RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: How to Peel Garlic Cloves with a Vitamix! - was - garlic question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello ,I like the way you think creatively and "outside of the box". That would be a GREAT experiment and I assign you to do it and report back to the group (big grin ;-)Seriously, if you try it before I get to the store to get a head of garlic, I would be very interested in the results!I am not sure that the cloves won't also float though…???

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 9, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Bikfalvy wrote:

Wouldn't it be possible to use water in the vitamix, too, to float the paper off the garlic and skip the picking out the paper step? Just wondering. The dvd shows a water chopping method for cabbage...or would that take away too much flavor?

--

Guest guest

Hello all,I hope I'm not committing a faux pas by sharing this discovery I made. After reading this thread on how to peel garlic, I went surfing. I saw a YouTube video where a guy broke apart an entire head of garlic into individual cloves but didn't peel it. He put all the cloves into a large metal bowl and covered it with another metal bowl. Then, he shook the bowls several times vigorously and very clove was completely peeled! I had to try it myself, and I couldn't believe how well it worked! I realize this suggestion doesn't utilize the Vitamix, but I'll certainly be using lots of garlic for all the soups I plan to make in my Vitamix! My Vitamix has been shipped and I will be receiving it soon. I will try peeling a head of garlic using the blender as well so I can compare which does a better job! Either way, I hate peeling garlic, but now I'm afraid I'll peel too much ! LOLJagman2458 (Jim)On 2012-06-09, at 15:28, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello ,I like the way you think creatively and "outside of the box". That would be a GREAT experiment and I assign you to do it and report back to the group (big grin ;-)Seriously, if you try it before I get to the store to get a head of garlic, I would be very interested in the results!I am not sure that the cloves won't also float though…???

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 9, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Bikfalvy wrote:

Wouldn't it be possible to use water in the vitamix, too, to float the paper off the garlic and skip the picking out the paper step? Just wondering. The dvd shows a water chopping method for cabbage...or would that take away too much flavor?

--

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

That's so smart! (and funny instructions, too! lol!)Thanks for the idea. :)FrannySent from my iPhoneOn Jul 1, 2012, at 10:47 AM, "badgett44" <badgett@...> wrote:

Another tip for garlic.

Once peeled, chop a large amount of peeled cloves. (I buy a 5lb jar of peeled garlic and do all at same time.)

Arrange some on some plastic wrap and roll it up into the shape of a cigar. (Pretend you're rolling a joint.)

Put these garlic "cigars" into the freezer.

Now, when you need garlic, unroll the plastic and break off a chunk. Re-wrap and put cigar back into freezer.

Makes it so much easier to use.