RemedySpot.com

Peeling oranges

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have seen lately that when peeling oranges, you should just peel the orange skin leaving the white pith when making smoothies.  Does this apply to grapefruit too?

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Guest guest

Hello Rena,I haven't used grapefruit in a smoothie - if I were you, I'd pull off some of the white pith and taste it (chew it up well). If it isn't really bitter, I'd toss it in.I call this the "taste test" ;-) If you try this with pomegranate seeds I've found that often we don't chew well enough to fully release the bitter taste from some foods. I can eat pomegranate seeds whole and enjoy them, if I blend them in the Vitamix, it is too bitter for me. I suspect this is because my teeth are not completely obliterating the seeds (most people don't chew any where near the 30 times per mouth full that we are supposed to). Completely crushing up the seeds tends to release more of the bitterness.This works for the positive too though… Blending releases more of ALL flavors!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 24, 2012, at 11:42 PM, Rena Glubay wrote:

I have seen lately that when peeling oranges, you should just peel the orange skin leaving the white pith when making smoothies. Does this apply to grapefruit too?

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Guest guest

Hi Lea Ann,I'll give that a shot.  It sounds like a good test.

We do grapefruit about every other day.  One of our favorites is:

container full of spinachhandful cilantro

Blend with a little water1-2 oranges

1 grapefruita kiwi or two or a 1 inch slice of pineapple

piece of ginger2 stalks of celery

1 tsp cinnamonfill with frozen strawberries

My container is always filled to the top since I am making smoothies for 4 people.Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Rena,I haven't used grapefruit in a smoothie - if I were you, I'd pull off some of the white pith and taste it (chew it up well).  If it isn't really bitter, I'd toss it in.

I call this the " taste test " ;-)  If you try this with pomegranate seeds I've found that often we don't chew well enough to fully release the bitter taste from some foods.  I can eat pomegranate seeds whole and enjoy them, if I blend them in the Vitamix, it is too bitter for me.  I suspect this is because my teeth are not completely obliterating the seeds (most people don't chew any where near the 30 times per mouth full that we are supposed to).  Completely crushing up the seeds tends to release more of the bitterness.

This works for the positive too though…  Blending releases more of ALL flavors!  

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 24, 2012, at 11:42 PM, Rena Glubay wrote:

I have seen lately that when peeling oranges, you should just peel the orange skin leaving the white pith when making smoothies.  Does this apply to grapefruit too?

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.