RemedySpot.com

Re: Green vegetables

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The easy answer is cut your ingredients in half. Shak From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of yorkiebeebs2Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:24 PM Subject: Green vegetables Just wondering what your favorite greens are to use in your smoothies. So far I'm only made 7 smoothies and I use spinach & cabbage in all them. They don't change the taste but I would like to have a couple more options to change it out. My hubby is loving the smoothies everyday for lunch and I'm so blessed to have made the decision to buy this machine. I made a commitment with myself to use the vitamix everyday or I was going to take it back. (There are several other very expensive purchases in my kitchen that just there.) I don't see a problem because we all look forward to our daily fix.The only problem I have is trying to get my portions correct. I always end up with four glasses and haven't been able to get less because I put such a variety of fruits and vegetables, yogurt, milk and topped off with ice. They are so good though but how do you only make two glasses! This is something I will have to learn as I go. Luckily there are always family around to drink them.

Guest guest

You can also use chard and kale as greens. From: yorkiebeebs2 <yorkiebeebs2@...> Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:23 PM Subject:

Green vegetables

Just wondering what your favorite greens are to use in your smoothies. So far I'm only made 7 smoothies and I use spinach & cabbage in all them. They don't change the taste but I would like to have a couple more options to change it out.

My hubby is loving the smoothies everyday for lunch and I'm so blessed to have made the decision to buy this machine. I made a commitment with myself to use the vitamix everyday or I was going to take it back. (There are several other very expensive purchases in my kitchen that just there.) I don't see a problem because we all look forward to our daily fix.

The only problem I have is trying to get my portions correct. I always end up with four glasses and haven't been able to get less because I put such a variety of fruits and vegetables, yogurt, milk and topped off with ice. They are so good though but how do you only make two glasses! This is something I will have to learn as I go. Luckily there are always family around to drink them.

Guest guest

I also like baby bok choy. I use it quite a bit. Not a significant taste--mixes well with almost anything.

Green vegetables

Just wondering what your favorite greens are to use in your smoothies. So far I'm only made 7 smoothies and I use spinach & cabbage in all them. They don't change the taste but I would like to have a couple more options to change it out. My hubby is loving the smoothies everyday for lunch and I'm so blessed to have made the decision to buy this machine. I made a commitment with myself to use the vitamix topic

Guest guest

I really like curly kale and romaine lettuce hearts. Sent from my iPhoneOn Jun 27, 2012, at 12:23 PM, "yorkiebeebs2" <yorkiebeebs2@...> wrote:

Just wondering what your favorite greens are to use in your smoothies. So far I'm only made 7 smoothies and I use spinach & cabbage in all them. They don't change the taste but I would like to have a couple more options to change it out.

My hubby is loving the smoothies everyday for lunch and I'm so blessed to have made the decision to buy this machine. I made a commitment with myself to use the vitamix everyday or I was going to take it back. (There are several other very expensive purchases in my kitchen that just there.) I don't see a problem because we all look forward to our daily fix.

The only problem I have is trying to get my portions correct. I always end up with four glasses and haven't been able to get less because I put such a variety of fruits and vegetables, yogurt, milk and topped off with ice. They are so good though but how do you only make two glasses! This is something I will have to learn as I go. Luckily there are always family around to drink them.

=

Guest guest

Hello!Here is a link about "Portion Control" (archived on the Links page of our Group)/message/23169There are a few "greens ideas" here:http://blenderlady.com/green-smoothies/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 27, 2012, at 3:23 PM, yorkiebeebs2 wrote:

Guest guest

I love using kale and also use a lot of spinach

>

> Just wondering what your favorite greens are to use in your smoothies. So far

I'm only made 7 smoothies and I use spinach & cabbage in all them. They don't

change the taste but I would like to have a couple more options to change it

out.

>

> My hubby is loving the smoothies everyday for lunch and I'm so blessed to have

made the decision to buy this machine. I made a commitment with myself to use

the vitamix everyday or I was going to take it back. (There are several other

very expensive purchases in my kitchen that just there.) I don't see a problem

because we all look forward to our daily fix.

>

> The only problem I have is trying to get my portions correct. I always end up

with four glasses and haven't been able to get less because I put such a variety

of fruits and vegetables, yogurt, milk and topped off with ice. They are so good

though but how do you only make two glasses! This is something I will have to

learn as I go. Luckily there are always family around to drink them.

>

Guest guest

Kale and spinach is what we use also so far.

> >

> > Just wondering what your favorite greens are to use in your smoothies. So

far I'm only made 7 smoothies and I use spinach & cabbage in all them. They

don't change the taste but I would like to have a couple more options to change

it out.

> >

> > My hubby is loving the smoothies everyday for lunch and I'm so blessed to

have made the decision to buy this machine. I made a commitment with myself to

use the vitamix everyday or I was going to take it back. (There are several

other very expensive purchases in my kitchen that just there.) I don't see a

problem because we all look forward to our daily fix.

> >

> > The only problem I have is trying to get my portions correct. I always end

up with four glasses and haven't been able to get less because I put such a

variety of fruits and vegetables, yogurt, milk and topped off with ice. They are

so good though but how do you only make two glasses! This is something I will

have to learn as I go. Luckily there are always family around to drink them.

> >

>

Guest guest

If you have an Asian Market, there are lots of greens there that are good for

smoothies. The bokChoy-like greens are good and they are not very flavorful. Try

them all.

It's hard to make smaller quantities because it's fun to cram 'em in and watch

it go to work.

>

> Just wondering what your favorite greens are to use in your smoothies.