RemedySpot.com

Re: Orange-Scented Almond And Olive Oil Muffins

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I think that you can only make ground up almond powder in the Vitamix. Almond flour is drier and finer than what you can make in a Vitamix.If you use a wet container, you will end up making almond butter. If you use a dry container (and very cold - perhaps frozen - almonds) you will get a finer end product, but I've purchased almond flour from the store, and there isn't really any comparison.I bet that if you ground the almonds in a Vitamix, then dehydrated them, then ground them again, you could get a finder consistency.Has anyone make almond flour in the Vitamix???

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 21, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Sue Holland wrote:

Could we and if yes, how would we make the almond flour in the VM?

Guest guest

Thank you for this recipe Terry! I made a few modifications and they still came out awesome.I used 1/3 cup xylitol instead of the sugar.I did not use AP flour. I added another 1/2 cup of almond flour, 1/2 cup tapioca flour and 1/4 cup buckwheat flour. They are very moist and tasty , no need for powdered sugar .MimiSent from my iPhoneOn Jul 21, 2012, at 9:27 AM, Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> wrote:

Orange-Scented Almond And Olive Oil Muffins

Recipe By: Giada De tiis

Ingredients

1 cup sugar

4 large eggs -- at room temperature

1/2 cup fresh orange juice -- at room temperature

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1/4 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt -- at room temperature

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 teaspoon pure almond extract

1 large orange -- zested

1 cup almond flour

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt

1/2 cup sliced almonds -- toasted (see Cook's Note)

Powdered sugar -- for dusting

Instructions

Cook's Note: To toast the almonds, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool completely before using.

Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 18 muffin cup pan with paper liners. Set aside.

Using a hand mixer on medium speed, in a medium bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together until pale and thick, about 2 minutes. Beat in the orange juice, olive oil, yogurt, vanilla extract, almond extract, and orange zest.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt.

In batches, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just blended. Stir in the almonds. Fill the cups with batter, 1/3 of the way full. Bake until golden on top and a tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool for 20 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.

Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh

=

Guest guest

I added this to the archives here:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Batters - Muffins/Pancakes/Quick Breads/etc.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 24, 2012, at 12:06 AM, Mimi wrote:

Thank you for this recipe Terry! I made a few modifications and they still came out awesome.I used 1/3 cup xylitol instead of the sugar.I did not use AP flour. I added another 1/2 cup of almond flour, 1/2 cup tapioca flour and 1/4 cup buckwheat flour. They are very moist and tasty , no need for powdered sugar .MimiSent from my iPhoneOn Jul 21, 2012, at 9:27 AM, Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> wrote:

Orange-Scented Almond And Olive Oil Muffins

Recipe By: Giada De tiis

Ingredients

1 cup sugar

4 large eggs -- at room temperature

1/2 cup fresh orange juice -- at room temperature

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1/4 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt -- at room temperature

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 teaspoon pure almond extract

1 large orange -- zested

1 cup almond flour

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt

1/2 cup sliced almonds -- toasted (see Cook's Note)

Powdered sugar -- for dusting

Instructions

Cook's Note: To toast the almonds, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool completely before using.

Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 18 muffin cup pan with paper liners. Set aside.

Using a hand mixer on medium speed, in a medium bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together until pale and thick, about 2 minutes. Beat in the orange juice, olive oil, yogurt, vanilla extract, almond extract, and orange zest.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt.

In batches, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just blended. Stir in the almonds. Fill the cups with batter, 1/3 of the way full. Bake until golden on top and a tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool for 20 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.

Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh

=