RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Returning :(

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I don't use sugar in any form except for Stevia. Most of my smoothies are the all-veggie kind - cold green soups, v-8 type juices, etc.The quiche that I make for Home Parties (and my family) are always hits. I could never get as many veggies into my kids without my Vitamix because I never used my food processor (too hard to lug out / use / clean / and put away) but I chop all kind of veggies and put them in all kinds of things (black beans and rice, taco meat, casseroles, chili, soups, salads (like chicken salad), etc.) to get them to eat their veggies!But alas, the Vitamix is not for everyone - we are all unique and have unique tastes/needs/wants. At least you gave it a try!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 12, 2012, at 10:24 AM, *Debbie* wrote:

I tried letting things sit a while but still icy cold and omg the headaches were fierce :(((

there are alot of other things to make I know and they sound good. but

we dont use sugar or other type of sweetners and alot of the recipes call for that.

> >

> > WOW there is more to the vitamix than the cold stuff..

> >

> > Â

> > PattiÂ

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: *Debbie* <debbie_w_ohio@>

> >

> > Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:57 AM

> > Subject: Returning :(

> >

> >

> > Â

> > Guess what? As much as I just loved the Vita Mix..it has to go back.

> > No one in my family can stand the cold drinks, smoothies and desserts.

> > Every time I tried them it gave me a huge headache :(( Just tooo cold I guess.

> >

>

Guest guest

i dont use sugar either but I do use it to make the BEST salad dressings with fresh veggies & sauces & nut butters, nut milks, soups, gosh the list just goes on & on! I have also gone vegan since getting my vitamix. It has been the best purchase i have ever made! it has changed my life for the BETTER!!! I also do not eat anything out of a box I make all my own crackers! Patti

From: *Debbie* <debbie_w_ohio@...> Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:23 AM Subject: Re: Returning :(

yes but for the cost i dont think i would use it enuff. and we dont use sugar or the sweetners :(

>

> WOW there is more to the vitamix than the cold stuff..

>

> Â

> PattiÂ

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: *Debbie* <debbie_w_ohio@...>

>

> Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:57 AM

> Subject: Returning :(

>

>

> Â

> Guess what? As much as I just loved the Vita Mix..it has to go back.

> No one in my family can stand the cold drinks, smoothies and desserts.

> Every time I tried them it gave me a huge headache :(( Just tooo cold I guess.

>

Guest guest

Not trying to convince you, but I don't use sugar or sweeteners either, and

use my VM twice a day with either: green fruit juice -- cold but no ice --

in the morning, V8 type drink at lunch (not cold at all) and soup at night.

One meal a day is " solid. "

I don't make desserts, or use any of the sweetening additives people talk

about here. Don't use thickeners or other additives. Just good, fresh,

natural drinks.

But you know your family!

W

On 5/12/12 8:24 AM *Debbie* wrote:

> I tried letting things sit a while but still icy cold and omg the headaches

> were fierce :(((

> there are alot of other things to make I know and they sound good. but

> we dont use sugar or other type of sweetners and alot of the recipes call for

> that.

Guest guest

It is a shame but at least some lucky person will be able to buy refurbished at a reduced price.

Fran

In a message dated 5/12/2012 10:31:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lsavage@... writes:

I don't use sugar in any form except for Stevia. Most of my smoothies are the all-veggie kind - cold green soups, v-8 type juices, etc.

The quiche that I make for Home Parties (and my family) are always hits. I could never get as many veggies into my kids without my Vitamix because I never used my food processor (too hard to lug out / use / clean / and put away) but I chop all kind of veggies and put them in all kinds of things (black beans and rice, taco meat, casseroles, chili, soups, salads (like chicken salad), etc.) to get them to eat their veggies!

But alas, the Vitamix is not for everyone - we are all unique and have unique tastes/needs/wants. At least you gave it a try!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

I tried letting things sit a while but still icy cold and omg the headaches were fierce :(((there are alot of other things to make I know and they sound good. butwe dont use sugar or other type of sweetners and alot of the recipes call for that.> >> > WOW there is more to the vitamix than the cold stuff..> > > >  > > Patti > > > > > > ________________________________> > From: *Debbie* <debbie_w_ohio@>> > > > Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:57 AM> > Subject: Returning :(> > > > > >  > > Guess what? As much as I just loved the Vita Mix..it has to go back.> > No one in my family can stand the cold drinks, smoothies and desserts.> > Every time I tried them it gave me a huge headache :(( Just tooo cold I guess.> >>

Guest guest

I love mine and mostly make hot soups using all kinds of things I never ate before. I also use it for green smoothies and use frozen grapes or bananas for ice and sweetness in my green smoothies! It's my best friend in my kitchen front and center lol!Sorry Debbie it hasn't worked out for you! Tina Sent from my iPhoneOn May 12, 2012, at 9:36 AM, son <swrightson14@...> wrote:

One meal a day is "solid."

natural drinks.

W

> that.

Guest guest

I have a friend who has a real sweet tooth but whenever he has anything with sugar it puts him to sleep. Will these different sweeteners you folks work for him? Is that the reason many if you don't use regular sugar? TerrySent from my iPadHDOn May 12, 2012, at 11:02 AM, fradal@... wrote:

It is a shame but at least some lucky person will be able to buy refurbished at a reduced price.

Fran

In a message dated 5/12/2012 10:31:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lsavage@... writes:

I don't use sugar in any form except for Stevia. Most of my smoothies are the all-veggie kind - cold green soups, v-8 type juices, etc.

The quiche that I make for Home Parties (and my family) are always hits. I could never get as many veggies into my kids without my Vitamix because I never used my food processor (too hard to lug out / use / clean / and put away) but I chop all kind of veggies and put them in all kinds of things (black beans and rice, taco meat, casseroles, chili, soups, salads (like chicken salad), etc.) to get them to eat their veggies!

But alas, the Vitamix is not for everyone - we are all unique and have unique tastes/needs/wants. At least you gave it a try!

I tried letting things sit a while but still icy cold and omg the headaches were fierce :(((there are alot of other things to make I know and they sound good. butwe dont use sugar or other type of sweetners and alot of the recipes call for that.> >> > WOW there is more to the vitamix than the cold stuff..> > > >  > > Patti > > > > > > ________________________________> > From: *Debbie* <debbie_w_ohio@>> > > > Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:57 AM> > Subject: Returning :(> > > > > >  > > Guess what? As much as I just loved the Vita Mix..it has to go back.> > No one in my family can stand the cold drinks, smoothies and desserts.> > Every time I tried them it gave me a huge headache :(( Just tooo cold I guess.> >>

Guest guest

"IF" i use a sweetener its usually stevia or dates...the best stevia I have found is NuNatruals Pure Liquid Clear Stevia "0" calories & doesnt affect blood sugar Patti From: Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> " " < > Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:55 PM Subject: Re: Re: Returning :(

I have a friend who has a real sweet tooth but whenever he has anything with sugar it puts him to sleep. Will these different sweeteners you folks work for him? Is that the reason many if you don't use regular sugar? TerrySent from my iPadHDOn May 12, 2012, at 11:02 AM, fradal@... wrote:

Fran

Guest guest

I made cornmeal yesterday. I make a lot of pizza and pitas. My friend was here, the one I gave a VM to for Xmas a year or so ago. Anyway we were talking pita. I had given her a ziplock bag of dough I'd made up on her last visit. She was saying her cornmeal was too fine and the pita dough wouldn't slide off the peel. So I said no problem, let's make some the texture you want so I pulled out the popcorn and tossed some in the Vitamix. She got what she wanted and laughed like a loon saying good grief Terry you can do everything with that machine! Now I'm debating if I should buy her a dry container. She has a small kitchen and I'm not sure she'd use the dry that much but over the year she has discovered how useful the regular VM is as a tool. I think once a person gets over the fact that it's a "blender" it becomes more useful. Terry <who made delicious tamales the other day...did the chile part in the VM.>Sent from my iPadHDOn May 12, 2012, at 11:02 AM, Tina Landa <tblanda01@...> wrote:

I love mine and mostly make hot soups using all kinds of things I never ate before. I also use it for green smoothies and use frozen grapes or bananas for ice and sweetness in my green smoothies! It's my best friend in my kitchen front and center lol!Sorry Debbie it hasn't worked out for you! Tina Sent from my iPhoneOn May 12, 2012, at 9:36 AM, son <swrightson14@...> wrote:

One meal a day is "solid."

natural drinks.

W

> that.

Guest guest

I'd encourage you to try it for a month.

Make some salsa, soup, almond milk, maple macadamia nut butter..

Try a new recipe of a different type each day.

So smoothie today, nut butter tomorrow, salsa the next, ice cream

the next etc.

Then decide.

If it's too sweet use some kale. That's probably the only time I

HAVE to add honey or other really sweet fruit.

Tony

On 5/12/2012 12:39 PM, *Debbie* wrote:

It was acutally from the ICY cold stuff lol. Like when

you get a brain freeze eating ice cream etc. I love the

vitamix but for the high cost I doubt I will use it enuff

to justify keeping it, if we cant have smoothies, etc. Oh

well.

> > >

> > > > I tried letting things sit a while but

still icy cold and omg the headaches

> > > > were fierce :(((

> > > > there are alot of other things to make

I know and they sound good. but

> > > > we dont use sugar or other type of

sweetners and alot of the recipes call for

> > > > that.

> > >

> > >

> >

>

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus

signature database 7131 (20120512) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

I'm getting ready for my Soup Group. The " dames " come this Wednesday. I always

host and make fresh bread of some kind and desserts. I just happened to have

15huge long stalks of fresh picked rhubarb. SOOO, I cooked up half the rhubarb

with 1/2 cup sugar and juice from an orange. I turned the heat on, put a cover

on and simmered it for about ten minutes. It drew a fair amount of juice. I put

that in the VitaMix and smoothed it out to silk. Sat that aside. Then I made a

custard and added the smooth rhubarb to the custard. It tastes wonderful. I put

1/2 of the mix into dish and put plastic wrap touching the custard so it doesn't

form a skin.

The other have, one pint of the mix i added 1 1/2 gelatin leaves to the hot mix.

Then I put that into my iSI pro Whip and charged it with one n2o charge, gave it

a shake and it's on it's side in the fridge. I'm going to use the needle and

fill pâté au choux puffs with this mixture which is so light and because of

the gas it gets into every tiny little pore of the pastry. The women will love

these little rhubarb cream puffs. The other custard in the dish we are having

with a pound cake I baked this afternoon.

This is a real long winded way to say the VitaMix doesn't always have to be used

just to produce something you drink or spread. I use it everyday in just regular

cooking. Just like I do my stand mixer and Breville Food Processor.

Terry

Sent from my iPadHD

On May 12, 2012, at 5:03 PM, " *Debbie* " <debbie_w_ohio@...> wrote:

> YOU all have made me Rethink returning it :) After reading all of your

messages in reply, I think I will keep it and try all of what you all have said

to try in the vitamix :) Thank you for all of your replies, I really appreciate

them!!!

>

>

>>>>>>

>>>>>>> I tried letting things sit a while but still icy cold and omg

>>> the headaches

>>>>>>> were fierce :(((

>>>>>>> there are alot of other things to make I know and they sound

>>> good. but

>>>>>>> we dont use sugar or other type of sweetners and alot of the

>>> recipes call for

>>>>>>> that.

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus

>>> signature database 7131 (20120512) __________

>>>

>>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

>>>

>>> http://www.eset.com

>>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Guest guest

Debbie, we care about each and every member here and are always willing

and ready to help with any questions. Many of us have many years

experience with VM and just love helping others " fall in love " with

their VM. Hang in there and ask any question or present any problem, and

someone will always help, usually many will try to help and you can

experiment with the ideas and find the one which works best for you.

Yes, it does seem like a costly machine. But if I knew in 1977 that my

" expensive blender " was going to still be running in 2012, I would have

considered it a very good investment, not just a expensive blender.

IT would be interesting sometime to add up the years of experience with

VM's.

Velda

On 5/12/2012 2:03 PM, *Debbie* wrote:

> YOU all have made me Rethink returning it :) After reading all of your

messages in reply, I think I will keep it and try all of what you all have said

to try in the vitamix :) Thank you for all of your replies, I really appreciate

them!!!

>

>

>>>>>>

>>> the headaches

>>> good. but

>>> recipes call for

>>>>>>> that.

>>>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>

>

>

>

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Where do you get the gelatin leaves?Sent from my iPhoneOn May 12, 2012, at 6:47 PM, Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> wrote:

I'm getting ready for my Soup Group. The "dames" come this Wednesday. I always host and make fresh bread of some kind and desserts. I just happened to have 15huge long stalks of fresh picked rhubarb. SOOO, I cooked up half the rhubarb with 1/2 cup sugar and juice from an orange. I turned the heat on, put a cover on and simmered it for about ten minutes. It drew a fair amount of juice. I put that in the VitaMix and smoothed it out to silk. Sat that aside. Then I made a custard and added the smooth rhubarb to the custard. It tastes wonderful. I put 1/2 of the mix into dish and put plastic wrap touching the custard so it doesn't form a skin.

The other have, one pint of the mix i added 1 1/2 gelatin leaves to the hot mix. Then I put that into my iSI pro Whip and charged it with one n2o charge, gave it a shake and it's on it's side in the fridge. I'm going to use the needle and fill pâté au choux puffs with this mixture which is so light and because of the gas it gets into every tiny little pore of the pastry. The women will love these little rhubarb cream puffs. The other custard in the dish we are having with a pound cake I baked this afternoon.

This is a real long winded way to say the VitaMix doesn't always have to be used just to produce something you drink or spread. I use it everyday in just regular cooking. Just like I do my stand mixer and Breville Food Processor.

Terry

Sent from my iPadHD

On May 12, 2012, at 5:03 PM, "*Debbie*" <debbie_w_ohio@...> wrote:

> YOU all have made me Rethink returning it :) After reading all of your messages in reply, I think I will keep it and try all of what you all have said to try in the vitamix :) Thank you for all of your replies, I really appreciate them!!!

>

>

>>>>>>

>>> the headaches

>>> good. but

>>> recipes call for

>>>>>>> that.

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!