RemedySpot.com

Re: young coconut question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've been making coconut milk with dried coconut (in my Vitamix)... there's a Youtube video online.... I'm guessing it's also possible to make it from fresh coconut... I'm sure if you googled it, a ton of methods would come up.

young coconut question

Hi,does anybody have any suggestions about what to do with young coconuts?? I found them at my local grocery store the other day, bought one, managed to bash it open and oh, my gosh, was it yummy!! I put the water into my smoothie this morning with some frozen banana, bok choy and raw cocoa and we just ate the meat yesterday for desert with dinner, but there must be something else we can do with this great stuff!thanks,Caitlyn

Guest guest

There are several you tube videos posted on raw bliss (http://rawbliss.proboards.com/index.cgi) that show how to do all kinds of foodie/vitamix things, including coconut milk; it makes it easier to have the ‘how-to’ videos all in one place J Sometimes the you tube video is posted to a recipe section or dehydrated section, or sprouting section. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of GailSent: Friday, May 25, 2012 1:13 PM Subject: Re: young coconut question I've been making coconut milk with dried coconut (in my Vitamix)... there's a Youtube video online.... I'm guessing it's also possible to make it from fresh coconut... I'm sure if you googled it, a ton of methods would come up. young coconut question Hi,does anybody have any suggestions about what to do with young coconuts?? I found them at my local grocery store the other day, bought one, managed to bash it open and oh, my gosh, was it yummy!! I put the water into my smoothie this morning with some frozen banana, bok choy and raw cocoa and we just ate the meat yesterday for desert with dinner, but there must be something else we can do with this great stuff!thanks,Caitlyn

Guest guest

One really fun and yummy thing to do with young coconuts is to make " noodles "

for either a dish or a salad. Here is the tool I use.

http://www.ubraw.com/rawtools.html Our list member Peggy put me on to this

little gadget a couple of years ago-great for other veggies and fruits, not just

coconuts, but works a charm on them. DO be careful about buying the Thai

coconuts though-many of them are dipped in formaldehyde and other waxy chemicals

before shipping. Look for organic untreated ones if this is a concern for you

(it is for me)

>

> I've been making coconut milk with dried coconut (in my Vitamix)... there's a

Youtube video online.... I'm guessing it's also possible to make it from fresh

coconut... I'm sure if you googled it, a ton of methods would come up.

> young coconut question

>

>

>

> Hi,

> does anybody have any suggestions about what to do with young coconuts?? I

found them at my local grocery store the other day, bought one, managed to bash

it open and oh, my gosh, was it yummy!! I put the water into my smoothie this

morning with some frozen banana, bok choy and raw cocoa and we just ate the meat

yesterday for desert with dinner, but there must be something else we can do

with this great stuff!

>

> thanks,

> Caitlyn

>

Guest guest

I SO want to try this recipe:

http://www.rawmazing.com/raw-egglessnog/

but I have never seen a young coconut for sale anywhere.

--

>

> Hi,

> does anybody have any suggestions about what to do with young coconuts?? I

morning with some frozen banana, bok choy and raw cocoa and we just ate the meat

with this great stuff!

>

> thanks,

> Caitlyn

>

Guest guest

Ditto. There are none to be had around here, either.I bought 100% pure and natural coconut water, but if my eyes had been tied shut, I would have never known that's what it was. Sure doesn't taste like the stuff you get when they punch a hole in a coconut in Costa Rica and stick a straw in it.

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM, homeschoolhub <andreamom001@...> wrote:

---- " Do not meddle with the forces of nature, for you are small, insignificant and biodegradable. " --unknown

Guest guest

I'm in New Jersey and the Shoprite grocery stores sometimes have them as well as the Asian markets.

Fran

In a message dated 5/25/2012 5:52:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, andreamom001@... writes:

I SO want to try this recipe:http://www.rawmazing.com/raw-egglessnog/but I have never seen a young coconut for sale anywhere.-->> Hi,> does anybody have any suggestions about what to do with young coconuts?? I found them at my local grocery store the other day, bought one, managed to bash it open and oh, my gosh, was it yummy!! I put the water into my smoothie this morning with some frozen banana, bok choy and raw cocoa and we just ate the meat yesterday for desert with dinner, but there must be something else we can do with this great stuff!> > thanks,> Caitlyn>

Guest guest

So funny.... I just now " liked " 's Produce on Facebook and commented on a

photo of their SYCs!! They are SO delicious (the water is incredible!!) and they

are used in a variety of raw, vegan recipes. 's recipes are outstanding! I

posted about her site in a message here recently. She also has a group page on

Facebook. I've made (twice now, and getting ready for a third time!) her Banana

Cream Parfait, which calls for the SYC. Oh. My. Goodness!!! It truly

is....Rawmazing! I've been getting the SYCs from my Wegmans Market. After

speaking w/a produce employee there, I found out that the 's deliveries

come in on Tues and Fri. I called the store at 9 AM this past Tues and was

informed that no SYCs were coming in. So I called again this morning, and was

pleased to know that I could get some today. The store received nine coconuts to

sell. I went home with six. LOL! Having said all that, perhaps you could

contact 's (via email, FB, or Twitter) and see if they can locate a

retailer near you. Good luck!

Carol

> >

> > Hi,

> > does anybody have any suggestions about what to do with young coconuts?? I

with this great stuff!

> >

> > thanks,

> > Caitlyn

> >

>

Guest guest

thanks for the recipe.Getting into the coconut wasn't that hard, really, just took some perseverance-lol! YOu can look on you tube for videos about it. I just used a chef's knife to do it. Hardest thing was to not let the milk/water spill out once it was open!CaitOn 2012-05-25, at 5:52 PM, homeschoolhub wrote:

--

>

> Hi,

> does anybody have any suggestions about what to do with young coconuts?? I found them at my local grocery store the other day, bought one, managed to bash it open and oh, my gosh, was it yummy!! I put the water into my smoothie this morning with some frozen banana, bok choy and raw cocoa and we just ate the meat yesterday for desert with dinner, but there must be something else we can do with this great stuff!

>

> thanks,

> Caitlyn

>