RemedySpot.com

Stupid questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am new to vitamix.

1. I was hoping to loose weight which I am not. any tips?

2. I have a fruit smoothie in the morning which I think may be why, after all

who would really all that much fruit in one serving? I use a strawberry coconut

keifer, any apple peelings my kids havne't eaten and a full orange. so I am

cutting down but any other suggestions?

3. for lunches I have been taking leftover salad and making a veggie juice but

find my self having to add so much salt and extra tomatos to make this

drinkable. Why couldn't I just eat the salad? (I actually hate salads so

this works for me but it seems silly)

4. I just get the impression although healthier I am eating twice as much (not

calorie wise although I eat three times as much since it is low cal and it takes

a bunch to make a full drink) and not getting as filled up.

I was just looking for some tips. Not doing green smoothies just becuase right

now I am at a good level with my coumadin and want to continue to eat the same

right now to avoid more frequent trips for blood draws.

Am I going about this all wrong?

Also is it true you will loose your ability to digest if all you eat is

smoothies?

Theresa

Guest guest

An orange has 85 calories, a medium apple has 95 calories, and a cup of strawberries only has 49 calories. Coconut anything has many calories. Since you are on Coumadin I would suggest you talk to your doctor as to eating green vegetables since many have vitamin k in them and people on Coumadin should limit their vitamin k intake or let the doctor adjust you Coumadin to meet your intake of vitamin k. Blending vs chewing vs juicing is hotly debated and I am not sure there is any one answer. I blend to incorporate as much nutrients as possible in my diet without adding a lot of calories. You may want to Google it yourself to find answers for yourself. In my experience weight loss is not straight line downwards even when you think you have done everything necessary to lose weight. I can recall being frustrated many times stepping on the scale and actually gaining weight when I know I did everything to lose weight. I believe your body does not want to lose weight and will do everything it can to thwart your efforts especially if you try to starve yourself. For me weight loss was a slow process that took a few years to accomplish but I kept the faith and followed my plan and it worked out. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Theresa GSent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:34 PM Subject: Stupid questions I am new to vitamix.1. I was hoping to loose weight which I am not. any tips?2. I have a fruit smoothie in the morning which I think may be why, after all who would really all that much fruit in one serving? I use a strawberry coconut keifer, any apple peelings my kids havne't eaten and a full orange. so I am cutting down but any other suggestions?3. for lunches I have been taking leftover salad and making a veggie juice but find my self having to add so much salt and extra tomatos to make this drinkable. Why couldn't I just eat the salad? (I actually hate salads so this works for me but it seems silly)4. I just get the impression although healthier I am eating twice as much (not calorie wise although I eat three times as much since it is low cal and it takes a bunch to make a full drink) and not getting as filled up.I was just looking for some tips. Not doing green smoothies just becuase right now I am at a good level with my coumadin and want to continue to eat the same right now to avoid more frequent trips for blood draws.Am I going about this all wrong?Also is it true you will loose your ability to digest if all you eat is smoothies?Theresa

Guest guest

Hi,I think the key is in finding what works for you.  Every diet probably works for someone, but we are all different.  I personally lost weight on my own several years ago by constantly increasing my exercise and decreasing what I was eating.  To keep the weight loss going, I had to keep increasing and decreasing...until one day I realized I was exercising for 3 hours a day and eating only one apple and one glass of skim milk, which was NOT healthy.  As soon as I started eating more normally, I gained the weight back (duh!).

Another time, I tried South Beach Diet (which was EXPENSIVE with all the food I had to buy) and gained weight.  (Guess I was in the 20% it doesn't work for!)I tried the " new " Atkins diet and lost a little weight, but I wasn't convinced the diet was safe or healthy and after initial weight loss of about tens pounds, I was stuck.

Cutting out sweets, sugar, and junkfoods can help me lose about five pounds, then I am stuck.  I already eat whole grains and fruits and veggies.I tried the 17 day diet and lost ten pounds, then was stuck.

So, having gained weight due to not sleeping enough, staying up all night working sometimes (and eating things to stay awake while working, then craving fat-laden, sugary foods all day to help me stay awake after not sleeping...), I needed something that would help me lose weight in a HEALTHY way!

Enter the PINK Method.  It WORKS!!!!  Yay!  I have lost 30 pounds.  The workouts are REALLY hard, but I actually enjoy the phase 3 workouts a lot.  There is a daily smoothie either for breakfast (on " Reset " when you don't exercise) or after a workout to refuel.  You can also use a smoothie to replace a meal when not on Reset.  In an ideal world, I would rewrite the book, adding more recipes and clearing up some of the confusion plus cutting out some crudity, and I would fix some minor errors (one workout has a little note appear saying " only ten more minutes! " when there are 20 more minutes to go).  However, I am SO happy I found something that works for me.

All that to say, keep trying until you find something that works for you.--PS  PINK Method recommends the Vitamix.  :-)