RemedySpot.com

Re: Vitmaix Issue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Beth,I have returned two different Vitamix machines (a 5000 and a 5200) for repairs to the Variable Speed control. My machines have always been returned to me from the factory with MORE repairs and upgrades to the machine than just what I sent it in for (they always upgrade any parts that have been upgraded after the initial manufacture of the product). I was at the Home Office JUST YESTERDAY and during my tour of the factory line spoke with the men who all work at the repair bench about the repairs they recently did to my machine (I thanked them for the upgrades). They SHOWED me the old variable speed control part that they used to use, and the new one (all recent machines are now using the newer, stronger, beefier part).I can't imagine how hard it would be to part with your machine (lucky for me I always have a back up :-) but if you do - you will be so pleased with the results.IF you call customer service to set up a return for repairs - ask them to email your shipping label rather than mail it to you. You won't need to send in the container and the base fits in a pretty small box. Vitamix pays for shipping both ways!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 21, 2012, at 12:03 PM, Beth E wrote:

Hi everyone. I know I can call customer service abotu this, but I just don't want them to tell me I have to send it in for repair--I'm not sure we can live without it, especially in the summer! So perhaps someone has had a similar experience and has an at-home repair idea for me?

My VM (5200 costco model, 4 years old now?) works fine on high and will work intermittently on variable. But clicks (I can hear an audible 'click' within the machine) on and off when set to any variable speed tho the control knob is flipped to 'on'. If I use the switch to flick it off while on variable, and then back on it will sometimes come on and stay on and it will sometimes come on just for a moment, sometimes not at all. The problems seems worse at the lower variable speeds, but sometimes won't work on high variable either.

Any advice?

Beth