RemedySpot.com

Re: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I live in California I went to a demo at -Sonoma on the 750 blender a couple of weeks ago, at that time they had them for sale in their store.

After seeing the demo & comparing I did not feel that their was that much improvement from the 500 model ,however I will be a first time user

Dixie

From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 10:22 AMSubject: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300

Hi ,

Well, in all fairness to the demonstrator - communication between us and the home office can be uhm, shall we say… confusing at times.

Vitamix generously gave all of us a Pro 500 (it hasn't arrived yet) so when it gets here, I will be able to practice more for my Costco shows. I expect that the two new pre-sets on the Pro 750 by themselves won't be much different from the pre-sets on the Pro 500/6300 machine. BTW - I will probably sell this machine and buy a 7500 (aka Pro 300) when it is available as the 7500 and not as the Pro 300. I figure by then most of the "kinks" (if there are any) will have been well worked out :-)

So IMO - you have the new motor - you just need the new container to go with it and essentially you have the Pro 300 (or 7500).

I'll have this Pro 500 to play with pre-sets (and in order to sell them, I need to know how they work, and how I can incorporate them into my daily use) but really don't anticipate that I will want a machine with pre-sets.

ANYONE with machines with pre-sets want to tell me how you use YOUR pre-sets??? I'm all ears :-)

BTW , I'm jealous that you have that Elite motor - I'm SO ANXIOUS to get my hands on the 7500 - the Elite Motor with the new squat 64 oz. container so I can find out for myself how they work!!!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)http://www.blenderlady.com/(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:05 PM, gotgreensrevolution wrote:

I was told this by another demonstrator a little while ago. They obviously misspoke (or didn't have the correct info at the time).Thank you for clearing that up Lea Ann!I've had the opportunity to play with the Elite and it is a joy! But it didn't have the new 64 oz container. I'm also giddy about the 7500 and while I'm also not a big fan of pre-sets either, I am interested in how the 750 pre-sets will work compared to the 500. > > >> > > what are the differences between these 2 models? a friend saw the 6300 at Costco yesterday, she said it was brand new...> > >> >>

Guest guest

To tell you the truth Lea Ann I am not sure what you find objectionable with the presets. As you know there are 3 presets, one for Smoothies, one for frozen, and the other for soups. Once you select your preset you can walk away from it as long as you don't have to use the tamper. Once you are in the preset cycle and you want to stop it all you have to do is hit the start switch. If you think what you are making needs some more time cycle it again or use the manual setting. In the directions they suggest you use the Smoothie preset for cleaning. I always thought that the smoothie cycle was over kill and maybe that is why they added a cleaning preset to the new machines. I have the Professional 500 and got it last Christmas from Sonoma during their Christmas sale. I paid $449 during this promotion. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:23 PM Subject: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hi , Well, in all fairness to the demonstrator - communication between us and the home office can be uhm, shall we say… confusing at times. Vitamix generously gave all of us a Pro 500 (it hasn't arrived yet) so when it gets here, I will be able to practice more for my Costco shows. I expect that the two new pre-sets on the Pro 750 by themselves won't be much different from the pre-sets on the Pro 500/6300 machine. BTW - I will probably sell this machine and buy a 7500 (aka Pro 300) when it is available as the 7500 and not as the Pro 300. I figure by then most of the " kinks " (if there are any) will have been well worked out :-) So IMO - you have the new motor - you just need the new container to go with it and essentially you have the Pro 300 (or 7500). I'll have this Pro 500 to play with pre-sets (and in order to sell them, I need to know how they work, and how I can incorporate them into my daily use) but really don't anticipate that I will want a machine with pre-sets. ANYONE with machines with pre-sets want to tell me how you use YOUR pre-sets??? I'm all ears :-) BTW , I'm jealous that you have that Elite motor - I'm SO ANXIOUS to get my hands on the 7500 - the Elite Motor with the new squat 64 oz. container so I can find out for myself how they work!!! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:05 PM, gotgreensrevolution wrote: I was told this by another demonstrator a little while ago. They obviously misspoke (or didn't have the correct info at the time).Thank you for clearing that up Lea Ann!I've had the opportunity to play with the Elite and it is a joy! But it didn't have the new 64 oz container. I'm also giddy about the 7500 and while I'm also not a big fan of pre-sets either, I am interested in how the 750 pre-sets will work compared to the 500. > > >> > > what are the differences between these 2 models? a friend saw the 6300 at Costco yesterday, she said it was brand new...> > >> >>

Guest guest

Hello Tom,I don't find them objectionable, I just don't know how I will use them in a demonstration. I watch my ice cream like a hawk and stop at EXACTLY the precise moment that I think it is ready - the smoothie cycle is too short for a show smoothie (I need more time for my spiel, and also to process a full pitcher - filled to above the top) I also stop my smoothie exactly when I want it to stop.A pre-set doesn't know if I'm using frozen blueberries, strawberries, or ice milk cubes - all will require a different amount of time to process. A juice or smoothie cycle cannot account for volume. Soup cycle - did I start with cold, warm, or hot water?At home I know that I can use or not use the pre-sets as I might want to (making the adjustments that you recommended), but in a show, well… it will take a lot of practice.And, if I need to repeat cycles or finish them off with the variable - I don't really see the need for them in the first place. I walk away from my 5200 when I want to (usually only when making soup) Otherwise, I've never really needed a pre-set. The chefs don't use the pre-sets for the same reasons - they prefer to be in control of speed, and timing - gearing both to what is in the container - a pre-set has no idea. Oh well, I'd better learn to change my tune/opinion otherwise I'll stink at selling them! :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 25, 2012, at 7:09 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote:

To tell you the truth Lea Ann I am not sure what you find objectionable with the presets. As you know there are 3 presets, one for Smoothies, one for frozen, and the other for soups. Once you select your preset you can walk away from it as long as you don't have to use the tamper. Once you are in the preset cycle and you want to stop it all you have to do is hit the start switch. If you think what you are making needs some more time cycle it again or use the manual setting. In the directions they suggest you use the Smoothie preset for cleaning. I always thought that the smoothie cycle was over kill and maybe that is why they added a cleaning preset to the new machines. I have the Professional 500 and got it last Christmas from Sonoma during their Christmas sale. I paid $449 during this promotion. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:23 PM Subject: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hi , Well, in all fairness to the demonstrator - communication between us and the home office can be uhm, shall we say… confusing at times. Vitamix generously gave all of us a Pro 500 (it hasn't arrived yet) so when it gets here, I will be able to practice more for my Costco shows. I expect that the two new pre-sets on the Pro 750 by themselves won't be much different from the pre-sets on the Pro 500/6300 machine. BTW - I will probably sell this machine and buy a 7500 (aka Pro 300) when it is available as the 7500 and not as the Pro 300. I figure by then most of the "kinks" (if there are any) will have been well worked out :-) So IMO - you have the new motor - you just need the new container to go with it and essentially you have the Pro 300 (or 7500). I'll have this Pro 500 to play with pre-sets (and in order to sell them, I need to know how they work, and how I can incorporate them into my daily use) but really don't anticipate that I will want a machine with pre-sets. ANYONE with machines with pre-sets want to tell me how you use YOUR pre-sets??? I'm all ears :-) BTW , I'm jealous that you have that Elite motor - I'm SO ANXIOUS to get my hands on the 7500 - the Elite Motor with the new squat 64 oz. container so I can find out for myself how they work!!! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:05 PM, gotgreensrevolution wrote: I was told this by another demonstrator a little while ago. They obviously misspoke (or didn't have the correct info at the time).Thank you for clearing that up Lea Ann!I've had the opportunity to play with the Elite and it is a joy! But it didn't have the new 64 oz container. I'm also giddy about the 7500 and while I'm also not a big fan of pre-sets either, I am interested in how the 750 pre-sets will work compared to the 500. > > >> > > what are the differences between these 2 models? a friend saw the 6300 at Costco yesterday, she said it was brand new...> > >> >>

Guest guest

It sounds like it's going to be like starting all over again...but without the ability to tweak a recipe for success and an audience...Yikes! Not goodJaneOn Jun 25, 2012, at 7:29 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Hello Tom,I don't find them objectionable, I just don't know how I will use them in a demonstration. I watch my ice cream like a hawk and stop at EXACTLY the precise moment that I think it is ready - the smoothie cycle is too short for a show smoothie (I need more time for my spiel, and also to process a full pitcher - filled to above the top) I also stop my smoothie exactly when I want it to stop.A pre-set doesn't know if I'm using frozen blueberries, strawberries, or ice milk cubes - all will require a different amount of time to process. A juice or smoothie cycle cannot account for volume. Soup cycle - did I start with cold, warm, or hot water?At home I know that I can use or not use the pre-sets as I might want to (making the adjustments that you recommended), but in a show, well… it will take a lot of practice.And, if I need to repeat cycles or finish them off with the variable - I don't really see the need for them in the first place. I walk away from my 5200 when I want to (usually only when making soup) Otherwise, I've never really needed a pre-set. The chefs don't use the pre-sets for the same reasons - they prefer to be in control of speed, and timing - gearing both to what is in the container - a pre-set has no idea. Oh well, I'd better learn to change my tune/opinion otherwise I'll stink at selling them! :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

To tell you the truth Lea Ann I am not sure what you find objectionable with the presets. As you know there are 3 presets, one for Smoothies, one for frozen, and the other for soups. Once you select your preset you can walk away from it as long as you don't have to use the tamper. Once you are in the preset cycle and you want to stop it all you have to do is hit the start switch. If you think what you are making needs some more time cycle it again or use the manual setting. In the directions they suggest you use the Smoothie preset for cleaning. I always thought that the smoothie cycle was over kill and maybe that is why they added a cleaning preset to the new machines. I have the Professional 500 and got it last Christmas from Sonoma during their Christmas sale. I paid $449 during this promotion. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:23 PM Subject: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hi , Well, in all fairness to the demonstrator - communication between us and the home office can be uhm, shall we say… confusing at times. Vitamix generously gave all of us a Pro 500 (it hasn't arrived yet) so when it gets here, I will be able to practice more for my Costco shows. I expect that the two new pre-sets on the Pro 750 by themselves won't be much different from the pre-sets on the Pro 500/6300 machine. BTW - I will probably sell this machine and buy a 7500 (aka Pro 300) when it is available as the 7500 and not as the Pro 300. I figure by then most of the "kinks" (if there are any) will have been well worked out :-) So IMO - you have the new motor - you just need the new container to go with it and essentially you have the Pro 300 (or 7500). I'll have this Pro 500 to play with pre-sets (and in order to sell them, I need to know how they work, and how I can incorporate them into my daily use) but really don't anticipate that I will want a machine with pre-sets. ANYONE with machines with pre-sets want to tell me how you use YOUR pre-sets??? I'm all ears :-) BTW , I'm jealous that you have that Elite motor - I'm SO ANXIOUS to get my hands on the 7500 - the Elite Motor with the new squat 64 oz. container so I can find out for myself how they work!!! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:05 PM, gotgreensrevolution wrote:

Guest guest

I think those that are new to Vitamix will welcome the presets. It takes all the guessing out of it while learning to use their mixer. People won't have to feel when reading the recipes in the cookbook that they have to pull out a stopwatch. The presets are also great for kids. I believe it lets them own what they are making and are more likely to consume it and make other things as well. I have mostly used the presets for Smoothies and they have come out fine and I use a verity of fresh and frozen ingredients. It may be wise to have a few recipes you are comfortable with that will turn out fine for the demo with presets. As for the soups I believe they call for hot water in the recipe book. The Create Cookbook is exactly the same as the Whole Food Cookbook except for a couple of added chapters. Some recipes in the Create Cookbook suggest using the presets and others suggests timing. In the end you still are in control. If it needs more processing add another cycle and stop it anytime you want or use the manual controls. I think it is new and you are not comfortable with it. As time goes by I am sure you will find your way. As far as the chef statement goes I don't believe you will be selling too many chefs in your demos but I understand your point. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 7:30 PM Subject: Re: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hello Tom, I don't find them objectionable, I just don't know how I will use them in a demonstration. I watch my ice cream like a hawk and stop at EXACTLY the precise moment that I think it is ready - the smoothie cycle is too short for a show smoothie (I need more time for my spiel, and also to process a full pitcher - filled to above the top) I also stop my smoothie exactly when I want it to stop. A pre-set doesn't know if I'm using frozen blueberries, strawberries, or ice milk cubes - all will require a different amount of time to process. A juice or smoothie cycle cannot account for volume. Soup cycle - did I start with cold, warm, or hot water? At home I know that I can use or not use the pre-sets as I might want to (making the adjustments that you recommended), but in a show, well… it will take a lot of practice. And, if I need to repeat cycles or finish them off with the variable - I don't really see the need for them in the first place. I walk away from my 5200 when I want to (usually only when making soup) Otherwise, I've never really needed a pre-set. The chefs don't use the pre-sets for the same reasons - they prefer to be in control of speed, and timing - gearing both to what is in the container - a pre-set has no idea. Oh well, I'd better learn to change my tune/opinion otherwise I'll stink at selling them! :-) Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 7:09 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote: To tell you the truth Lea Ann I am not sure what you find objectionable with the presets. As you know there are 3 presets, one for Smoothies, one for frozen, and the other for soups. Once you select your preset you can walk away from it as long as you don't have to use the tamper. Once you are in the preset cycle and you want to stop it all you have to do is hit the start switch. If you think what you are making needs some more time cycle it again or use the manual setting. In the directions they suggest you use the Smoothie preset for cleaning. I always thought that the smoothie cycle was over kill and maybe that is why they added a cleaning preset to the new machines. I have the Professional 500 and got it last Christmas from Sonoma during their Christmas sale. I paid $449 during this promotion. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:23 PM Subject: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hi , Well, in all fairness to the demonstrator - communication between us and the home office can be uhm, shall we say… confusing at times. Vitamix generously gave all of us a Pro 500 (it hasn't arrived yet) so when it gets here, I will be able to practice more for my Costco shows. I expect that the two new pre-sets on the Pro 750 by themselves won't be much different from the pre-sets on the Pro 500/6300 machine. BTW - I will probably sell this machine and buy a 7500 (aka Pro 300) when it is available as the 7500 and not as the Pro 300. I figure by then most of the " kinks " (if there are any) will have been well worked out :-) So IMO - you have the new motor - you just need the new container to go with it and essentially you have the Pro 300 (or 7500). I'll have this Pro 500 to play with pre-sets (and in order to sell them, I need to know how they work, and how I can incorporate them into my daily use) but really don't anticipate that I will want a machine with pre-sets. ANYONE with machines with pre-sets want to tell me how you use YOUR pre-sets??? I'm all ears :-) BTW , I'm jealous that you have that Elite motor - I'm SO ANXIOUS to get my hands on the 7500 - the Elite Motor with the new squat 64 oz. container so I can find out for myself how they work!!! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:05 PM, gotgreensrevolution wrote: I was told this by another demonstrator a little while ago. They obviously misspoke (or didn't have the correct info at the time).Thank you for clearing that up Lea Ann!I've had the opportunity to play with the Elite and it is a joy! But it didn't have the new 64 oz container. I'm also giddy about the 7500 and while I'm also not a big fan of pre-sets either, I am interested in how the 750 pre-sets will work compared to the 500. > > >> > > what are the differences between these 2 models? a friend saw the 6300 at Costco yesterday, she said it was brand new...> > >> >>

Guest guest

YES - my spiel has evolved over 4 years and is COMPLETELY precise now. I guess it was time for this old dog to be force to learn new tricks! ;-)

On Jun 25, 2012, at 7:41 PM, Jane Edenfield wrote:

It sounds like it's going to be like starting all over again...but without the ability to tweak a recipe for success and an audience...Yikes! Not goodJaneOn Jun 25, 2012, at 7:29 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

To tell you the truth Lea Ann I am not sure what you find objectionable with the presets. As you know there are 3 presets, one for Smoothies, one for frozen, and the other for soups. Once you select your preset you can walk away from it as long as you don't have to use the tamper. Once you are in the preset cycle and you want to stop it all you have to do is hit the start switch. If you think what you are making needs some more time cycle it again or use the manual setting. In the directions they suggest you use the Smoothie preset for cleaning. I always thought that the smoothie cycle was over kill and maybe that is why they added a cleaning preset to the new machines. I have the Professional 500 and got it last Christmas from Sonoma during their Christmas sale. I paid $449 during this promotion. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:23 PM Subject: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hi , Well, in all fairness to the demonstrator - communication between us and the home office can be uhm, shall we say… confusing at times. Vitamix generously gave all of us a Pro 500 (it hasn't arrived yet) so when it gets here, I will be able to practice more for my Costco shows. I expect that the two new pre-sets on the Pro 750 by themselves won't be much different from the pre-sets on the Pro 500/6300 machine. BTW - I will probably sell this machine and buy a 7500 (aka Pro 300) when it is available as the 7500 and not as the Pro 300. I figure by then most of the "kinks" (if there are any) will have been well worked out :-) So IMO - you have the new motor - you just need the new container to go with it and essentially you have the Pro 300 (or 7500). I'll have this Pro 500 to play with pre-sets (and in order to sell them, I need to know how they work, and how I can incorporate them into my daily use) but really don't anticipate that I will want a machine with pre-sets. ANYONE with machines with pre-sets want to tell me how you use YOUR pre-sets??? I'm all ears :-) BTW , I'm jealous that you have that Elite motor - I'm SO ANXIOUS to get my hands on the 7500 - the Elite Motor with the new squat 64 oz. container so I can find out for myself how they work!!! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:05 PM, gotgreensrevolution wrote:

Guest guest

Don't see any OLD dogs on this list. lol

Beth

pre-sets... was - 5200v6300

Hi ,

Well, in all fairness to the demonstrator - communication between us and the home office can be uhm, shall we say… confusing at times.

Vitamix generously gave all of us a Pro 500 (it hasn't arrived yet) so when it gets here, I will be able to practice more for my Costco shows. I expect that the two new pre-sets on the Pro 750 by themselves won't be much different from the pre-sets on the Pro 500/6300 machine. BTW - I will probably sell this machine and buy a 7500 (aka Pro 300) when it is available as the 7500 and not as the Pro 300. I figure by then most of the "kinks" (if there are any) will have been well worked out :-)

So IMO - you have the new motor - you just need the new container to go with it and essentially you have the Pro 300 (or 7500).

I'll have this Pro 500 to play with pre-sets (and in order to sell them, I need to know how they work, and how I can incorporate them into my daily use) but really don't anticipate that I will want a machine with pre-sets.

ANYONE with machines with pre-sets want to tell me how you use YOUR pre-sets??? I'm all ears :-)

BTW , I'm jealous that you have that Elite motor - I'm SO ANXIOUS to get my hands on the 7500 - the Elite Motor with the new squat 64 oz. container so I can find out for myself how they work!!!

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com

(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)

<:)))><

Guest guest

LOL Beth! Not an OLD dog...

On Jun 25, 2012, at 8:31 PM, jelkschef@... wrote:

Don't see any OLD dogs on this list. lol

Beth

pre-sets... was - 5200v6300

Hi ,

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com

(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)

<:)))><

Guest guest

I'm taking notes Tom - I'm going to have to focus on the benefits! THANKS!I'll have to adapt my recipes to work within the confines of the pre-sets AND if they don't turn out within the confines of the pre-sets TEACH the audience how to finish off with the variable controls!

On Jun 25, 2012, at 8:10 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote:

I think those that are new to Vitamix will welcome the presets. It takes all the guessing out of it while learning to use their mixer. People won't have to feel when reading the recipes in the cookbook that they have to pull out a stopwatch. The presets are also great for kids. I believe it lets them own what they are making and are more likely to consume it and make other things as well. I have mostly used the presets for Smoothies and they have come out fine and I use a verity of fresh and frozen ingredients. It may be wise to have a few recipes you are comfortable with that will turn out fine for the demo with presets. As for the soups I believe they call for hot water in the recipe book. The Create Cookbook is exactly the same as the Whole Food Cookbook except for a couple of added chapters. Some recipes in the Create Cookbook suggest using the presets and others suggests timing. In the end you still are in control. If it needs more processing add another cycle and stop it anytime you want or use the manual controls. I think it is new and you are not comfortable with it. As time goes by I am sure you will find your way. As far as the chef statement goes I don't believe you will be selling too many chefs in your demos but I understand your point. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 7:30 PM Subject: Re: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hello Tom, I don't find them objectionable, I just don't know how I will use them in a demonstration. I watch my ice cream like a hawk and stop at EXACTLY the precise moment that I think it is ready - the smoothie cycle is too short for a show smoothie (I need more time for my spiel, and also to process a full pitcher - filled to above the top) I also stop my smoothie exactly when I want it to stop. A pre-set doesn't know if I'm using frozen blueberries, strawberries, or ice milk cubes - all will require a different amount of time to process. A juice or smoothie cycle cannot account for volume. Soup cycle - did I start with cold, warm, or hot water? At home I know that I can use or not use the pre-sets as I might want to (making the adjustments that you recommended), but in a show, well… it will take a lot of practice. And, if I need to repeat cycles or finish them off with the variable - I don't really see the need for them in the first place. I walk away from my 5200 when I want to (usually only when making soup) Otherwise, I've never really needed a pre-set. The chefs don't use the pre-sets for the same reasons - they prefer to be in control of speed, and timing - gearing both to what is in the container - a pre-set has no idea. Oh well, I'd better learn to change my tune/opinion otherwise I'll stink at selling them! :-) Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 7:09 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote: To tell you the truth Lea Ann I am not sure what you find objectionable with the presets. As you know there are 3 presets, one for Smoothies, one for frozen, and the other for soups. Once you select your preset you can walk away from it as long as you don't have to use the tamper. Once you are in the preset cycle and you want to stop it all you have to do is hit the start switch. If you think what you are making needs some more time cycle it again or use the manual setting. In the directions they suggest you use the Smoothie preset for cleaning. I always thought that the smoothie cycle was over kill and maybe that is why they added a cleaning preset to the new machines. I have the Professional 500 and got it last Christmas from Sonoma during their Christmas sale. I paid $449 during this promotion. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:23 PM Subject: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hi , Well, in all fairness to the demonstrator - communication between us and the home office can be uhm, shall we say… confusing at times. Vitamix generously gave all of us a Pro 500 (it hasn't arrived yet) so when it gets here, I will be able to practice more for my Costco shows. I expect that the two new pre-sets on the Pro 750 by themselves won't be much different from the pre-sets on the Pro 500/6300 machine. BTW - I will probably sell this machine and buy a 7500 (aka Pro 300) when it is available as the 7500 and not as the Pro 300. I figure by then most of the "kinks" (if there are any) will have been well worked out :-) So IMO - you have the new motor - you just need the new container to go with it and essentially you have the Pro 300 (or 7500). I'll have this Pro 500 to play with pre-sets (and in order to sell them, I need to know how they work, and how I can incorporate them into my daily use) but really don't anticipate that I will want a machine with pre-sets. ANYONE with machines with pre-sets want to tell me how you use YOUR pre-sets??? I'm all ears :-) BTW , I'm jealous that you have that Elite motor - I'm SO ANXIOUS to get my hands on the 7500 - the Elite Motor with the new squat 64 oz. container so I can find out for myself how they work!!! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:05 PM, gotgreensrevolution wrote: I was told this by another demonstrator a little while ago. They obviously misspoke (or didn't have the correct info at the time).Thank you for clearing that up Lea Ann!I've had the opportunity to play with the Elite and it is a joy! But it didn't have the new 64 oz container. I'm also giddy about the 7500 and while I'm also not a big fan of pre-sets either, I am interested in how the 750 pre-sets will work compared to the 500. > > >> > > what are the differences between these 2 models? a friend saw the 6300 at Costco yesterday, she said it was brand new...> > >> >>

Guest guest

I have had mine vitmix for 1 week and I want to be in control not using pre-sets. I am like Lea Ann if you are using frozen fruit the pre-set will not know this. I am glad I got mine before all the changes. Kay From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Tom MatuschakSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 8:10 PM Subject: RE: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 I think those that are new to Vitamix will welcome the presets. It takes all the guessing out of it while learning to use their mixer. People won't have to feel when reading the recipes in the cookbook that they have to pull out a stopwatch. The presets are also great for kids. I believe it lets them own what they are making and are more likely to consume it and make other things as well. I have mostly used the presets for Smoothies and they have come out fine and I use a verity of fresh and frozen ingredients. It may be wise to have a few recipes you are comfortable with that will turn out fine for the demo with presets. As for the soups I believe they call for hot water in the recipe book. The Create Cookbook is exactly the same as the Whole Food Cookbook except for a couple of added chapters. Some recipes in the Create Cookbook suggest using the presets and others suggests timing.In the end you still are in control. If it needs more processing add another cycle and stop it anytime you want or use the manual controls. I think it is new and you are not comfortable with it. As time goes by I am sure you will find your way. As far as the chef statement goes I don't believe you will be selling too many chefs in your demos but I understand your point. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 7:30 PM Subject: Re: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hello Tom, I don't find them objectionable, I just don't know how I will use them in a demonstration. I watch my ice cream like a hawk and stop at EXACTLY the precise moment that I think it is ready - the smoothie cycle is too short for a show smoothie (I need more time for my spiel, and also to process a full pitcher - filled to above the top) I also stop my smoothie exactly when I want it to stop. A pre-set doesn't know if I'm using frozen blueberries, strawberries, or ice milk cubes - all will require a different amount of time to process. A juice or smoothie cycle cannot account for volume. Soup cycle - did I start with cold, warm, or hot water? At home I know that I can use or not use the pre-sets as I might want to (making the adjustments that you recommended), but in a show, well… it will take a lot of practice. And, if I need to repeat cycles or finish them off with the variable - I don't really see the need for them in the first place. I walk away from my 5200 when I want to (usually only when making soup) Otherwise, I've never really needed a pre-set. The chefs don't use the pre-sets for the same reasons - they prefer to be in control of speed, and timing - gearing both to what is in the container - a pre-set has no idea. Oh well, I'd better learn to change my tune/opinion otherwise I'll stink at selling them! :-) Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 7:09 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote: To tell you the truth Lea Ann I am not sure what you find objectionable with the presets. As you know there are 3 presets, one for Smoothies, one for frozen, and the other for soups. Once you select your preset you can walk away from it as long as you don't have to use the tamper. Once you are in the preset cycle and you want to stop it all you have to do is hit the start switch. If you think what you are making needs some more time cycle it again or use the manual setting. In the directions they suggest you use the Smoothie preset for cleaning. I always thought that the smoothie cycle was over kill and maybe that is why they added a cleaning preset to the new machines. I have the Professional 500 and got it last Christmas from Sonoma during their Christmas sale. I paid $449 during this promotion. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:23 PM Subject: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hi , Well, in all fairness to the demonstrator - communication between us and the home office can be uhm, shall we say… confusing at times. Vitamix generously gave all of us a Pro 500 (it hasn't arrived yet) so when it gets here, I will be able to practice more for my Costco shows. I expect that the two new pre-sets on the Pro 750 by themselves won't be much different from the pre-sets on the Pro 500/6300 machine. BTW - I will probably sell this machine and buy a 7500 (aka Pro 300) when it is available as the 7500 and not as the Pro 300. I figure by then most of the " kinks " (if there are any) will have been well worked out :-) So IMO - you have the new motor - you just need the new container to go with it and essentially you have the Pro 300 (or 7500). I'll have this Pro 500 to play with pre-sets (and in order to sell them, I need to know how they work, and how I can incorporate them into my daily use) but really don't anticipate that I will want a machine with pre-sets. ANYONE with machines with pre-sets want to tell me how you use YOUR pre-sets??? I'm all ears :-) BTW , I'm jealous that you have that Elite motor - I'm SO ANXIOUS to get my hands on the 7500 - the Elite Motor with the new squat 64 oz. container so I can find out for myself how they work!!! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:05 PM, gotgreensrevolution wrote: I was told this by another demonstrator a little while ago. They obviously misspoke (or didn't have the correct info at the time).Thank you for clearing that up Lea Ann!I've had the opportunity to play with the Elite and it is a joy! But it didn't have the new 64 oz container. I'm also giddy about the 7500 and while I'm also not a big fan of pre-sets either, I am interested in how the 750 pre-sets will work compared to the 500. > > >> > > what are the differences between these 2 models? a friend saw the 6300 at Costco yesterday, she said it was brand new...> > >> >> No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.2180 / Virus Database: 2437/5093 - Release Date: 06/25/12No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2012.0.2180 / Virus Database: 2437/5093 - Release Date: 06/25/12

Guest guest

I agree! ******************************************************"Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain From: Kay Bowman <kbowman@...> Sent:

Monday, June 25, 2012 9:30 PM Subject: RE: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300

I have had mine vitmix for 1 week and I want to be in control not using pre-sets. I am like Lea Ann if you are using frozen fruit the pre-set will not know this. I am glad I got mine before all the changes. Kay From:

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Tom MatuschakSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 8:10 PM Subject: RE: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 I think those that are new to Vitamix will welcome the presets. It takes all the guessing out of it while learning to use their mixer. People won't have to feel when reading the recipes in the cookbook that they have to pull out a stopwatch. The presets are also great for kids. I believe it lets them own what they are making and are more likely to consume it and make other

things as well. I have mostly used the presets for Smoothies and they have come out fine and I use a verity of fresh and frozen ingredients. It may be wise to have a few recipes you are comfortable with that will turn out fine for the demo with presets. As for the soups I believe they call for hot water in the recipe book. The Create Cookbook is exactly the same as the Whole Food Cookbook except for a couple of added chapters. Some recipes in the Create Cookbook suggest using the presets and others suggests timing.In the end you still are in control. If it needs more processing add another cycle and stop it anytime you want or use the manual controls. I think it is new and you are not comfortable with it. As time goes by I am sure you will find your way. As far as the chef statement goes I don't

believe you will be selling too many chefs in your demos but I understand your point. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 7:30 PMTo:

Subject: Re: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hello Tom, I don't find them objectionable, I just don't know how I will use them in a demonstration. I watch my ice cream like a hawk and stop at EXACTLY the precise moment that I think it is ready - the smoothie cycle is too short for a show smoothie (I need more time for my spiel, and also to process a full pitcher - filled to above the top) I also stop my smoothie exactly when I want it to stop. A

pre-set doesn't know if I'm using frozen blueberries, strawberries, or ice milk cubes - all will require a different amount of time to process. A juice or smoothie cycle cannot account for volume. Soup cycle - did I start with cold, warm, or hot water? At home I know that I can use or not use the pre-sets as I might want to (making the adjustments that you recommended), but in a show, well… it will take a lot of practice. And, if I need to repeat cycles or finish them off with the variable - I don't really see the need for them in the first place. I walk away from my 5200 when I want to (usually only when making soup) Otherwise, I've never really needed a pre-set. The chefs don't use the pre-sets for the

same reasons - they prefer to be in control of speed, and timing - gearing both to what is in the container - a pre-set has no idea. Oh well, I'd better learn to change my tune/opinion otherwise I'll stink at selling them! :-) Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)http://www.blenderlady.com/(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 7:09 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote: To tell you the truth Lea Ann I am not sure what you find objectionable with the presets. As you know there are 3 presets, one for Smoothies, one for frozen, and the other for soups. Once you select your preset you can walk away from it as long as you don't have to use the tamper. Once you are in the preset cycle and you want to stop it all you have to do is hit the start switch. If you think what you are making needs some more time cycle it again or use the manual setting. In the directions they suggest you use the Smoothie preset for cleaning. I always thought

that the smoothie cycle was over kill and maybe that is why they added a cleaning preset to the new machines. I have the Professional 500 and got it last Christmas from Sonoma during their Christmas sale. I paid $449 during this promotion. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:23 PM Subject: pre-sets... was - 5200v6300 Hi , Well, in all fairness to the demonstrator - communication between us and the home office can be uhm, shall we say… confusing at times. Vitamix generously gave all of us a Pro 500 (it hasn't arrived yet) so when it gets here, I will be able to practice more for my Costco shows. I expect that the two new pre-sets on the Pro 750 by themselves won't be much

different from the pre-sets on the Pro 500/6300 machine. BTW - I will probably sell this machine and buy a 7500 (aka Pro 300) when it is available as the 7500 and not as the Pro 300. I figure by then most of the "kinks" (if there are any) will have been well worked out :-) So IMO - you have the new motor - you just need the new container to go with it and essentially you have the Pro 300 (or 7500). I'll have this Pro 500 to play with pre-sets (and in order to sell them, I need to know how they work, and how I can incorporate them into my daily use) but really don't anticipate that I will want a machine with

pre-sets. ANYONE with machines with pre-sets want to tell me how you use YOUR pre-sets??? I'm all ears :-) BTW , I'm jealous that you have that Elite motor - I'm SO ANXIOUS to get my hands on the 7500 - the Elite Motor with the new squat 64 oz. container so I can find out for myself how they work!!! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)http://www.blenderlady.com/(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))>< On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:05 PM, gotgreensrevolution wrote: I was told this by another demonstrator a little while ago. They obviously misspoke (or didn't have the correct info at the time).Thank you for clearing that up Lea Ann!I've had the opportunity to play with the Elite and it is a joy! But it didn't have the new 64 oz container. I'm also giddy about the 7500 and while I'm also not a big fan of

pre-sets either, I am interested in how the 750 pre-sets will work compared to the 500. > > >> > > what are the differences between these 2 models? a friend saw the 6300 at Costco yesterday, she said it was brand new...> > >> >> No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com/Version: 2012.0.2180 / Virus Database: 2437/5093 - Release Date: 06/25/12No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com/

Version: 2012.0.2180 / Virus Database: 2437/5093 - Release Date: 06/25/12