RemedySpot.com

Re: New soon to be Vitamix owner with a question about smoothies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

to my way of thinking a refrigerated smoothie is better than no smoothie at all. I generally have my smoothie prepped the night before and blend it in the morning but that is me. I generally make 2 smoothies in the morning. One is orange juice I drink right away and the other is a green smoothie I take to work. I can make both and clean the container in less than 10 minutes. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of scoteuSent: Monday, June 18, 2012 4:49 PM Subject: New soon to be Vitamix owner with a question about smoothies Hi Everyone,I just wanted to introduce myself to this amazing group. My name is Scot and just forty-five minutes ago I placed my order for a Vitamix. I will be receiving it in ten to twelve days and I can not wait for it to arrive. The reason for the purchase of the Vitamix was because I wanted an easy way to get more fruits and vegetables in to my diet to help me lose weight. Now on to my question. Is there any good smoothies and/or green smoothies that can survive for a few hours in the refrigerator till morning? The reason I ask this question is because I'm not really an early morning person so I usually have to hurry off to work as soon as I get up on weekday mornings. I read somewhere that a person should drink the smoothie with in thirty minutes of being made. I hope that I have been miss informed because a healthy smoothie in the morning would be a better choice for me than my options I have now. Please feel free to correct me if any of my information is wrong. I look forward to hearing back from everyone and the future recipes and questions people will post.Thanks,Scot

Guest guest

to my way of thinking a refrigerated smoothie is better than no smoothie at all. I generally have my smoothie prepped the night before and blend it in the morning but that is me. I generally make 2 smoothies in the morning. One is orange juice I drink right away and the other is a green smoothie I take to work. I can make both and clean the container in less than 10 minutes. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of scoteuSent: Monday, June 18, 2012 4:49 PM Subject: New soon to be Vitamix owner with a question about smoothies Hi Everyone,I just wanted to introduce myself to this amazing group. My name is Scot and just forty-five minutes ago I placed my order for a Vitamix. I will be receiving it in ten to twelve days and I can not wait for it to arrive. The reason for the purchase of the Vitamix was because I wanted an easy way to get more fruits and vegetables in to my diet to help me lose weight. Now on to my question. Is there any good smoothies and/or green smoothies that can survive for a few hours in the refrigerator till morning? The reason I ask this question is because I'm not really an early morning person so I usually have to hurry off to work as soon as I get up on weekday mornings. I read somewhere that a person should drink the smoothie with in thirty minutes of being made. I hope that I have been miss informed because a healthy smoothie in the morning would be a better choice for me than my options I have now. Please feel free to correct me if any of my information is wrong. I look forward to hearing back from everyone and the future recipes and questions people will post.Thanks,Scot

Guest guest

Tom,

Thanks for the advise and telling me how long it takes. Probably after I get the Vitamix and use it a few times I will get the hang of it.

Thanks,

Scot

On Jun 18, 2012 5:05 PM, " Tom Matuschak " <pmatus@...> wrote:

to my way of thinking a refrigerated smoothie is better than no smoothie at all.  I generally have my smoothie prepped the night before and blend it in the morning but that is me. I generally make 2 smoothies in the morning.  One is orange juice I drink right away and the other is a green smoothie I take to work.  I can make both and clean the container in less than 10 minutes.

Tom  

Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 4:49 PM Subject: New soon to be Vitamix owner with a question about smoothies

Hi Everyone,I just wanted to introduce myself to this amazing group. My name is Scot and just forty-five minutes ago I placed my order for a Vitamix. I will be receiving it in ten to twelve days and I can not wait for it to arrive. The reason for the purchase of the Vitamix was because I wanted an easy way to get more fruits and vegetables in to my diet to help me lose weight.

Now on to my question. Is there any good smoothies and/or green smoothies that can survive for a few hours in the refrigerator till morning? The reason I ask this question is because I'm not really an early morning person so I usually have to hurry off to work as soon as I get up on weekday mornings. I read somewhere that a person should drink the smoothie with in thirty minutes of being made. I hope that I have been miss informed because a healthy smoothie in the morning would be a better choice for me than my options I have now. Please feel free to correct me if any of my information is wrong. I look forward to hearing back from everyone and the future recipes and questions people will post.

Thanks,Scot

Guest guest

Tom,

Thanks for the advise and telling me how long it takes. Probably after I get the Vitamix and use it a few times I will get the hang of it.

Thanks,

Scot

to my way of thinking a refrigerated smoothie is better than no smoothie at all.  I generally have my smoothie prepped the night before and blend it in the morning but that is me. I generally make 2 smoothies in the morning.  One is orange juice I drink right away and the other is a green smoothie I take to work.  I can make both and clean the container in less than 10 minutes.

Tom  

Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 4:49 PM Subject: New soon to be Vitamix owner with a question about smoothies

Hi Everyone,I just wanted to introduce myself to this amazing group. My name is Scot and just forty-five minutes ago I placed my order for a Vitamix. I will be receiving it in ten to twelve days and I can not wait for it to arrive. The reason for the purchase of the Vitamix was because I wanted an easy way to get more fruits and vegetables in to my diet to help me lose weight.

Now on to my question. Is there any good smoothies and/or green smoothies that can survive for a few hours in the refrigerator till morning? The reason I ask this question is because I'm not really an early morning person so I usually have to hurry off to work as soon as I get up on weekday mornings. I read somewhere that a person should drink the smoothie with in thirty minutes of being made. I hope that I have been miss informed because a healthy smoothie in the morning would be a better choice for me than my options I have now. Please feel free to correct me if any of my information is wrong. I look forward to hearing back from everyone and the future recipes and questions people will post.

Thanks,Scot

Guest guest

Hi Scot,I am also anxiously awaiting my Vitamix.  I had it delivered to a friend's place in California from Costco.com.   I will be going there to visit this weekend, and bringing my baby home to Canada with me!  I can't wait.

I make smoothies every morning in my current blender, and since I start work at 430am, you can imagine I don't want to spend a lot of time preparing anything in the morning before work!I keep frozen berries in plastic 1 quart yoghurt containers in the door of the fridge, along with cut up banana slices.  It makes it very easy to throw everything together in the morning since it's all prepped. 

My smoothie is made, and the blender cleaned in about 5 minutes or less!   Any time I have put a smoothie in the fridge or left it out for a while, I have never wanted to drink it.  Fresh is definitely the way to go! 

The sound of the blender will help you wake up in the morning!  LOLHope this helps.JimOn Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Scot Eury <scot.eury@...> wrote:

Tom,

Thanks,

Scot

Tom  

Thanks,Scot

Guest guest

Tip I got from a demonstrator.

Put all ingredients in a ziploc bag already chopped, peeled (banana for

ex) and throw in freezer.

In am dump in vitamix with water(liquid) and let er rip.

Tony

Guest guest

That is a Great Idea!!For liquid I have been using flavored Seltzer Water. Works for me!On Jun 18, 2012, at 8:14 PM, Tony Szpara wrote:

Tony

Guest guest

That is a Great Idea!!For liquid I have been using flavored Seltzer Water. Works for me!On Jun 18, 2012, at 8:14 PM, Tony Szpara wrote:

Tony

Guest guest

Thanks everyone for your advise. I will try to make my smoothies fresh

since it seems to take no time at all especially when you have all the

prep done and the fruit is frozen. All of your posts have given me

different ways to go about creating smoothies and I really can not

wait to try them.

Guest guest

Thanks everyone for your advise. I will try to make my smoothies fresh

since it seems to take no time at all especially when you have all the

prep done and the fruit is frozen. All of your posts have given me

different ways to go about creating smoothies and I really can not

wait to try them.

Guest guest

Scot,

I am the same way in the morning. I was only making them on some of the days

because I always seem to be running late. I joined the 30 Day Green Smoothie

Challenge here and that really motivated me to step it up and I have not missed

a day so far!

Prep, prep, prep - and organization.

All my fruit are in containers, washed & ready to go. I even stack all the

containers so I can grab in one motion. Greens are also all washed and ready to

go and easy to grab.

Usually, I bring the containers to the machine, but when I am really pressed for

time, I just walk the container to the fridge and fill up there.

Also, you will see how EASY it is to wash the Vitamix. It takes no time at all.

I would recommend taking the moment to wash it and not leave the green residue

sit until later. (I have done that by accident with the mug I bring to work and

that green residue really sticks!)

A friend at work tried to start making green smoothies in the morning with her

regular blender. Cleaning the machine was the deal breaker for her. She said it

took so long to clean her blender she couldn't do it in time.

Good luck!

Kathleen

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I just wanted to introduce myself to this amazing group. My name is Scot and

just forty-five minutes ago I placed my order for a Vitamix. I will be receiving

it in ten to twelve days and I can not wait for it to arrive. The reason for the

purchase of the Vitamix was because I wanted an easy way to get more fruits and

vegetables in to my diet to help me lose weight.

>

> Now on to my question. Is there any good smoothies and/or green smoothies that

can survive for a few hours in the refrigerator till morning? The reason I ask

this question is because I'm not really an early morning person so I usually

have to hurry off to work as soon as I get up on weekday mornings. I read

somewhere that a person should drink the smoothie with in thirty minutes of

being made. I hope that I have been miss informed because a healthy smoothie in

the morning would be a better choice for me than my options I have now. Please

feel free to correct me if any of my information is wrong. I look forward to

hearing back from everyone and the future recipes and questions people will

post.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Scot

>

Guest guest

Scot,

I am the same way in the morning. I was only making them on some of the days

because I always seem to be running late. I joined the 30 Day Green Smoothie

Challenge here and that really motivated me to step it up and I have not missed

a day so far!

Prep, prep, prep - and organization.

All my fruit are in containers, washed & ready to go. I even stack all the

containers so I can grab in one motion. Greens are also all washed and ready to

go and easy to grab.

Usually, I bring the containers to the machine, but when I am really pressed for

time, I just walk the container to the fridge and fill up there.

Also, you will see how EASY it is to wash the Vitamix. It takes no time at all.

I would recommend taking the moment to wash it and not leave the green residue

sit until later. (I have done that by accident with the mug I bring to work and

that green residue really sticks!)

A friend at work tried to start making green smoothies in the morning with her

regular blender. Cleaning the machine was the deal breaker for her. She said it

took so long to clean her blender she couldn't do it in time.

Good luck!

Kathleen

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I just wanted to introduce myself to this amazing group. My name is Scot and

just forty-five minutes ago I placed my order for a Vitamix. I will be receiving

it in ten to twelve days and I can not wait for it to arrive. The reason for the

>

> Now on to my question. Is there any good smoothies and/or green smoothies that

can survive for a few hours in the refrigerator till morning? The reason I ask

this question is because I'm not really an early morning person so I usually

post.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Scot

>

Guest guest

Kathleen the organization and prep that you suggested will really help with the

time constraint. Also I guess I just need to go to bed earlier and stop smacking

the snooze like it is some kind of punching bag (ok I'm not that bad).

> >

> > Hi Everyone,

> >

> > I just wanted to introduce myself to this amazing group. My name is Scot and

> >

> > Now on to my question. Is there any good smoothies and/or green smoothies

that can survive for a few hours in the refrigerator till morning? The reason I

ask this question is because I'm not really an early morning person so I usually

post.

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> > Scot

> >