RemedySpot.com

Re: Question about the Creations cookbook

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello yourfavoritething2002,I don't know the answer to this, but to find the answer I would call Customer Service - I can't call until I get home from this show. If you call before then, can you let us know the answer?

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 26, 2012, at 5:48 PM, yourfavoritething2002 wrote:

I received the Creations Cookbook with my Vita-mix Elite machine and am wondering, are the recipes in the book created for the 48 oz. container or 64 oz. container? I ask because most of the beverage recipes I've tried I have so much trouble incorporating the ice, it floats above and doesn't mix with the liquid. Do I need to halve the recipes? Or perhaps I'm not staying at a lower speed long enough before incrementally raising to high. I also noticed that I typically have to use the tamper. I'm trying to achieve the consistency of a blended iced coffee.

I have had good luck with the green smoothies from the PDF chart, but they only use 1 cup of ice and less liquid. Just curious if my expectations are to high, or am I doing something wrong? I determined that my ice tray produces cubes that equal 6-7 cubes to a cup, not the 10 previously mentioned. But I can only imagine how many different ice trays there are all over the country. :o) I didn't think there would be this much of a learning curve to use the Vita-mix. It always looks pretty easy on television.