RemedySpot.com

Re: Reconditioned Vitamix 5200c

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jan, same thing happened to me. I'm curious to hear your outcome. Also hadn't heard that the 5200c was inferior. If anything I've heard the contrary. Would be interested to hear what folks out there have to say about it. On May 20, 2012, at 2:14 AM, "Jan" <naj4650@...> wrote:

I received my Vitamix a few days ago and looked at it again closely tonight and noticed the model is 5200c and the container does not have a soft grip handle. It is the larger container, not the 48 oz. container. I went back to the order and sure enough I ordered a Vitamix 5200 with soft grip handle. Just emailed the company. Has anyone experienced this when ordering a reconditioned machine? If so, how did the company resolve the issue. It appear from what I've read on-line the 5200c might be inferior to the 5200. Is this true?

=

Guest guest

A few articles mentioned it was made especially for Costco and inferior to the 5200. Upon researching further, it appears just the opposite, as far as inferiority is concerned. The 5200c has a 7 year warranty instead of the standard 5 year on a reconditioned unit. Yes, will update when I hear more. From:

Nina Sober <green_nina@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:21 PM Subject: Re: Reconditioned Vitamix 5200c

Jan, same thing happened to me. I'm curious to hear your outcome. Also hadn't heard that the 5200c was inferior. If anything I've heard the contrary. Would be interested to hear what folks out there have to say about it. On May 20, 2012, at 2:14 AM, "Jan" <naj4650@...> wrote:

I received my Vitamix a few days ago and looked at it again closely tonight and noticed the model is 5200c and the container does not have a soft grip handle. It is the larger container, not the 48 oz. container. I went back to the order and sure enough I ordered a Vitamix 5200 with soft grip handle. Just emailed the company. Has anyone experienced this when ordering a reconditioned machine? If so, how did the company resolve the issue. It appear from what I've read on-line the 5200c might be inferior to the 5200. Is this true?

=

Guest guest

Reconditioned units used be 7-year warranty until the recent price drop (from $379 to $329).The 5200 and the 5200C have the exact same inner workings - same machine essentially. 5200 is packaged with a 64 oz. container and 5200C with a 48 oz. container.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 20, 2012, at 4:28 PM, Jan Connell wrote:

A few articles mentioned it was made especially for Costco and inferior to the 5200. Upon researching further, it appears just the opposite, as far as inferiority is concerned. The 5200c has a 7 year warranty instead of the standard 5 year on a reconditioned unit. Yes, will update when I hear more. From:

Nina Sober <green_nina@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:21 PM Subject: Re: Reconditioned Vitamix 5200c

=

Guest guest

Thanks. I ordered reconditioned Vitamix 5200 with 64 oz soft grip handle and received 5200c with 64 oz container without soft grip handle. Same composite material as the container. I emailed the company and waiting for a response. Suggestions? From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 4:42 PM Subject: Re: Reconditioned Vitamix 5200c

Reconditioned units used be 7-year warranty until the recent price drop (from $379 to $329).The 5200 and the 5200C have the exact same inner workings - same machine essentially. 5200 is packaged with a 64 oz. container and 5200C with a 48 oz. container.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

=

Guest guest

Hello Jan - can you email me a copy of the order? Lsavage@...Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 20, 2012, at 5:56 PM, Jan Connell wrote:

Thanks. I ordered reconditioned Vitamix 5200 with 64 oz soft grip handle and received 5200c with 64 oz container without soft grip handle. Same composite material as the container. I emailed the company and waiting for a response. Suggestions? From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 4:42 PM Subject: Re: Reconditioned Vitamix 5200c

=

Guest guest

Hi Lea Ann,I sure can, give me a couple of minutes.Jan From: Jan Connell <naj4650@...> " " < > Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 5:56 PM Subject: Re: Reconditioned Vitamix 5200c

=

Guest guest

I'm new to the group. Haven't yet received my machine, but now I'm concerned.

Lea Ann, you said the priced dropped on the reconditioned machines from $379 to

$329? Is that correct? My order was from the 5/4 home show you had and my

order form says I am getting the REC 5200 and my price is listed as $399! You

also said I would have a 7 yr warranty. Is that not correct either?

Also, I'm concerned about the post I saw the other day about someone saying they

were told that no machines would be sent out until JULY because they were sold

out? I have emailed the person you told me to email with questions, but haven't

heard back. I've been charged for my machine but haven't gotten anything and

now I'm wondering if I'm gonna get what I ordered.

Any insight?

Thanks,

Stef Riggs

Guest guest

Hello Stef,I understand that it can seem confusing. The Home Show parties are a test market in Vitamix and only a very small hand full of people at the home office even know about the program.You are getting the full 7-year warranty. The Home Show prices (and offer) are completely different from what is happening at www.Vitamix.com - you cannot get a Free Extra Container or the option to purchase on a 5-payment plan from Vitamix.com - ONLY through a Home Party. Right now, you can STILL get a New machine through a Home Party (as long as you are willing to wait 4 + weeks for delivery) but you cannot get a new machine at www.Vitamix.com. Somehow you misunderstood someone's comment. No NEW machines will be shipped out until July (this ONLY relates to www.Vitamix.com) Reconditioned machines are still shipping out and being sold at www.Vitamix.com...After you get your machine, if you'd like to call customer service to confirm the duration of your warranty you can - the 800 number is on the back of your machine right next to the serial number (they will look up the warranty based on your phone number or on by the serial number). Verifying this would not be a bad idea.True, the shortage of machines is taxing every resource that every employee at Vitamix can muster, but they are all working as hard as possible to meet the demand, and fulfill the orders.I will copy Amy on your email and hopefully she will be able to track down the status of your order. Did you get the hard copy of your order that I mailed to you and the letter that indicated a 3-week delivery time frame? The Home Party was held on Friday 5/4/12 and the orders were Fed Ex-ed to Vitamix on Monday morning. 3 weeks from Monday would be the 28th. What day and time did you email Amy?

On May 21, 2012, at 6:12 PM, iamsaffie wrote:

I'm new to the group. Haven't yet received my machine, but now I'm concerned. Lea Ann, you said the priced dropped on the reconditioned machines from $379 to $329? Is that correct? My order was from the 5/4 home show you had and my order form says I am getting the REC 5200 and my price is listed as $399! You also said I would have a 7 yr warranty. Is that not correct either?

Also, I'm concerned about the post I saw the other day about someone saying they were told that no machines would be sent out until JULY because they were sold out? I have emailed the person you told me to email with questions, but haven't heard back. I've been charged for my machine but haven't gotten anything and now I'm wondering if I'm gonna get what I ordered.

Any insight?

Thanks,

Stef Riggs