RemedySpot.com

Budwig protocol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi!

My brother has been diagnosed with cancer and I've done some web searches for

more info. The Budwig program sounds promising and the folks at the health

foods store personally know of some pretty amazing results.

One of the recommendations is cottage cheese and ground flax seeds. 3T seeds and

1/2 cup cottage cheese or quark.

So.........my question is whether my VitaMix would grind the flax well enough to

release the oil. I have the wet container. Since the 2 are to be combined, I am

guessing the seeds should be put in first and then the cottage cheese. Or would

a coffee grinder be better for the seeds?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Ronaye

Guest guest

Hello Ronaye,I was doing flax/cottage cheese for a while (I have the Budwig Diet Book). For small amounts of flax a coffee grinder is better. Flax should ALWAYS be ground RIGHT before you plan to eat it (and not stored) as flax oil begins to go rancid right away - it doesn't have to taste or smell bad to be rancid. Since it takes about a cup (or at minimum 3/4 cup to grind something easily and well in the VM (and not many people are going to eat that much in one sitting) I'd have a cheap coffee grinder handy.In a smoothie, flax can be added whole while you are making the smoothie. In the cottage cheese mixture, you are right - you don't want to blend high enough to grind the flax seeds when the cottage cheese is in there. Protein molecules are fragile and high spinning blades can break apart the individual amino acids.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 13, 2012, at 2:29 AM, Ronaye wrote:

Hi!

My brother has been diagnosed with cancer and I've done some web searches for more info. The Budwig program sounds promising and the folks at the health foods store personally know of some pretty amazing results.

One of the recommendations is cottage cheese and ground flax seeds. 3T seeds and 1/2 cup cottage cheese or quark.

So.........my question is whether my VitaMix would grind the flax well enough to release the oil. I have the wet container. Since the 2 are to be combined, I am guessing the seeds should be put in first and then the cottage cheese. Or would a coffee grinder be better for the seeds?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Ronaye

Guest guest

I don't know, but I suspect there is some damage. But there are times that I just can't worry about it (that's just me). I do know that Immunocal (a whey protein) is not supposed to be blended - also, Mercola says not to scramble eggs for the same reason - I extrapolated from that that proteins can be "fragile". I do the best that I can to reserve proteins for the end and blend them at a lower speed - but in the case of wanting the texture (like cashew cream) I simply don't worry about it