RemedySpot.com

Re: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream'

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

To freeze the watermelon, do you just slice it up, put it in bags and freeze it? I bought a watermelon and cantelope Saturday and need to get them done. Used up my honeydew melon this morning. Thanks, your frozen lemon/limeades sound delicious.

From: Roz <rosalyn_wolfe@...> Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:14 PMSubject: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream'

Happy Sunday night everyone! My daughter in law and son were visiting last week from California. Jenna is lactose intolerant, so I made sure that none of my snacks or smoothies used yogurt or dairy products. Her absolute favorite was "ice cream" that I made using 4 frozen bananas and some frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries. With the concerns on the list about a week ago, I was curious as to how it would come out---well, it is a favorite in my house, and each time I made it, I somehow got my 4 fluffy pillows in each corner!!!! Other favorites were the chocolate Peanut butter (Dean's Peanut butter I think it was called). Our local store had the cans of honey roasted peanuts on sale BOGO so I picked up about 6....easy to measure!!! The kids put 4 jars of the stuff in their suitcase to take home, but are also going to be getting a vitamix of their own really soon!!!We got our vitamix about 3 weeks ago, and I have been making smoothies

every morning for my family (adding spinach or kale to each one) and also making at least one more thing in it every day. OH---almost forgot that we have been making frozen lemonade/limeade mixed with different fruits. Frozen Watermelon limeade was a huge hit!!! And of course frozen berry limeade went over just as well. To make the frozen limeade, I took some frozen berries or watermelon and added some Naturally Fresh brand limeade and whizzed the machine (that's what my son calls it). OMG---if you like adult drinks, add some vodka or rum, but it was so refreshing in this dreadful heat.HUGS to all my Vitamix buddies on the list!

Guest guest

As someone who had peach mush the first time, I recommend flash freezing by

putting pieces on a cookie sheet or something flat first in your freezer and

then putting watermelon pieces in a baggie or container after frozen and then

you can take out the appropriate amount each time.

>

> To freeze the watermelon, do you just slice it up, put it in bags and freeze

it? I bought a watermelon and cantelope Saturday and need to get them done. Used

up my honeydew melon this morning. Thanks, your frozen lemon/limeades sound

delicious.

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Roz <rosalyn_wolfe@...>

>

> Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:14 PM

> Subject: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream'

>

>

>  

> Happy Sunday night everyone! My daughter in law and son were visiting last

week from California. Jenna is lactose intolerant, so I made sure that none of

my snacks or smoothies used yogurt or dairy products. Her absolute favorite was

" ice cream " that I made using 4 frozen bananas and some frozen strawberries and

frozen blueberries. With the concerns on the list about a week ago, I was

curious as to how it would come out---well, it is a favorite in my house, and

each time I made it, I somehow got my 4 fluffy pillows in each corner!!!!

> Other favorites were the chocolate Peanut butter (Dean's Peanut butter I think

it was called). Our local store had the cans of honey roasted peanuts on sale

BOGO so I picked up about 6....easy to measure!!! The kids put 4 jars of the

stuff in their suitcase to take home, but are also going to be getting a vitamix

of their own really soon!!!

> We got our vitamix about 3 weeks ago, and I have been making smoothies every

morning for my family (adding spinach or kale to each one) and also making at

least one more thing in it every day. OH---almost forgot that we have been

making frozen lemonade/limeade mixed with different fruits. Frozen Watermelon

limeade was a huge hit!!! And of course frozen berry limeade went over just as

well. To make the frozen limeade, I took some frozen berries or watermelon and

added some Naturally Fresh brand limeade and whizzed the machine (that's what my

son calls it). OMG---if you like adult drinks, add some vodka or rum, but it was

so refreshing in this dreadful heat.

> HUGS to all my Vitamix buddies on the list!

>

Guest guest

I scoop out pieces with a spoon (they are roundish) and place them in the holes of an ice cube tray (to keep them separated). You could also use a cookie sheet to flash freeze before placing in zip lock bags. If you didn't flash freeze, you would have a solid mass of frozen melon.There is a recipe for watermelon sorbet in the archives (links). It would work with any melon.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 25, 2012, at 12:20 AM, Beth Hall wrote:

To freeze the watermelon, do you just slice it up, put it in bags and freeze it? I bought a watermelon and cantelope Saturday and need to get them done. Used up my honeydew melon this morning. Thanks, your frozen lemon/limeades sound delicious.

From: Roz <rosalyn_wolfe@...> Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:14 PMSubject: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream'

Happy Sunday night everyone! My daughter in law and son were visiting last week from California. Jenna is lactose intolerant, so I made sure that none of my snacks or smoothies used yogurt or dairy products. Her absolute favorite was "ice cream" that I made using 4 frozen bananas and some frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries. With the concerns on the list about a week ago, I was curious as to how it would come out---well, it is a favorite in my house, and each time I made it, I somehow got my 4 fluffy pillows in each corner!!!! Other favorites were the chocolate Peanut butter (Dean's Peanut butter I think it was called). Our local store had the cans of honey roasted peanuts on sale BOGO so I picked up about 6....easy to measure!!! The kids put 4 jars of the stuff in their suitcase to take home, but are also going to be getting a vitamix of their own really soon!!!We got our vitamix about 3 weeks ago, and I have been making smoothies

every morning for my family (adding spinach or kale to each one) and also making at least one more thing in it every day. OH---almost forgot that we have been making frozen lemonade/limeade mixed with different fruits. Frozen Watermelon limeade was a huge hit!!! And of course frozen berry limeade went over just as well. To make the frozen limeade, I took some frozen berries or watermelon and added some Naturally Fresh brand limeade and whizzed the machine (that's what my son calls it). OMG---if you like adult drinks, add some vodka or rum, but it was so refreshing in this dreadful heat.HUGS to all my Vitamix buddies on the list!

Guest guest

LOL, well I forgot to flash freeze my watermelon so I had to drop it on the floor like a bag of ice. It worked at least. Sent from my iPhoneOn Jul 25, 2012, at 6:30 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

I scoop out pieces with a spoon (they are roundish) and place them in the holes of an ice cube tray (to keep them separated). You could also use a cookie sheet to flash freeze before placing in zip lock bags. If you didn't flash freeze, you would have a solid mass of frozen melon.There is a recipe for watermelon sorbet in the archives (links). It would work with any melon.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 25, 2012, at 12:20 AM, Beth Hall wrote:

=

Guest guest

I take about half of the fresh fruit that I have and put it into ziploc bags in

the freezer. Long ago, I used to do this with fruit for teething babies, and

found it worked to skip the step of putting it onto a tray to freeze first ( I

would often go into the freezer and have fruit that I forgot sitting on trays

LOL). If you put the fruit into the bag and lie it flat, it seems to freeze

just fine. I also have a rectangular plastic container that I put fruit in to

keep in the freezer. Use wax paper or parchment to separate layers. We try to

have an assortment of fresh, frozen fruit on hand.

Have fun creating!!!

> >

> > To freeze the watermelon, do you just slice it up, put it in bags and freeze

it? I bought a watermelon and cantelope Saturday and need to get them done. Used

up my honeydew melon this morning. Thanks, your frozen lemon/limeades sound

delicious.

> >

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: Roz <rosalyn_wolfe@>

> >

> > Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:14 PM

> > Subject: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream'

> >

> >

> >  

> > Happy Sunday night everyone! My daughter in law and son were visiting last

week from California. Jenna is lactose intolerant, so I made sure that none of

my snacks or smoothies used yogurt or dairy products. Her absolute favorite was

" ice cream " that I made using 4 frozen bananas and some frozen strawberries and

frozen blueberries. With the concerns on the list about a week ago, I was

curious as to how it would come out---well, it is a favorite in my house, and

each time I made it, I somehow got my 4 fluffy pillows in each corner!!!!

> > Other favorites were the chocolate Peanut butter (Dean's Peanut butter I

think it was called). Our local store had the cans of honey roasted peanuts on

sale BOGO so I picked up about 6....easy to measure!!! The kids put 4 jars of

the stuff in their suitcase to take home, but are also going to be getting a

vitamix of their own really soon!!!

> > We got our vitamix about 3 weeks ago, and I have been making smoothies every

morning for my family (adding spinach or kale to each one) and also making at

least one more thing in it every day. OH---almost forgot that we have been

making frozen lemonade/limeade mixed with different fruits. Frozen Watermelon

limeade was a huge hit!!! And of course frozen berry limeade went over just as

well. To make the frozen limeade, I took some frozen berries or watermelon and

added some Naturally Fresh brand limeade and whizzed the machine (that's what my

son calls it). OMG---if you like adult drinks, add some vodka or rum, but it was

so refreshing in this dreadful heat.

> > HUGS to all my Vitamix buddies on the list!

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you so much for the replies for the watermelon. I have scooped it out and have it in the refrigerator for now. Will do something more permanent tomorrow. Did make a watermelon juice today to take with me to the grocery store. Not bad. Happy Juicing,

From: flnancy1958 <flnancy1958@...> Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:18 AMSubject: Re: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream'

As someone who had peach mush the first time, I recommend flash freezing by putting pieces on a cookie sheet or something flat first in your freezer and then putting watermelon pieces in a baggie or container after frozen and then you can take out the appropriate amount each time.>> To freeze the watermelon, do you just slice it up, put it in bags and freeze it? I bought a watermelon and cantelope Saturday and need to get them done. Used up my honeydew melon this morning. Thanks, your frozen lemon/limeades sound delicious. > > > > ________________________________> From: Roz <rosalyn_wolfe@...>> mailto:%40 > Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:14 PM> Subject: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream'> > > Â > Happy Sunday night everyone! My daughter in law and son were visiting last week from California. Jenna is lactose intolerant, so I made sure that none of my snacks or smoothies used yogurt or dairy products. Her absolute favorite was "ice cream" that I made using 4 frozen bananas and some frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries. With the concerns on the list about a week ago, I was curious as to how it would come out---well, it is a favorite in my house, and each time I made it, I somehow got my 4 fluffy pillows in each corner!!!! > Other favorites were the chocolate Peanut butter (Dean's Peanut butter I think it

was called). Our local store had the cans of honey roasted peanuts on sale BOGO so I picked up about 6....easy to measure!!! The kids put 4 jars of the stuff in their suitcase to take home, but are also going to be getting a vitamix of their own really soon!!!> We got our vitamix about 3 weeks ago, and I have been making smoothies every morning for my family (adding spinach or kale to each one) and also making at least one more thing in it every day. OH---almost forgot that we have been making frozen lemonade/limeade mixed with different fruits. Frozen Watermelon limeade was a huge hit!!! And of course frozen berry limeade went over just as well. To make the frozen limeade, I took some frozen berries or watermelon and added some Naturally Fresh brand limeade and whizzed the machine (that's what my son calls it). OMG---if you like adult drinks, add some vodka or rum, but it was so refreshing in this dreadful heat.> HUGS to all my Vitamix

buddies on the list!>

Guest guest

You can also puree the watermelon then pour it into ice cube trays to freeze…

On Jul 25, 2012, at 9:56 PM, Beth Hall wrote:

Thank you so much for the replies for the watermelon. I have scooped it out and have it in the refrigerator for now. Will do something more permanent tomorrow. Did make a watermelon juice today to take with me to the grocery store. Not bad. Happy Juicing,

From: flnancy1958 <flnancy1958@...> Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:18 AMSubject: Re: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream'

As someone who had peach mush the first time, I recommend flash freezing by putting pieces on a cookie sheet or something flat first in your freezer and then putting watermelon pieces in a baggie or container after frozen and then you can take out the appropriate amount each time.>> To freeze the watermelon, do you just slice it up, put it in bags and freeze it? I bought a watermelon and cantelope Saturday and need to get them done. Used up my honeydew melon this morning. Thanks, your frozen lemon/limeades sound delicious. > > > > ________________________________> From: Roz <rosalyn_wolfe@...>> mailto:%40 > Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:14 PM> Subject: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream'> > > Â > Happy Sunday night everyone! My daughter in law and son were visiting last week from California. Jenna is lactose intolerant, so I made sure that none of my snacks or smoothies used yogurt or dairy products. Her absolute favorite was "ice cream" that I made using 4 frozen bananas and some frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries. With the concerns on the list about a week ago, I was curious as to how it would come out---well, it is a favorite in my house, and each time I made it, I somehow got my 4 fluffy pillows in each corner!!!! > Other favorites were the chocolate Peanut butter (Dean's Peanut butter I think it

was called). Our local store had the cans of honey roasted peanuts on sale BOGO so I picked up about 6....easy to measure!!! The kids put 4 jars of the stuff in their suitcase to take home, but are also going to be getting a vitamix of their own really soon!!!> We got our vitamix about 3 weeks ago, and I have been making smoothies every morning for my family (adding spinach or kale to each one) and also making at least one more thing in it every day. OH---almost forgot that we have been making frozen lemonade/limeade mixed with different fruits. Frozen Watermelon limeade was a huge hit!!! And of course frozen berry limeade went over just as well. To make the frozen limeade, I took some frozen berries or watermelon and added some Naturally Fresh brand limeade and whizzed the machine (that's what my son calls it). OMG---if you like adult drinks, add some vodka or rum, but it was so refreshing in this dreadful heat.> HUGS to all my Vitamix

buddies on the list!>

Guest guest

Leann, I suppose that would be seeds and all? CarylOn Jul 26, 2012, at 5:42 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:You can also puree the watermelon then pour it into ice cube trays to freeze…Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><On Jul 25, 2012, at 9:56 PM, Beth Hall wrote:Thank you so much for the replies for the watermelon. I have scooped it out and have it in the refrigerator for now. Will do something more permanent tomorrow. Did make a watermelon juice today to take with me to the grocery store. Not bad. Happy Juicing, From: flnancy1958 <flnancy1958@...> Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:18 AMSubject: Re: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream' As someone who had peach mush the first time, I recommend flash freezing by putting pieces on a cookie sheet or something flat first in your freezer and then putting watermelon pieces in a baggie or container after frozen and then you can take out the appropriate amount each time.>> To freeze the watermelon, do you just slice it up, put it in bags and freeze it? I bought a watermelon and cantelope Saturday and need to get them done. Used up my honeydew melon this morning. Thanks, your frozen lemon/limeades sound delicious. > > > > ________________________________> From: Roz <rosalyn_wolfe@...>> mailto:%40 > Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:14 PM> Subject: Yummy non-dairy 'ice cream'> > > Â > Happy Sunday night everyone! My daughter in law and son were visiting last week from California. Jenna is lactose intolerant, so I made sure that none of my snacks or smoothies used yogurt or dairy products. Her absolute favorite was "ice cream" that I made using 4 frozen bananas and some frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries. With the concerns on the list about a week ago, I was curious as to how it would come out---well, it is a favorite in my house, and each time I made it, I somehow got my 4 fluffy pillows in each corner!!!! > Other favorites were the chocolate Peanut butter (Dean's Peanut butter I think it was called). Our local store had the cans of honey roasted peanuts on sale BOGO so I picked up about 6....easy to measure!!! The kids put 4 jars of the stuff in their suitcase to take home, but are also going to be getting a vitamix of their own really soon!!!> We got our vitamix about 3 weeks ago, and I have been making smoothies every morning for my family (adding spinach or kale to each one) and also making at least one more thing in it every day. OH---almost forgot that we have been making frozen lemonade/limeade mixed with different fruits. Frozen Watermelon limeade was a huge hit!!! And of course frozen berry limeade went over just as well. To make the frozen limeade, I took some frozen berries or watermelon and added some Naturally Fresh brand limeade and whizzed the machine (that's what my son calls it). OMG---if you like adult drinks, add some vodka or rum, but it was so refreshing in this dreadful heat.> HUGS to all my Vitamix buddies on the list!>

Guest guest

>

> You can also puree the watermelon then pour it into ice cube trays to freeze…

THANK YOU for that bit of advice. I have been wondering about that very thing.

My freezer is getting crowded, I need to figure how to save some space. How

about tomatoes? Any thing else that works well pureed and then frozen in chunks?

I am so glad I bought my Vita Mix. I leaned my hands flat against the wall so I

could kick myself without falling for not doing it years ago.