RemedySpot.com

Re: New Vitamix-making progress!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh Goodie - have you joined the 30-day Green Smoothie Challenge? We're on day 5 but you can join us at ANY time!!!Start Here:30DGSC/There is a lot of helpful information here too:30DGSC/links

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 9, 2012, at 2:19 PM, fnrefugee wrote:

I have been making fruit smoothies for almost a week since my new Vitamix arrived, I love all of the combinations and flavors from just adding different ingredients!

My first attempt at making soup was a success and a failure- vitamix success because it did what it was supposed to, it made a hot and creamy soup to perfection. The machine operator (me) found a recipe on youtube (not Lea Ann's) for a tomato/basil soup- it was bland but it also had a peppery bite from either the garlic or basil, no other flavor could be tasted after the first bite. I will try another soup soon, just not that recipe.

This morning I made up my mind to make my first green smoothie, I admit to dreading it because I didn't look forward to tasting a "grassy" flavored drink. I used a small handful of spinach, a gala apple, a mango, plain Greek 0% fat free yogurt and a tsp. of honey. I was so surprised at how delicious it was, now I know that I can drink these! I am now a believer, I love my Vitamix!!! :)

I also want to thank you Lea Ann for the new 64 oz. container that I just purchased. :)

Guest guest

Can you eat regular foods if you do the challenge?PatOn Jun 9, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:Oh Goodie - have you joined the 30-day Green Smoothie Challenge? We're on day 5 but you can join us at ANY time!!!Start Here:30DGSC/There is a lot of helpful information here too:30DGSC/linksBlessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

Guest guest

Oh YES! It is only a commitment to drink one Green Smoothie per day.BTW, the 30-day Green Smoothie Challenge cops don't come to your door for your first born if you fail ;-)That's it!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 9, 2012, at 2:32 PM, Pat K. wrote:

Can you eat regular foods if you do the challenge?PatOn Jun 9, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:Oh Goodie - have you joined the 30-day Green Smoothie Challenge? We're on day 5 but you can join us at ANY time!!!Start Here:30DGSC/There is a lot of helpful information here too:30DGSC/linksBlessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

Guest guest

i did my first green smoothie challenge in February & silly me am still doing it LOL BEWARE!!! green smoothies ARE ADDICTIVE!!! Patti From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Saturday, June 9, 2012 1:38 PM Subject: Re: New Vitamix-making progress!

Oh YES! It is only a commitment to drink one Green Smoothie per day.BTW, the 30-day Green Smoothie Challenge cops don't come to your door for your first born if you fail ;-)That's it!

On Jun 9, 2012, at 2:32 PM, Pat K. wrote:

Guest guest

I just joined the 30 day Greenie challenge a day, glad that there are no food

cops to worry about! LOL!

Darla

>

> I have been making fruit smoothies for almost a week since my new Vitamix

arrived, I love all of the combinations and flavors from just adding different

ingredients!

>

> My first attempt at making soup was a success and a failure- vitamix success

because it did what it was supposed to, it made a hot and creamy soup to

perfection. The machine operator (me) found a recipe on youtube (not Lea Ann's)

for a tomato/basil soup- it was bland but it also had a peppery bite from either

the garlic or basil, no other flavor could be tasted after the first bite. I

will try another soup soon, just not that recipe.

>

> This morning I made up my mind to make my first green smoothie, I admit to

dreading it because I didn't look forward to tasting a " grassy " flavored drink.

I used a small handful of spinach, a gala apple, a mango, plain Greek 0% fat

free yogurt and a tsp. of honey. I was so surprised at how delicious it was, now

I know that I can drink these! I am now a believer, I love my Vitamix!!! :)

>

> I also want to thank you Lea Ann for the new 64 oz. container that I just

purchased. :)

>

Guest guest

After I read, "Green For Life" http://blenderlady.com/green-smoothies/ I began drinking Green Smoothies daily - have been ever since (that was almost 5 years ago!!!)

On Jun 9, 2012, at 3:01 PM, patti wrote:

i did my first green smoothie challenge in February & silly me am still doing it LOL BEWARE!!! green smoothies ARE ADDICTIVE!!! Patti

Guest guest

Lea Ann do you know this guy? He plays both sides of the fence.http://blenderdude.com/ Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 3:17 PM Subject: Re: New Vitamix-making progress! After I read, " Green For Life " http://blenderlady.com/green-smoothies/ I began drinking Green Smoothies daily - have been ever since (that was almost 5 years ago!!!) Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 9, 2012, at 3:01 PM, patti wrote: i did my first green smoothie challenge in February & silly me am still doing it LOL BEWARE!!! green smoothies ARE ADDICTIVE!!! Patti

Guest guest

oh LOL i love my green smoothies. I will be a lifer too!! I take one to work with me everyday & am asked what shade of green do you have today??? they (people at work) think im weird LOL Patti From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Saturday, June 9, 2012 2:16 PM Subject: Re: New Vitamix-making progress!

After I read, "Green For Life" http://blenderlady.com/green-smoothies/ I began drinking Green Smoothies daily - have been ever since (that was almost 5 years ago!!!)

On Jun 9, 2012, at 3:01 PM, patti wrote:

i did my first green smoothie challenge in February & silly me am still doing it LOL BEWARE!!! green smoothies ARE ADDICTIVE!!! Patti

Guest guest

I don't know the guy - but I understand the idea of selling both blenders. Though I have NO DOUBTS whatsoever that the Vitamix is the better blender (especially after talking to a former Blendtec demonstrator who defected to the Light Side ;-) I can completely understand wanting to get the sale when you know there are people who are going to buy a Blendtec no matter what you say to them.Since I brought it up… here is the story about the former Blendtec demonstrator:I once talked to a Blendtec sales demonstrator who contacted me to ask questions about "changing sides" and becoming a Vitamix sales demonstrator. He asked me, "how many machines do you go through in a show". I answered, "usually between 40-50 in a 5-day show". He replied, "no, I mean how many machines do you use to demonstrate with?" At that point I'd been with Vitamix for about 2 1/2 years and answered, "only one". He informed me that he used to go through 3-4 machines per show because they were always breaking down. He told me that if he found a machine that worked well, he took it from show to show because it was so hard to find one that would perform consistently all day long.BTW, this guy is now one of the best Vitamix demonstrators in my region.Aside from the tamper, the Vitamix is just so much more versatile - our blades spin both slower and faster than the Blendtec's so you can use the Vitamix as a Food Processor and a Mixer at the slow end, and at the high end, our soup gets hotter, smoothies are smoother, and ice cream has fewer ice crystals in it. You won't see a Blendtec used by Chefs on the Food Channel for just this reason - and, Chefs don't want pre-sets…IF a person is only going to make green smoothies, and they don't mind cutting up their produce before putting it into the container (to lessen the risk of needing a tamper that you don't have) a Blendtec can do a good job on Green Smoothies. I would 100% recommend getting the Wild Side container however - it does a MUCH better job than the container that comes with the machine.Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 9, 2012, at 3:20 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote:

Lea Ann do you know this guy? He plays both sides of the fence.http://blenderdude.com/ Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 3:17 PM Subject: Re: New Vitamix-making progress! After I read, "Green For Life" http://blenderlady.com/green-smoothies/ I began drinking Green Smoothies daily - have been ever since (that was almost 5 years ago!!!) Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 9, 2012, at 3:01 PM, patti wrote: i did my first green smoothie challenge in February & silly me am still doing it LOL BEWARE!!! green smoothies ARE ADDICTIVE!!! Patti

Guest guest

I just joined the green smoothy group.

sherry

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> i did my first green smoothie challenge in February & silly me am still doing

it LOL BEWARE!!! green smoothies ARE ADDICTIVE!!!

>

>

>

> Patti

>