RemedySpot.com

Re: Repost - OT - Lee Ann - Conquering Any Disease

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Caryl,I'm sorry I didn't reply. I didn't have much don't have personal experience with any of them except Maca and Coconut Oil so I was happy when I saw that Gail answered :-)On our links page there is a post titled, "Terrific (Gelatinized) Maca Source" (the links are listed alphabetically, so you will find this with the "T"s/linksThere is so much information on the health benefits of Coconut Oil that books are written about it. I love the book, "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" by Sally Fallon and Dr. Enig.Here are some Google searches for all of these ingredients (sorry - this is the best I can do :-)Health Benefits of Maca:http://www.google.com/search?client=safari & rls=en & q=Health+Benefits+of+Maca & ie=UTF-8 & oe=UTF-8Health Benefits of Coconut Oil:http://www.google.com/search?client=safari & rls=en & q=Health+Benefits+of+coconut+oil & ie=UTF-8 & oe=UTF-8Health Benefits of Kang Yua:http://www.google.com/search?client=safari & rls=en & q=Health+Benefits+of+coconut+oil & ie=UTF-8 & oe=UTF-8(seems like this must be a misspelling, because the search results don't turn up a supplement or food)Health Benefits of Quigong:http://www.google.com/search?client=safari & rls=en & q=Health+Benefits+of+quigong & ie=UTF-8 & oe=UTF-8(Quigong is an exercise - not a supplement???)Health Benefits of Goji berry milk:http://www.google.com/search?client=safari & rls=en & q=Health+Benefits+of+goji+berry+milk & ie=UTF-8 & oe=UTF-8

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 19, 2012, at 6:47 PM, Caryl Goodman wrote:

I posted this yesterday and only Gail responded. So I am reposting. Anyone?

Last week I was at Costco and there was a demo on Blentec Blenders. Was talking w/ guy and he mentioned the book

"Conquering Any Disease" by Jeff Primack. Has anyone heard of this book. Opinions? It's an expensive book $65.00 at

Amazon. Anyway I have hyyperthyroidism and was reading about it in the book. Says to eat maca root powder, Kang Yua

softgels, Qigong, and Goji berry milk. AND 3 T of virgin coconut oil w/ every meal.

I have not heard of ANY of these (well have heard you all talking a little about coconut oil, read about coconut butter in the

files but really don't understanding what you are eating???)

Can another comment on any of this?

Caryl

Guest guest

Sometimes you can put in a request at your local public library and they can

inter library loan the book for you if they don't have it. Also, keep watching

Amazon and I notice their used books get fairly reasonable.

>

> I posted this yesterday and only Gail responded. So I am reposting. Anyone?

>

>

> Last week I was at Costco and there was a demo on Blentec Blenders. Was

talking w/ guy and he mentioned the book

> " Conquering Any Disease " by Jeff Primack. Has anyone heard of this book.

Opinions? It's an expensive book $65.00 at

> Amazon. Anyway I have hyyperthyroidism and was reading about it in the book.

Says to eat maca root powder, Kang Yua

> softgels, Qigong, and Goji berry milk. AND 3 T of virgin coconut oil w/ every

meal.

>

> I have not heard of ANY of these (well have heard you all talking a little

about coconut oil, read about coconut butter in the

> files but really don't understanding what you are eating???)

>

> Can another comment on any of this?

>

> Caryl

>

Guest guest

I have no direct knowledge on this book but there are a few red flags to me starting with the price. $65 seems extremely high to me. This book is available through Amazon and it has many good reviews but most books available through Amazon you are able to " Look Inside " but not with this book which makes me ask myself why not. The " Look Inside " feature lets me get a better feel for the book so I can make a better judgment on the contents. Lastly this book was published in 2005 and I would think that in 7 years if this book truly conquered any disease as the cover implies his work would be more mainstream and we all would be disease free. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Caryl GoodmanSent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:47 PMvitamixEnthusiasts Subject: Repost - OT - Lee Ann - " Conquering Any Disease " I posted this yesterday and only Gail responded. So I am reposting. Anyone? Last week I was at Costco and there was a demo on Blentec Blenders. Was talking w/ guy and he mentioned the book " Conquering Any Disease " by Jeff Primack. Has anyone heard of this book. Opinions? It's an expensive book $65.00 atAmazon. Anyway I have hyyperthyroidism and was reading about it in the book. Says to eat maca root powder, Kang Yuasoftgels, Qigong, and Goji berry milk. AND 3 T of virgin coconut oil w/ every meal. I have not heard of ANY of these (well have heard you all talking a little about coconut oil, read about coconut butter in the files but really don't understanding what you are eating???) Can another comment on any of this? Caryl

Guest guest

I hadn't noticed the book came out that long ago. Apparently author tours the country promoting his book. You're right. If his information was "earth shattering" we'd all probably have heard of it. He'd of been on "some talk show, at the least!". I checked my library, they don't have the book. I really do not want to pay that much money for it. Thanks. CarylOn Jul 20, 2012, at 6:51 AM, "Tom Matuschak" <pmatus@...> wrote:

I have no direct knowledge on this book but there are a few red flags to me starting with the price. $65 seems extremely high to me. This book is available through Amazon and it has many good reviews but most books available through Amazon you are able to "Look Inside" but not with this book which makes me ask myself why not. The "Look Inside" feature lets me get a better feel for the book so I can make a better judgment on the contents. Lastly this book was published in 2005 and I would think that in 7 years if this book truly conquered any disease as the cover implies his work would be more mainstream and we all would be disease free. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Caryl GoodmanSent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:47 PMvitamixEnthusiasts Subject: Repost - OT - Lee Ann - "Conquering Any Disease" I posted this yesterday and only Gail responded. So I am reposting. Anyone? Last week I was at Costco and there was a demo on Blentec Blenders. Was talking w/ guy and he mentioned the book"Conquering Any Disease" by Jeff Primack. Has anyone heard of this book. Opinions? It's an expensive book $65.00 atAmazon. Anyway I have hyyperthyroidism and was reading about it in the book. Says to eat maca root powder, Kang Yuasoftgels, Qigong, and Goji berry milk. AND 3 T of virgin coconut oil w/ every meal. I have not heard of ANY of these (well have heard you all talking a little about coconut oil, read about coconut butter in the files but really don't understanding what you are eating???) Can another comment on any of this? Caryl

Guest guest

I hadn't noticed the book came out that long ago. Apparently author tours the country promoting his book. You're right. If his information was "earth shattering" we'd all probably have heard of it. He'd of been on "some talk show, at the least!". I checked my library, they don't have the book. I really do not want to pay that much money for it. Thanks. CarylOn Jul 20, 2012, at 6:51 AM, "Tom Matuschak" <pmatus@...> wrote:

I have no direct knowledge on this book but there are a few red flags to me starting with the price. $65 seems extremely high to me. This book is available through Amazon and it has many good reviews but most books available through Amazon you are able to "Look Inside" but not with this book which makes me ask myself why not. The "Look Inside" feature lets me get a better feel for the book so I can make a better judgment on the contents. Lastly this book was published in 2005 and I would think that in 7 years if this book truly conquered any disease as the cover implies his work would be more mainstream and we all would be disease free. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Caryl GoodmanSent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:47 PMvitamixEnthusiasts Subject: Repost - OT - Lee Ann - "Conquering Any Disease" I posted this yesterday and only Gail responded. So I am reposting. Anyone? Last week I was at Costco and there was a demo on Blentec Blenders. Was talking w/ guy and he mentioned the book"Conquering Any Disease" by Jeff Primack. Has anyone heard of this book. Opinions? It's an expensive book $65.00 atAmazon. Anyway I have hyyperthyroidism and was reading about it in the book. Says to eat maca root powder, Kang Yuasoftgels, Qigong, and Goji berry milk. AND 3 T of virgin coconut oil w/ every meal. I have not heard of ANY of these (well have heard you all talking a little about coconut oil, read about coconut butter in the files but really don't understanding what you are eating???) Can another comment on any of this? Caryl

Guest guest

Thank you . I misspelled one of the words. It was Kang Yuan, not Kang yua. LOL On Jul 20, 2012, at 8:39 AM, Bikfalvy wrote:<<Says to eat maca root powder, Kang Yuasoftgels, Qigong, and Goji berry milk. AND 3 T of virgin coconut oil w/ every meal.>>I have never heard of the book. Can you check your library system to see if you can find it here? All of the herbs mentioned I have heard of. I have even eaten yogurt that had goji berries in it. They are one of the new "hot" things like pomegranate and blueberry. I don't know what "goji berry MILK" is, though. The others are just herbs. Research each one for the good and bad and decide what you want to take. Remember that herbs have effects just like a medicine does...many medicines are developed from herbs--aspirin is from willow tree bark, for instance. There's a heart medicine from nightshade (a poisonous plant that has a compound that when diluted makes for a heart medicine). If you take any prescription meds, check with your doc about interactions with the herbs.--