baking soda/lemon/lime/citrus peels/peroxide, etc. Very rarely do I feel the need for suds for any cleaning, but if I do, I use either soap nuts or M2 soap. I used to make homemade soaps (glycerine based) until I realized the glycerine was soy based-soy is one of my biggest allergens.> > >> > >> **> > >>> > >>> > >> *Just what I am looking for! I decided to cook eggs in mine yesterday.> > >> Made yummy burritos. But what a mess! *> > >> *> > >> *> > >> *I ended up soaking the container with baking soda and white vinegar.> > >> Shines like new! It seemed to have a film around the blade and that> > >> finished the messy job!*> > >> *> > >> *> > >> *THe 64 oz is really tough to get clean with the messy projects....*> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >> > > > > >> >>

Guest guest

LOL, good one! I went round and round with M2 soap about exactly what their

ingredients were-never did get a clear answer, but at least I don't react to

their soap, so I have used it for years. This looks like as good an

explaination as they gave, lol.

>

> Many of our soaps have glycerin in them but not all and to tell the truth it

> is not a huge amount. Except for hand sanitizers water is by far the

> largest ingredient. I looked at the ingredients of M2 but I am not sure

> what they mean by chemical free because even water is a chemical. They say

> there is a foaming agent in the ingredients but do not explain what that is.

> Here is a cute take on Dehydrabiethylamine from Answers

> http://answers./question/index?qid=20071110014525AAvCCR5

>

>

>

> Tom

>

>

>