Guest guest

Guest guest

People looking for glass containers might have luck asking around Hospital

cafeterias, maybe. I almost had some luck that route, but something better came

along.

Just a suggestion.

Good-luck, good fortune.

Guest guest

After literally months of looking for a comfortable, safe, and pretty vessel for

SCOBYs new home , I suggest Amazon. Do a search for 'spigot' or for 'glass

beverage', 'lemonade jar', etc. There is one that I decided on— 1gal,

NON-recycled glass, PLASTIC spigot, affordable (about $25 with free ship). Many

others available for $30-$40. Since I can only afford one " Spigot " tue, my

other backup brews will be in sterilized pickle jars and my backup babies will

be in little mason jars in the cupboard,.. Check it out!!!

There is also a site called www.infusionjars.com. Pretty!!!!

I found that searching for 'vodka infusion jar' gave me all glass options with

digits on google!!!

~~~janine~

On Apr 18, 2010, at 10:16 AM, Margaret King <margaretking56@...> wrote:

I get lots of useable containers at thrift stores, large salad/punch bowls, fish

bowls,vases, these do not have lead.Also restaurants, bars , deli.s, I get jars

that had olives, cherries, or pickles in them. Also, the bartenders save me

vodka & wine bottles for 2nd ferment.

Subject: plastic

kombucha tea

Date: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 9:44 AM

hi all

me again lol

i been looking into larger brewing glass jars but unable to find anything at a

reasonable price (tight budget) ive looked into plastic but some sites say yes

to HDPE 1 or 2 and other sites say no

i can get 2x1 gallon brew buckets (without taps but can get a syphone) for a

good price but dont want to take a chance unless others have had good success

with it (i can house the gallon size ones but anything bigger i cant)

mandy

Guest guest

After literally months of looking for a comfortable, safe, and pretty vessel for

SCOBYs new home , I suggest Amazon. Do a search for 'spigot' or for 'glass

beverage', 'lemonade jar', etc. There is one that I decided on— 1gal,

NON-recycled glass, PLASTIC spigot, affordable (about $25 with free ship). Many

others available for $30-$40. Since I can only afford one " Spigot " tue, my

other backup brews will be in sterilized pickle jars and my backup babies will

be in little mason jars in the cupboard,.. Check it out!!!

There is also a site called www.infusionjars.com. Pretty!!!!

I found that searching for 'vodka infusion jar' gave me all glass options with

digits on google!!!

~~~janine~

On Apr 18, 2010, at 10:16 AM, Margaret King <margaretking56@...> wrote:

I get lots of useable containers at thrift stores, large salad/punch bowls, fish

bowls,vases, these do not have lead.Also restaurants, bars , deli.s, I get jars

that had olives, cherries, or pickles in them. Also, the bartenders save me

vodka & wine bottles for 2nd ferment.

Subject: plastic

kombucha tea

Date: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 9:44 AM

hi all

me again lol

i been looking into larger brewing glass jars but unable to find anything at a

reasonable price (tight budget) ive looked into plastic but some sites say yes

to HDPE 1 or 2 and other sites say no

i can get 2x1 gallon brew buckets (without taps but can get a syphone) for a

good price but dont want to take a chance unless others have had good success

with it (i can house the gallon size ones but anything bigger i cant)

mandy

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Not sure if this question has already been asked,   I've been wondering if the containers are interchangeable between models.  I was thinking of getting the 48oz container..do I need to look for one specifically for my model?

Thanks! :)  -- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

Guest guest

Hello Natalia,Right now ALL of the containers are interchangeable between the 4500, the 5000, and the 5200 (and all of the MANY variations of the 5200 including CIA, Turbo VS, Creations, Creations II, etc).All of the containers means: 64 oz wet, 48 oz. wet, 32 oz. wet, and 32 oz dry.When the new 64 oz. container comes out it will be shorter (supposedly will fit under cabinets) and wider at the bottom with longer blades. I just talked to my boss yesterday and he got to play with the new machine and the new containers at the home office. While he was talking with the engineers he learned that you WILL be able to put the new (squat) 64 oz. container on the 5200 (and all of the other models listed above) BUT that it takes more power to move those longer blades and that the need for increased power will speed up the wearing out of your motor. In other words, if you want to us the new, squat 64 oz. container you would be wise to get the motor that is designed to work with it.He also told me that the new, squat container does not do a great job on batches much less than 2 cups. He said that it splashes things around a lot in the container. He also said that you can minimize this excessive "splashing" by placing the tamper down into the container and leaving it there in the middle.I am dying to get the new machine to try it out - it will be just like the pro 300 (the retail box store version), but will be named (I think) the 7300??? It will have the same base motor as the Creations Elite, but with the new, squat 64 oz. container. I know that for some applications that longer blade will do wonders, but I feel pretty confident that there will be times that the 5200 will do a better job.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 30, 2012, at 5:58 AM, Natalia Burleson wrote:

Not sure if this question has already been asked, I've been wondering if the containers are interchangeable between models. I was thinking of getting the 48oz container..do I need to look for one specifically for my model?

Thanks! :) -- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

Guest guest

Hey Lea Ann,Thanks for all the great info!  :) That is great info to know about the 64oz squat container.  I will definitely stay away from that one!Natalia  

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Natalia,Right now ALL of the containers are interchangeable between the 4500, the 5000, and the 5200 (and all of the MANY variations of the 5200 including CIA, Turbo VS, Creations, Creations II, etc).

All of the containers means:  64 oz wet, 48 oz. wet, 32 oz. wet, and 32 oz dry.When the new 64 oz. container comes out it will be shorter (supposedly will fit under cabinets) and wider at the bottom with longer blades.  I just talked to my boss yesterday and he got to play with the new machine and the new containers at the home office.  While he was talking with the engineers he learned that you WILL be able to put the new (squat) 64 oz. container on the 5200 (and all of the other models listed above) BUT that it takes more power to move those longer blades and that the need for increased power will speed up the wearing out of your motor.  In other words, if you want to us the new, squat 64 oz. container you would be wise to get the motor that is designed to work with it.

He also told me that the new, squat container does not do a great job on batches much less than 2 cups.  He said that it splashes things around a lot in the container.  He also said that you can minimize this excessive " splashing " by placing the tamper down into the container and leaving it there in the middle.

I am dying to get the new machine to try it out - it will be just like the pro 300 (the retail box store version), but will be named (I think) the 7300???  It will have the same base motor as the Creations Elite, but with the new, squat 64 oz. container.  I know that for some applications that longer blade will do wonders, but I feel pretty confident that there will be times that the 5200 will do a better job.  

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

Not sure if this question has already been asked,   I've been wondering if the containers are interchangeable between models.  I was thinking of getting the 48oz container..do I need to look for one specifically for my model?

Thanks! :)  -- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

-- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

Guest guest

Not me. I may buy a new machine with the more powerful motor. When will it ve available? And will I be able to use my dry container in that new machine? It sounds like it.Sent from my iPadHDOn May 30, 2012, at 10:14 AM, Natalia Burleson <nataeson@...> wrote:

Hey Lea Ann,Thanks for all the great info! :) That is great info to know about the 64oz squat container. I will definitely stay away from that one!Natalia

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Natalia,Right now ALL of the containers are interchangeable between the 4500, the 5000, and the 5200 (and all of the MANY variations of the 5200 including CIA, Turbo VS, Creations, Creations II, etc).

All of the containers means: 64 oz wet, 48 oz. wet, 32 oz. wet, and 32 oz dry.When the new 64 oz. container comes out it will be shorter (supposedly will fit under cabinets) and wider at the bottom with longer blades. I just talked to my boss yesterday and he got to play with the new machine and the new containers at the home office. While he was talking with the engineers he learned that you WILL be able to put the new (squat) 64 oz. container on the 5200 (and all of the other models listed above) BUT that it takes more power to move those longer blades and that the need for increased power will speed up the wearing out of your motor. In other words, if you want to us the new, squat 64 oz. container you would be wise to get the motor that is designed to work with it.

He also told me that the new, squat container does not do a great job on batches much less than 2 cups. He said that it splashes things around a lot in the container. He also said that you can minimize this excessive "splashing" by placing the tamper down into the container and leaving it there in the middle.

I am dying to get the new machine to try it out - it will be just like the pro 300 (the retail box store version), but will be named (I think) the 7300??? It will have the same base motor as the Creations Elite, but with the new, squat 64 oz. container. I know that for some applications that longer blade will do wonders, but I feel pretty confident that there will be times that the 5200 will do a better job.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

Not sure if this question has already been asked, I've been wondering if the containers are interchangeable between models. I was thinking of getting the 48oz container..do I need to look for one specifically for my model?

Thanks! :) -- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

-- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

Guest guest

My boss says sometime in the 4th quarter - we are hoping for early in the 4th quarter (Sept. fingers crossed) rather than later…IMO - the Creations Elite launch and the launch of the Pro 300 is a way to work out any production issues before releasing it to the demonstrators and on vitamix.com to sell on a large scale to the public. But there are no worries about the quality of these machines being launched, because IF "something" were to show up as needing repair - the warranty would cover the issue. I have heard of no issues so far. I would trot myself out and buy a Pro 300 right now, but I'd rather wait for the unit I can use my "employee discount" on :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 30, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Terry Pogue wrote:

Not me. I may buy a new machine with the more powerful motor. When will it ve available? And will I be able to use my dry container in that new machine? It sounds like it.Sent from my iPadHDOn May 30, 2012, at 10:14 AM, Natalia Burleson <nataeson@...> wrote:

Hey Lea Ann,Thanks for all the great info! :) That is great info to know about the 64oz squat container. I will definitely stay away from that one!Natalia

Guest guest

So for a one person serving, what would you say is the best Vitamix and

container set up? Although there are times when multiple servings would be made,

for the most part it would be to just serve one. And for the one, leftovers or

storing leftovers isn't desirable.

>

> Hello Natalia,

>

> Right now ALL of the containers are interchangeable between the 4500, the

5000, and the 5200 (and all of the MANY variations of the 5200 including CIA,

Turbo VS, Creations, Creations II, etc).

>

> All of the containers means: 64 oz wet, 48 oz. wet, 32 oz. wet, and 32 oz

dry.

>

> When the new 64 oz. container comes out it will be shorter (supposedly will

fit under cabinets) and wider at the bottom with longer blades. I just talked

to my boss yesterday and he got to play with the new machine and the new

containers at the home office. While he was talking with the engineers he

learned that you WILL be able to put the new (squat) 64 oz. container on the

5200 (and all of the other models listed above) BUT that it takes more power to

move those longer blades and that the need for increased power will speed up the

wearing out of your motor. In other words, if you want to us the new, squat 64

oz. container you would be wise to get the motor that is designed to work with

it.

>

> He also told me that the new, squat container does not do a great job on

batches much less than 2 cups. He said that it splashes things around a lot in

the container. He also said that you can minimize this excessive " splashing " by

placing the tamper down into the container and leaving it there in the middle.

>

> I am dying to get the new machine to try it out - it will be just like the pro

300 (the retail box store version), but will be named (I think) the 7300??? It

will have the same base motor as the Creations Elite, but with the new, squat 64

oz. container. I know that for some applications that longer blade will do

wonders, but I feel pretty confident that there will be times that the 5200 will

do a better job.

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.BlenderLady.com

> (AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)

> <:)))><

>